Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Things I learned from Sean Hannity yesterday:

1) Who cares if Trump colluded with Russia? Collusion isn't actually a crime! You can't just magically turn collusion into a crime, you need to pass a statute to do that, but they haven't, so collusion isn't a crime and Trump can't be indicted.

2) Trump's approval rating is higher now than it's ever been and he's done a lot of great things but the liberal media won't tell you about all the great things he did. But people are getting sick of the liberal media and that's why Trump's approval ratings are at 50% now, even liberal CNN has Trump gaining 8 points in approval ratings.

3) Hannity saw a twitter thing comparing him saying it would be a disaster for Obama to talk to North Korea, and then him saying it's great for Trump to talk to North Korea, and implied that this was hypocrisy. Why, nothing could be farther from the truth! It's not hypocritical at all because Obama was bad, and Trump is good. Since Obama was so weak, it would have been bad for him to talk to North Korea, but because Trump is strong and manly and good at negotiating, that means it's a great idea for him to talk to North Korea. Not hypocrisy in the least!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
A useful observation:

https://twitter.com/KT_So_It_Goes/status/982276617354358784

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Twelve by Pies posted:

3) Hannity saw a twitter thing comparing him saying it would be a disaster for Obama to talk to North Korea, and then him saying it's great for Trump to talk to North Korea, and implied that this was hypocrisy. Why, nothing could be farther from the truth! It's not hypocritical at all because Obama was bad, and Trump is good. Since Obama was so weak, it would have been bad for him to talk to North Korea, but because Trump is strong and manly and good at negotiating, that means it's a great idea for him to talk to North Korea. Not hypocrisy in the least!

I want to know what how they picture negotiations that this makes sense. I'm guessing they think it's all zero sum and you get what you want by giving the other party/ies as little as possible? Or is it that foreigners can smell fear?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Twelve by Pies posted:

1) Who cares if Trump colluded with Russia? Collusion isn't actually a crime! You can't just magically turn collusion into a crime, you need to pass a statute to do that, but they haven't, so collusion isn't a crime and Trump can't be indicted.

2) Trump's approval rating is higher now than it's ever been and he's done a lot of great things but the liberal media won't tell you about all the great things he did. But people are getting sick of the liberal media and that's why Trump's approval ratings are at 50% now, even liberal CNN has Trump gaining 8 points in approval ratings.

lol, I love how easily his primary talking points can be batted away.

1.) Yes it is, moron.

2.) No it isn't, he's been at 50% on Rassmussen before.

3.) It's hypocrisy.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

He's apparently getting run out of his town too.

Comedian rants for a week about negative reaction to racial joke

quote:

A Catholic school won’t accept his donations, his son’s babysitter quit, and the town supervisor is publicly apologizing for letting him perform at the town hall. Nationally famous stand-up comedian Owen Benjamin responded with a week-long series of rants to his 100,000-plus social media followers and says he’s moving out of Saranac Lake.

Edit: just noticed the date of the article, drat dude went down in flames.

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 7, 2018

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Lightning Knight posted:

If I has to take a stab at it, based on the picture, it’s “the Mexicans are coming to rape your (white) wives and put their undergarments in trees as a show of superiority.”

Remember that the Republican Party is basically an open white nationalist organization now and is recycling Nazi propaganda at this point. Minorities raping white women in an organized fashion, “demographic replacement,” “cultural Marxism,” etc. It’s all the poo poo they used to just imply but without the veneer of plausible deniability the Southern Strategy gave them.

Uhhh, rape trees are absolutely a thing. The only BS in that tweet is how finding one 'proves' Trump is right. Phone posting or I'd give you more links, but here's one from 2009.

http://www.latina.com/lifestyle/news-politics/rape-trees-found-along-southern-us-border

e: to clarify, it's generally done by the coyotes, etc., not the migrants.

Corsair Pool Boy fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 7, 2018

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So I guess Sean Hannity is a joyless prick all over and is engaging in a multi-day long Twitter and TV feud with Jimmy Kimmel, which Hannity started himself by being a butt-hurt rear end in a top hat.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

MANime in the sheets posted:

Uhhh, rape trees are absolutely a thing. The only BS in that tweet is how finding one 'proves' Trump is right. Phone posting or I'd give you more links, but here's one from 2009.

http://www.latina.com/lifestyle/news-politics/rape-trees-found-along-southern-us-border

e: to clarify, it's generally done by the coyotes, etc., not the migrants.

Interesting. It’s significant to note that this article asserts that the rapes are happening primarily to the immigrants and refugees. The talking point as deployed by Republicans is clearly implying they’re raping primarily (white) American citizens.

Also “coyote” is a term I’ve never heard before, I legit thought you meant the animals were raping people. :stare:

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Lightning Knight posted:

Interesting. It’s significant to note that this article asserts that the rapes are happening primarily to the immigrants and refugees. The talking point as deployed by Republicans is clearly implying they’re raping primarily (white) American citizens.

Also “coyote” is a term I’ve never heard before, I legit thought you meant the animals were raping people. :stare:

Yeah that's true, just wanted to clarify that it is a real phenomenon, and has been for quite some time.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/UweBollRaw/status/982400865850961920

:lol:

This needs to get to Alex Jones. I dont think his ego would allow him to refuse or ignore it.

Then I want Uwe Boll to beat the poo poo out of him.

Edit: holy poo poo he's going hard right out the gate :lol:

https://twitter.com/UweBollRaw/status/982439173511561216

E2: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Zipperelli. fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Apr 7, 2018

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

So I guess Sean Hannity is a joyless prick all over and is engaging in a multi-day long Twitter and TV feud with Jimmy Kimmel, which Hannity started himself by being a butt-hurt rear end in a top hat.

