Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/982304310741487617?s=20

Come on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GaXa8tSBE

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
bungie's destiny 2 team is, at this point, the janitor.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Elysiume posted:

Is it worth it? Should I log in to stretch my guardians' legs before I go back to other things?

Its not too bad to jump in for a hour to run around, do some strikes, and gauge the overall feel. But I've gotten bored of most of the content since I don't do PVP and the strikes are just glorified marathon races to the boss.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

bungie's destiny 2 team is, at this point, the janitor.

I think the rest of them shitpost on SomethingAwful all day

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

lmao

Waffle House posted:

I think the rest of them shitpost on SomethingAwful all day

lmao

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

They could fix the strikes by making purple's dropped by trash mobs like +3 over your powerlevel, to make killing them worth more than just running past them to get your powerful engram as fast as possible.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

Hand Cannons own.

I just spent an hour running around Titan one shotting trash mobs with my better devils.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

You know, the current patch pace is poor and the delay indicate a lot. Hopefully it's just that all other employees code some DLC together while recovering from their daily hangovers.

On the other side this move is better than usual, bungie would've released iron banner as it is anyway and hotfixed it three days later -- which would've objectively been worse.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I see a lot of clans listed in the OP, which are actually active? Wouldn't mind learning to hate this game with some goons.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Serious Overchill is the only active PC clan, and it’s also full.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
yeah, b.net has a limit on clan size for reasons, and unfortunately a lot of people don't play this game anymore because while it's a lot more fun now there's uh no reason to play it besides collecting pretty armor pieces to fill in your limited inventory space.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

There's just enough for one full clan, but not enough for to get a second clan active enough, I think.
I might try to join Chillbear anyway. On the BFs PS4 copy I was the only one playing in his clan, so it would not really be that big of a difference.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

There’s about 30 active goons total across every single clan.

But being that party sizes are small, as long as you have a core of 2 friends and you all make a pact to play a lot, you’ll be fine.

Can’t wait for this game to come out in May.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Can’t wait for this game to come out in May September 20182019.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Haven't played in months, heard there were some changes. All I want to know is if shotguns are still power weapons because that ruined pvp for me.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

CubeTheory posted:

Haven't played in months, heard there were some changes. All I want to know is if shotguns are still power weapons because that ruined pvp for me.

The weapon system hasn't changed yet. Bungie knows it's poorly received. They've been hinting at a reversion to the Destiny 1 system for a while now. It's reasonably likely to be part of the first major expansion which would come around August/September time.

TWAB posted:

Q: I really wish D2 weapons system returns to primary/special/heavy. It was better than the current one. Is my wish reasonable?

Josh: We know that you want more control over your loadouts. You can expect weapon slot changes in the future of Destiny 2. We are actively working on a new system right now and we will have more to show and tell this summer.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Can’t wait for this game to come out in May.

destiny 3 coming out that early huh

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Minrad posted:

destiny 3 coming out that early huh

I’m trying to stay positive! (But I know that the real game launches in September 2019).

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

at least by then the playstation exclusive maps will be available on pc

haha

hah

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Did we get more inventory space yet?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Minrad posted:

at least by then the playstation exclusive maps will be available on pc

haha

hah

Yeah but then there will just be another one for the next year

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Reverting back to the D1 weapons would probably be the single biggest thing to getting me to reinstall.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://www.twitch.tv/thecammycakes

Watching this now, apparently there's some kind of double shot RPM glitch they're experimenting with. It's on PC but doesn't involve macros. works with every gun

Roman fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Apr 9, 2018

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Argas posted:

Reverting back to the D1 weapons would probably be the single biggest thing to getting me to reinstall.

A single finger on the monkey paw curls.

You get your wish, but now your old gear is again light-level-useless for the third time in two games.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Waffle House posted:

A single finger on the monkey paw curls.

You get your wish, but now your old gear is again light-level-useless for the third time in two games.

Yeah, but that's going to happen regardless when the expansion hits, they may as well make a good change at the same time.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Gadzuko posted:

Yeah, but that's going to happen regardless when the expansion hits, they may as well make a good change at the same time.

Oh, so it is foretold then. What a bad idea, said Waffle House.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol Jan 26th was the last time I had contact with Bungie in the interview process

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Siljmonster posted:

lol Jan 26th was the last time I had contact with Bungie in the interview process

What did you apply for

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Siljmonster posted:

maybe you got hired and they're waiting on you to finish the game. that's the whole reason there's been no updates. drat it, silj

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Bungie pays fuckin dick for PNW

DONT get hired by them

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The REAL Goobusters posted:

What did you apply for

They needed a game designer with experience in F2P mechanics and live game operation.

Minrad posted:

maybe you got hired and they're waiting on you to finish the game. that's the whole reason there's been no updates. drat it, silj

they didnt pay me so i gave them nothing

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Siljmonster posted:

They needed a game designer with experience in F2P mechanics and live game operation.

they didnt pay me so i gave them nothing

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
We know a guy who polishes truck knobs in Chattanooga, and it would have been a pay CUT for him to take an HR job at bungie pnw

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

is that from destiny 1

it looks cool

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Minrad posted:

is that from destiny 1

it looks cool

You mean radical

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

We know a guy who polishes truck knobs in Chattanooga, and it would have been a pay CUT for him to take an HR job at bungie pnw

wait you can get PAID to polish trucker knobs???

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Moola posted:

wait you can get PAID to polish trucker knobs???

You'd probably have better hours and take on smaller loads doing that compared to being a programmer for a game developer

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Minrad posted:

is that from destiny 1

it looks cool

If you have never played Destiny 1 before, you should try it now. A PS4 or Xbox One (there are no pro/x versions of D1) can be had for very cheap now.
It will actually feel like you're playing Destiny 3. I am only partially joking here. It is a vastly superior game to D2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Lmao that's good

• Locked thread