Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
señor dislike

Updating first post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Can someone explain the LL limited box deal where you can choose a specific UR? There’s all sorts of crazy numbers and icons flying around and I just want my UR Halloween Yohane

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Chill la Chill posted:

Can someone explain the LL limited box deal where you can choose a specific UR? There’s all sorts of crazy numbers and icons flying around and I just want my UR Halloween Yohane

As far as I understand it, you should think of it as a lottery box with a total of 200 cards thrown into it. You can then pull cards from that box. The UR you select is one of the cards thrown into the box, the rest is random. So initially you have a 1:200 chance to pull your chosen UR, but every time you make a pull and don't get it, the chance goes up, because there's fewer other cards left in the box.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

nielsm posted:

As far as I understand it, you should think of it as a lottery box with a total of 200 cards thrown into it. You can then pull cards from that box. The UR you select is one of the cards thrown into the box, the rest is random. So initially you have a 1:200 chance to pull your chosen UR, but every time you make a pull and don't get it, the chance goes up, because there's fewer other cards left in the box.

Someone on reddit did the math to fully clear those money sinks, and it's $541.28.

Good lord I don't care for Bang Dream's gacha system. I can't even see all the available cards? I did my first 10-pull and got two 3-stars, so I guess that's okayish--I kind of like Chisato and Moca's faux sleepyhead hasn't started to grate on me yet--but I feel I don't fully understand card strength.... There's no difference between performance, technique, and visuals, is there. I also don't like how I can't just switch to the next member in my list, like on sif.

Okay now that I'm done complaining, time for me to spend the rest of my day off playing.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

I got 4* Rimi, apparently the best card currently in the game, with my initial draw :smug:

Elephant Parade fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 6, 2018

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Thanks, they fit perfectly!! now if you'd like to suggest some songs for them to link to I'm open to anything!

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

E-flat posted:

Good lord I don't care for Bang Dream's gacha system. I can't even see all the available cards?

I feel I don't fully understand card strength.... There's no difference between performance, technique, and visuals, is there

The 'i' icon on the gacha info box is tappable, all the percentages etc are in there.

Yeah, basically all stats besides total power are irrelevant currently - there's no skills that boost only a given stat or a given type. Type is indeed also irrelevant to overall power however the 20% event point boost is very much worth it.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Polsy posted:

The 'i' icon on the gacha info box is tappable, all the percentages etc are in there.

Yeah, basically all stats besides total power are irrelevant currently - there's no skills that boost only a given stat or a given type. Type is indeed also irrelevant to overall power however the 20% event point boost is very much worth it.

Thank y'all for being so patient with me.

And hey! I love the art of this Matching Scrunchies Saya. She is a Good person and My Friend.

what do y'all do with duplicates? Exchange them? Skill practice (though it seems like you need two to level up a 2 star? Not sure if that's worth it)?

edit: ahahaa since I have to full combo every difficulty going upwards,it was time to try Guren on hard. Got wrecked. :suicide:

E-flat fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 7, 2018

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
Yeah I thought I was getting comfy with Hard difficulty and then Guren came up in a multi live and killed me so hard. Glad that you can't actually lose in a multi live, your score just drops until you get HP back.

It's so weird not having to base teams around attributes except for the event where it gives you points boosts.

E-flat posted:

what do y'all do with duplicates? Exchange them? Skill practice (though it seems like you need two to level up a 2 star? Not sure if that's worth it)?

For a 3 or 4 star card you can go to "Training" to upgrade the card art/make the stars shiny and I assume raise max level and stats? I don't have enough blue stones to do it to the dupe card I have. Edit: Ignore that part about needing a dupe card

KariOhki fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Apr 7, 2018

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Just trade dupes for tokens or skill points. They don't do anything else. Training someone just uses shards, which you'll have a lot of eventually with each event.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
I knew there was a reason I liked Aya

I'm sorry I forgot how to art. :negative: This is quite possibly the most embarrassing thing I've done since I last posted on an anime forum about a dumb idol band rhythm game

E-flat fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 7, 2018

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You're in the idol thread, where shame has no meaning.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We accept all* as long as they love idols.

*Not actually all.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

We accept everybody until they pull two URs from a 10 box gacha and then they need to die.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
We accept all, even Zep

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress you Can't!!!!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I drew an idol once

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
share with the class, please

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chill la Chill's sig is a bona fide Matoi original.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
is my sig idols?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
no but that's good too

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Mine is definitely idols

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I drew an idol once
but did you draw an idol cosplaying another idol :colbert:

wait would drawing either card of that Nozomi/Nico UR pair where they're doing each other's thing count

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I drew an idol once

:same:

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Ah, the page 439 sigs event, classic

vvv Theatre Days come June, hopefully

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
ah yes sig time

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

nielsm posted:

Thank you. I think the english translation must be terrible.

Hate-Senpai posted:

Chill la Chill's sig is a bona fide Matoi original.

:stoked:

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I am #1 Kotori fan

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Posting from on board the Hakodate tram. Weather was poo poo the past two days, why did I visit this city anyway? Oh yeah, maybe a song I like... Also the food has been amazing.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sigs...

Much thanks to my friend, the parsley.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Chill la Chill posted:

I am #1 Kotori fan

who

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

nielsm posted:

Posting from on board the Hakodate tram. Weather was poo poo the past two days, why did I visit this city anyway? Oh yeah, maybe a song I like... Also the food has been amazing.

Going to the live in 3 weeks???????????

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Hate-Senpai posted:

Going to the live in 3 weeks???????????

Nope. Don't have the patience to jump through hoops to get tickets, besides my vacation is long over by then.
I'll probably make a trip to Numazu and Uchiura tomorrow or the day after, and then be done with LL pilgrimages for this time.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
At least there's always the live viewing!!!!!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I guess this is where they talk just before the concert, on the Hakodateyama observatory.

srsly gently caress the weather

And one of these would be the slope where Awaken the Power is actually supposed to be performed. Except I don't think any of them really match with what buildings are on the corners of the slope upwards, according to my memory?

Not quite sakura time yet, they'll probably be in full bloom in 3 weeks.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
STOP TELLING ME TO AWAKEN THE- oh wait.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
To amuse myself having to play AWAKEN THE POWAA YEY 500 times, I'd try to have the song match up with the anime, which is how I realized the song in the game took out Leah and Sara's parts with all of Aqours. Replaced their background vocals with Aqours members. Kinda... not cool?

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Alas I have no sig

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Be the change you want to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009