Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC: WALTER vs. PCO, Joey Janela’s Spring Break 2, 4/7

Nth. Easily. A must see match from this weekend no matter what happens the other two nights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
HM: Great Sasuke vs. Joey Janela, Joey Janela’s Spring Break 2, 4/7

They gave much of their lives for it to not at least be a HM

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I was actually of half a mind to nominate it for WMOTY just because the match really made no sense, didn't flow well and they were just loving themselves up in mostly unrelated spots. But the commentary was fun, and the aftermath with the karaoke was too much of an upbeat ending to really push it that far. I had hoped for more from the match though.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
It was basically a great space war

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

achillesforever6 posted:

HM: Great Sasuke vs. Joey Janela, Joey Janela’s Spring Break 2, 4/7

They gave much of their lives for it to not at least be a HM

Agreed. Two dudes tried to gently caress each other up and they did. Every Sasuke dive had me nervous

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I was actually of half a mind to nominate it for WMOTY just because the match really made no sense, didn't flow well and they were just loving themselves up in mostly unrelated spots. But the commentary was fun, and the aftermath with the karaoke was too much of an upbeat ending to really push it that far. I had hoped for more from the match though.

Last night when I went to bed, at 4:45 in the goddamn morning, I was all amped up to come in here in the morning and give it a WMOTY. That match was a poo poo show, but not even a fun, laughable poo poo show, but just kinda sad and overall bad. It was nowhere near as good as a Great Space War. Now, I just don't care.

That being said-
HM: The Spring Break Clusterfuck, Joe Janela's Spring Break, 4/7.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

sportsgenius86 posted:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I don't know if it's worth recommending AJPW stuff now they have their own streaming service and anyone who's paying for it already will be watching it anyway but

HM: Yuji Hino vs. Shuji Ishikawa - Champion Carnival Day One.

Awesome battle between two big boys. I've never seen any Yuji Hino before and I already love everything about him. (His finish is the loving Bomb and he pins his opponent while flipping off the audience). All four of the tournament matches were really, really good and would probably end up with HM nominations here if more people watched AJPW, so if you're worried about going into wrestling withdrawal after this ridiculous weekend is over or if you want to see some big boys go at each other for the next couple of weeks then the Champion Carnival is worth following along.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

Nth. This was amazing

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm gonna need to rewatch later to confirm an HM, but I would suggest checking out Madison Eagles vs Deonna Purrazzo on Shimmer 100

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

TTBF posted:

I'm gonna need to rewatch later to confirm an HM, but I would suggest checking out Madison Eagles vs Deonna Purrazzo on Shimmer 100

I'd second this, nice grappling from both.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I will also give that an HM

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

TTBF posted:

Nthed, also

HM: Nicole Savoy Vs Mercedes Martinez, SHIMMER 100 (04.07.18)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: Deonna Purazzo vs. Madison Eagles - Shimmer 100

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MOTYC: Adam Cole vs. Killian Daim vs. Ricochet vs. Lars Sullivan vs. Velveteen Dream vs. EC3, NXT Takeover: New Orleans, 4/7

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC: Adam Cole vs. Killian Daim vs. Ricochet vs. Lars Sullivan vs. Velveteen Dream vs. EC3, NXT Takeover: New Orleans, 4/7

2nd

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

yes

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

sportsgenius86 posted:

Nthing this

nobody in this match is going to have as long a career as they would have had before this match

they died for our sins and our pleasure

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

Came here to nth this. I need a cigarette.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

yeah that match was insane, somehow exceeded expectations

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

nth

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

sportsgenius86 posted:

yeah

jeepers that was crazy

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

sportsgenius86 posted:

yeah boi

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

no one can follow that, yeah, MOTYC

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

sportsgenius86 posted:

yuuupppppp

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Nth :stare::aaaaa:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sportsgenius86 posted:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HM: Ember Moon vs. Shayna Baszler, NXT Takeover: New Orleans, 4/7

Literally the worst loving spot to be in and they got the crowd back into it and had a drat good match.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

sportsgenius86 posted:

Literally the worst loving spot to be in and they got the crowd back into it and had a drat good match.

The question is now open: Will this entire event have a single match that ISN'T HM quality or better?

I say no.

Nth

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

2nd

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

sportsgenius86 posted:

yeah it was a really dang good match, I dig the HM

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

Nth

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I guess everyone's watching NXT?

HM: Kota Ibushi vs. Hangman Page

A little too short for my tastes but a great sprint and both men showed that they're utter mad men. Nobody jumped off anything ridiculously high so no MOTYC

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Baron Corbyn posted:

Nobody jumped off anything ridiculously high so no MOTYC
Should've watched NXT if you want that! :v:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

frankenfreak posted:

Should've watched NXT if you want that! :v:

Maybe I should have

WMOTYC: Sumie Sakai vs. Kelly Klein

Boring, sloppy match that completely killed the crowd.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HM: Cole & O’Reilly vs. Authors of Pain vs. Strong & Dunne, NXT Takeover: New Orleans, 4/7

On the fringe but I’m pushing it over for the brilliant booking.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Cole & O’Reilly vs. Authors of Pain vs. Strong & Dunne, NXT Takeover: New Orleans, 4/7

Yeah, quality wise it's borderline but the booking of the finish was brilliant.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yeah. I’ll Nth it for the booking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
HM: Rey Horus and Rey Fenix vs Bandido and Flamita, Wrestlecon Supershow 4/6/18
MOTY: Pierre Carl Oulette vs WALTER JJSB II, 4/6/18
HM Joey Janela vs Great Sasuke, JJSB II 4/6/18