Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

RoastBeef posted:

I googled my first grade teacher + town/state; she didn't make the first page - but apparently my sixth grade English teacher is making ~120k/year, which like god-drat she was a lovely teacher.

Jesus, you can make that much in the public system in the US? In NZ I cap out at $72k, which is like ~50k USD.

e: new page but really the joke here is still the over-expectation and lack of funding in education

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Besesoth posted:

I beg you, I beg you, to tell me that this is taking the piss.

toilet paper usa are real good at foot-mouthing

wearing diapers to own the libs~

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

bike tory posted:

Jesus, you can make that much in the public system in the US? In NZ I cap out at $72k, which is like ~50k USD.

e: new page but really the joke here is still the over-expectation and lack of funding in education

Yeah I am pretty sure $120k is very far from the norm for the vast majority of US teachers.
Going by my few teacher friends here in the Pacific Northwest, even $72k is out of reach by a lot.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Teachers usually get annual raises, so while they start out poverty stricken if they stay in long enough they can make some good money.

Too bad they have to spend literal decades to get where other professions can get in a few years.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RFC2324 posted:

Teachers usually get annual raises, so while they start out poverty stricken if they stay in long enough they can make some good money.

Too bad they have to spend literal decades to get where other professions can get in a few years.

A fun trick some districts will do is fire all the teachers at then end of the school year and let them reapply for their jobs for the next year

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Is this Jiro's sushi place?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

TotalLossBrain posted:

Yeah I am pretty sure $120k is very far from the norm for the vast majority of US teachers.
Going by my few teacher friends here in the Pacific Northwest, even $72k is out of reach by a lot.

$120k for base salary would be really, really high, but it's not too far off what a long-time teacher with higher-level degree bonuses and extra-curricular advising stipends could make in Washington. Depending where he read that $120k figure, that could include benefits, as well.

I'm at a small suburban district in Washington, although we're in a relatively affluent area. As of 2015-2016, our Superintendent made $139k and about $13k in benefits/insurance and stipends. Highest-paid teacher got $66k, with about $18k in stipends and benefits/insurance (he's a coach). Teachers start somewhere around $38k plus the stipends and benefits.

Bellevue, a much larger district in a pretty wealthy area, superintendent makes a quarter million with another $13k in bonuses and benefits. Highest-paid teacher is at $67k, but has another $21k in stipend and bonus (possibly coaching, possibly advanced or special degree bonuses), plus another $11k for benefits.

Seattle's a similar story...even bigger district, but less wealthy. Superintendent gets about $300k total, top teacher...$68k plus $32k in bonuses and benefits.

Out here in the suburbs, $72k gross is pretty good, trying to live in Seattle or Bellevue on even $80k would be a lot tougher. And our state's been relatively good for education, despite trying to avoid budgeting for it for years.

Fun fact: If your friends or family work for a public school district, you can probably find their exact salary on a site like this! http://data.spokesman.com/salaries/schools/districts/

Pyroclastic has a new favorite as of 05:46 on Apr 7, 2018

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Jerry Cotton posted:

One word: Benny's Angels.

Hill's Angels :cmon:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
It's nice that things are better than I thought they are.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Well, he's right. :colbert:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

I agree with all of these

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Data Graham posted:

Hill's Angels :cmon:

I WAS FOUR

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

Krankenstyle posted:

toilet paper usa are real good at foot-mouthing

wearing diapers to own the libs~

Imagine being a young guy trying to get involved in politics and thinking this was a good idea. Imagine doing something insanely embarrasing and dumb when you are 19 and having that be your public image forever.

Like I picture this guy applying for a job at Olive Garden and sitting down for an interview with some greasy manager and having him flip around his computer monitor to show him that photo as the first Google image result when searching his name and smugly grinning at him saying "this you diaper boy?"

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Besesoth posted:

Well, he's right. :colbert:

That is entirely dependent on whether he chose the right day to stop.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
https://twitter.com/too_lewd/status/981971317477052417?s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Samuringa posted:

I agree with all of these

I'd buy that I have gas one

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

This was in the replies to that.

https://twitter.com/MercuryCrypto/status/982477773196480512?s=20

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Is there one where he's on frog-meds?

PaulBearer
Jul 23, 2013

Krankenstyle posted:

deeply erotic, especially the sped-up patting on the old toothless dude's bald head

Hey, don't knock the comical genius of Jackie Wright (and no, I didn't have to look up his name)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Precise Dwarf Bravery sounds like a Warhammer or D&D thing.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

That's the bourgie version. You can stick eggs up your hooha way cheaper at aliexpress. 3 for $6, shove 'em wherever you want. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3Pc...2811872810.html

Such extravagance. Back in the day you had to make do with a Sears catalog.

Lady in the upper left there is not impressed by your wiener.

Kids these days with the internet don’t know good they have it,if they want to see pretty ladies all they have to do is go to Sears.com

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Facebook Aunt posted:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Oviksi!

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Precise Dwarf Bravery sounds like a Warhammer or D&D thing.

Ahem it's Precise Đwarf Bravery, which is funny to me because in my language Đ is pronounced as J.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Garrand posted:

Who needs eggs when you have St. Joseph buried in your back yard

Seriously. If you're having trouble selling your house what you're supposed to do is buy that thing and say a prayer as you bury it in your back yard.

We sell them at my store. People actually buy them. They're 12 bucks a pop.

God dammit, here I am doing a stupid proper job when I could be selling rip-off junk to idiots. :suicide:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stoatbringer posted:

God dammit, here I am doing a stupid proper job when I could be selling rip-off junk to idiots. :suicide:

My Protestant upbringing has apparently cost me many money making opportunities. :negative:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Olive! posted:

That's getting 'buried' in the 'back yard' for sure

The Saint on the Taint: A Home-Selling Tradition

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Facebook Aunt posted:

It's not really fair to call her out like that, none of them are impressed by my wiener.

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

burexas.irom posted:

Ahem it's Precise Đwarf Bravery, which is funny to me because in my language Đ is pronounced as J.

BRB, just creating the Đrawing Interchange Format.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

thepopmonster posted:

BRB, just creating the Đrawing Interchange Format.

:golfclap:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It’s probounced “thif,” like the yoghurt. :colbert:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

My testicles are larger, free, and easily gropeable.

Free you say? Ok, I'll take one.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

There's no such thing as a free testicle. There's always opportunity cost to consider.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
why buy the balls when you can get the jizz for free?

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

why buy the balls when you can get the jizz for free?

Usually you have to do a job before you can get the jizz.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Besesoth posted:

The Saint on the Taint: A Home-Selling Tradition

:nws:Buy it here.:nws:

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

You’re working some rough chuckles, Goodbody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

areyoucontagious posted:

You’re working some rough chuckles, Goodbody.

i think it's funny that the Israeli army is trying to shoot smoke.