Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Cythereal posted:

Come to think of it, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Black Widow bites it during Infinity War. She's always struggled to bring anything to the table beyond "is a woman" and "is sexy," so with the growing number of female superheroes in the MCU I wouldn't be surprised if this is where Black Widow checks out.
Didn’t they announce a solo film?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Didn’t they announce a solo film?

They hired a director for one. I figured it would be a prequel like Captain Marvel.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Cythereal posted:

They hired a director for one. I figured it would be a prequel like Captain Marvel.

Just a writer, not a director.

I'm still skeptical that it'll actually happen, mainly because I've always envisioned the character, at least outside an Avengers context, being much better suited to smaller-scale spy stories than to pyrotechnic-laden spectacle (I'm pretty sure her last few ongoing series all went in that direction). You could say "well, not every Marvel Studios film needs a $170m budget," but the fact that they pawned off Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Punisher to their TV division suggests that they aren't interested in making films for eight figures.

That said, it's not 2013 anymore, and the new Disney streaming service could open up an avenue for Marvel Studios to make more modestly budgeted films, but there haven't been any rumors of that as yet.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If they kill anyone, I really hope they don't just wave it away and have the gauntlet fix everything, that's boring as poo poo

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Kill off Spider-Man just to gently caress with Sony.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Avengers 3 will end with Thanos snapping his fingers and killing half of the universe but the Russos have been bonding with Waititi so Avengers 4 will be a mockumentary of the team and how everything got fixed

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Korg reassembles from rubble and nabs the gauntlet.

Edit: the characters who's actors don't reprise their roles don't return because Korg forgot about them.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I doubt that they're gonna jettison one of the biggest stars not just in the MCU, but Hollywood in general, because the writing has struggled with her. If she's leaving it'll be because ScarJo wants to.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Or she hits 40.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Cate Blanchett is 48 and Paltrow is 45 so that doesn't really seem like an issue for the MCU.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Hasnt ScarJo said she likes the character and movies and wants a stand alone movie?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Loki is absolutely biting it and Evans said he's done after his reshoots on Avengers 4. RDJ will likely move into a voiceover role (Jarvis replacement, basically) since they seem to be signposting hard that Pepper Potts will become Rescue.

And then one minor character like Wong or Ross or Rhodes will get whacked. It's still a movie with a toyline aimed at kids, they aren't going to have characters dying every twenty minutes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
RDJ was totally done like twice now. And Evans loudly said he was bailing out previously. Money changes everything.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I keep seeing people say there have been hints about Pepper becoming Rescue but I guess I’ve missed the actual hints. What’s the deal?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Rhyno posted:

RDJ was totally done like twice now. And Evans loudly said he was bailing out previously. Money changes everything.

Also Evans' attempt at shifting into directing crashed and burned.

RDJ's been very up front about only continuing because they pay him a shitload of money.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Timby posted:

Loki is absolutely biting it and Evans said he's done after his reshoots on Avengers 4. RDJ will likely move into a voiceover role (Jarvis replacement, basically) since they seem to be signposting hard that Pepper Potts will become Rescue.

And then one minor character like Wong or Ross or Rhodes will get whacked. It's still a movie with a toyline aimed at kids, they aren't going to have characters dying every twenty minutes.

Her actor is like anti-charisma black hole

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I keep seeing people say there have been hints about Pepper becoming Rescue but I guess I’ve missed the actual hints. What’s the deal?

Well she wore the suit in IM3. Also the whole Extremis and killing Killian show she might have some fight in her?

Didn’t the Rescue suit end up trying to kill her in the comics?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rubiks Pubes posted:

There are none. She was by all reports done with the role after IM3 (she wasn't in CA:CW) and only came back to do Homecoming because her career kind of hit the skids.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Rhyno posted:

There are none. She was by all reports done with the role after IM3 (she wasn't in CA:CW) and only came back to do Homecoming because her career kind of hit the skids.
She’s got a great business now selling snake oil to upper middle class housewives

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I only want to see Rescue as mentor to Riri.

In fact her and Rhodey as dual opposite sides odd couple mentors trying to fill Tony's absence (he dead) would be kinda cool.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

She’s got a great business now selling snake oil to upper middle class housewives

Didn't GOOP literally sell some expensive jade egg thing for rich people to carry around in their vaginas and rectums to balance cosmic root vibrations or some poo poo

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

SlimGoodbody posted:

Didn't GOOP literally sell some expensive jade egg thing for rich people to carry around in their vaginas and rectums to balance cosmic root vibrations or some poo poo

Yep.

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/7/13/15967326/goop-gwyneth-paltrow-jade-vagina-egg-defense

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SlimGoodbody posted:

There's been a few articles that examine her wacko businesses and how it lead to less work for her in Hollywood. Like she went from A list to who cares incredibly fast.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Samuringa fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Apr 6, 2018

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

That's beautiful but it would be just a little more poignant if it was Black Widow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

That's beautiful but it would be just a little more poignant if it was Black Widow.

He spent half of CA2 trying to kill Natasha, this works.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I would rather they rehab Widow than kill her off just because they have nothing for her. Like Ragnarok did for Thor.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
1 min TV Spot, new footage.

https://twitter.com/Avengers/status/982649213971521537

Black Panther !

lomzus fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 7, 2018

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The Olympics, maybe even a Starbucks.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

SonicRulez posted:

I would rather they rehab Widow than kill her off just because they have nothing for her. Like Ragnarok did for Thor.

does Disney own the rights to Miss Congeniality

edit:

https://twitter.com/ComicBook/status/982644911878131712

Samuringa fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 7, 2018

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

If that trailers to be considered, Marvel knows Black Panther is the future.

‘Black Panther’ to Break Saudi Arabia’s 35-Year Cinema Ban

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

see now I want a scene in Black Panther 2 of T'Challa and Okoye in a Starbucks trying to figure out the menu

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
You get the feeling they were trolling poor Mads and that they knew they wanted a young Richards for that hot mess.

Alternatively, maybe they were actually that loving stupid.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

The fact that they had Mads Mikkelson auditioning for Reed when I can't think of a more perfect actor for Doom shows how misguided the casting of that move was.

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

If it comes across as cool as it does in the trailer, I'm pretty sure T'Challa leading the call and response is going to be my new favorite scene in the MCU.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Dacap posted:

The fact that they had Mads Mikkelson auditioning for Reed when I can't think of a more perfect actor for Doom shows how misguided the casting of that move was.

Since Mads got used in Doctor Strange, my backup actor is Javier Bardem. Or they could just use Mads again, it's not like people will go "Hey! That's Kaecilius!"

Also I know I've campaigned for Freddie Prinze Jr and Sarah Michelle Gellar to play Reed and Sue, but that's not gonna happen so I'll change my casting to Oscar Isaac and Evan Rachel Wood.

Cole Sprouse can be Johnny. I can't think of anyone sufficiently New York enough to play Thing though, so help me out.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Well since he's probably going to be CGI I'd say John Goodman as his voice.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

David D. Davidson posted:

Well since he's probably going to be CGI I'd say John Goodman as his voice.

John Goodman isn't New York enough. I'm talking Andrew Dice Clay in his prime kinda New York.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Bring back Michael Chiklis.

• Locked thread