Ah yes. Getting into a fight with a professional comedian, with a team of writers and massive media platform.

That's always a good idea.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

I was going to say this is nothing new, but I confused my RWM assholes. I don't think I've ever heard Hannity really talk about Jimmy Kimmel before, but Rush talks about him all the time.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lightning Knight posted:

of all the methods to cross the border, border hopping is among the least frequent, because it is so dangerous. sexual assault, death through neglect or exposure, etc. are common

which is another reason the wall is dumb. only people who are very desperate hop the border. anyone with a chance just gets a visa and stays on after it expires

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

E2: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Is that Lowtaxs music I hear???

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Koalas March posted:

For his sake I hope not.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Koalas March posted:

*Brokeback Mountain sountrack plays*

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Koalas March posted:

BAHGAWD KING, HE'S BROKEN LOWTAX'S BACK!!! SOMEBODY CALL MAMA KYANKA, SHE'S GONNA BE CRYIN' ALL NIGHT!

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

BAHGAWD KING, HE'S BROKEN LOWTAX'S BACK!!! SOMEBODY CALL MAMA KYANKA, SHE'S GONNA BE CRYIN' ALL NIGHT!

:lol:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

*Brokeback Mountain sountrack plays*

...for some reason this now just links to the "screaming cowboy music video" in my head.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Alkydere posted:

...for some reason this now just links to the "screaming cowboy music video" in my head.

This version is much better than the original imo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAjh3fJuI6k

Zipperelli. fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 9, 2018

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Minenfeld! posted:

What the gently caress are "rape trees? "

Never seen Evil Dead have you :colbert:

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose
Hahahahaha

TAKE THAT DOWN

It's hard to lie about the news when your graphics department puts up the wrong graphics.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/take-watch-fox-host-howard-kurtz-panic-graphic-shows-fox-news-least-trusted-network/

https://twitter.com/AoDespair/status/983306631248318464

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Zipperelli. posted:

This version is much better than the original imo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAjh3fJuI6k

Goddamnit, I can't stop laughing. The whole screan shaking and everything.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Also by that math that means at least 50% of respondents said they don't trust either Fox or Trump.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I feel like they might be misinterpreting the survey because these numbers don't make sense to me.

Anyone know the source for the data?

Edit:

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/monmouthpoll_us_040218/

Trump versus Cable News

The Monmouth University Poll also finds that Pres. Trump is trusted less as source of information than three cable news outlets – except if you ask Republicans. Nearly half the American public (48%) trusts CNN more than Trump, compared with one-third (35%) who trust Trump more than CNN and another 13% who trust both equally as a source of information. The results are similar when Trump is pitted against the left-leaning MSNBC – 45% trust MSNBC more, 32% trust Trump more, and 16% trust both equally. The right-leaning Fox News also bests the president as a trusted information source – 30% trust Fox more and 20% trust Trump more, although a plurality of 37% trust both equally.

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Apr 10, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, that graphic is all kinds of confusing.

Its still saying that CNN and MSNBC are more trusted than Fox News and Trump by a wide margin. Just not really in the way they're saying. The odd part of that is that it means the plurality of the people trust Trump and Fox News equally but that could mean anything from "they both tell the truth" to "they're both liars." And based on the CNN and MSNBC numbers I'd assume the latter.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
So seriously, what would you answer, given the following question and options:

I’m going to read you some names of information sources. For each pair of names I read, please tell me which one you trust more as a source of information, or whether you trust both sources about equally. First, Donald Trump and Fox News:

Trust Trump more
Trust Fox News more
Trust both equally
(Secret option, not provided as an option but accepted as an answer): Don't know.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, that's one of those poorly structured polls because two people can answer "Trust Both Equally" and mean completely different things. "Trust Trump/Fox News/Both" only adds up to 87% leaving 13% behind. By comparison the CNN one adds up to 96% and the MSNBC one 93%. So again I think that points to a lot of people just being "gently caress both Fox and Trump" and splitting their votes between "Trust Both Equally" and "Don't Know" because they couldn't find the right answer.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
tucker's having an extremely normal one tonight

https://twitter.com/DustinGiebel/status/983511164670894080

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
speaking of having a normal one

https://twitter.com/resisterhood/status/983514160179933185

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Holy poo poo, I thought they were doing only a one or two off. They are REALLY dedicated to screwing this pooch, aren't they?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

If you tried to describe that video in a book, it would come off as barely believable borderline parody :staredog:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
CNN: Does Steve Cortes always look this orange?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/maltyhops/status/983514623344291841

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Crosspost from the Trump thread:

nine-gear crow posted:

Congrats to everyone who predicted that Sean Hannity wouldn't just take the meager W of Kimmel apologizing and moving on from this dumbfuck feud Hannity himself started for no reason: Hannity: "I Have More Damaging Clips of You".

Lumpy gonna run this poo poo into the ground and thensome.

Days later:
Sean Hannity: "Folks I'm about to show you footage that Kimmel wants you to forget." *shows the Porkie's sketch from The Man Show*

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Is there a reason Hannity isn't also bashing Colbert for wife#8934954378 jokes?

Or is it because Colbert would destroy Hannity?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Phone posted:

tucker's having an extremely normal one tonight

https://twitter.com/DustinGiebel/status/983511164670894080

"They're not against sex either, they just hate unsexy zoos."

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I have never seen anything like this before and it's seriously worrying that "news media" is being reduced to this kind of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Sinclair is really freaking out by getting exposed, which is great.