Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah the guy who is constantly yelling and rubbing his nose for several hours straight has never been on an upper

Ninja was not featured in any of those clips I linked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Seriously though, Ninja was taking about how he was literally having an out of body experience; "It's like I'm watching myself play." I've done a few gaming marathons and lans in my time and the level of energy these guys are running at is miles beyond Red Bull.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Just lol if you think these young people are making six figures a month playing video games and not doing an assload of drugs with their newly acquired fortunes.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Beastie posted:

Just lol if you think these young people are making six figures a month playing video games and not doing an assload of drugs with their newly acquired fortunes.

I'm pretty sure imaqtpie is not doing drugs.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Beastie posted:

How they choose to spend their free time and money is none of my business and doesn't affect me :shrug:

Uhh Nope
May 20, 2016
It looks like the invite to the Serious Overchill Discord in the OP is dead?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

A friend mentioned that the seasonal tokens were being rolled over to next season. Is that correct? The Shamrock Reclaimer seems kinda neat, but I'd bank my coin if there's a summer event on the horizon.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Father Wendigo posted:

A friend mentioned that the seasonal tokens were being rolled over to next season. Is that correct? The Shamrock Reclaimer seems kinda neat, but I'd bank my coin if there's a summer event on the horizon.

Shamrock reclaimer looks like a Southie pimp with no self awareness and it rules.

He's kinda mediocre though. He really needs an extra charge after 45-50 kills I think.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Father Wendigo posted:

They announce when they remove gold, so I'd keep an eye on their social media stiemshield.one for that. Generally though, I believe they reset gold with every big event. But they change their mind almost daily so it's best to just keep up to date with their latest ramblings.

https://youtu.be/1WDigrm5q0I near the end he says to make sure to get the last goodies feom the store before the 11th.

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Apr 7, 2018

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

why am I hearing a creepy little goblin laugh, somewhat randomly?

Also, vending machines :discourse:

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Johnny Truant posted:

why am I hearing a creepy little goblin laugh, somewhat randomly?

Also, vending machines :discourse:

There is a gnome nearby for one of this week's battle pass challenges

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Shamrock reclaimer looks like a Southie pimp with no self awareness and it rules.

He's kinda mediocre though. He really needs an extra charge after 45-50 kills I think.

Noted.

You peoples mind sharing your opinions on what's in the Spring It On shop?

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
They must put you with better players if you start winning matches, because poo poo just got real

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Withnail posted:

They must put you with better players if you start winning matches, because poo poo just got real

There’s no matchmaking. Just luck of the draw.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Ok, I'm getting worse I guess

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

MF_James posted:

I don't understand why people want no build modes, this game's gimmick is building, it's a core part of the game.

Probably because they enjoy the gunplay, destructable environments and traps or the BR genre and there aren't many other games in the genre that are as fun and high population right now.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

PS4 players, does anyone have the issue of not being able to switch weapons until you switch to build mode and back again? Its pretty annoying and has gotten me killed a few times.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

quote:

We’re back with another Roadmap update, we’ve since dropped a slew of quality of life changes and 'The Three Husketeers' Questline in the v3.4 update. Note: The Spring it On! Questline will be ending on Wednesday, April 11 at 8PM ET. Here’s a peek into the near future:

Patch 3.5 (Week of 4/9)

Into the Storm event begins
Part 1 of the Questline!
Arid Biome
New Survive the Storm Map
New Heroes
New abilities not just reskins, Constructors may have a reason to let the Husks in...
New Weapons
Shiny ones too!
More QoL improvements.
Outlander Rework - We’ve heard you on fragments and have given the Outlander an overhaul!

Patch 3.5 content update (Week of 4/16)

New weapon in Event Store!
Into the Storm Part 2 - You must complete Part 1 of this questline for Part 2 to unlock.

Patch 3.6 (Week of 4/23)

New Utility Item
More in the next roadmap update...
Neat.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

This is uhhh some sort of Vending Machine map. I think.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I didn't think I'd ever get the challenge for the chest, ammo box and supply crate but I got extremely lucky last night. Dropped on Pleasant Park, found one guy dancing by himself in a house and shotgunned him, opened a ton of chests and an ammo box then I heard the supply drop. Looked all around and found it landing maybe 30m behind me. I almost never see them land so neatly next to me. It was basically at the edge of the zone too.
The only other time I saw one last night I was just running up to it and hadn't even had a chance to put up some walls before a guy jumped out with a shotgun and killed me.

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

DreamShipWrecked posted:

PS4 players, does anyone have the issue of not being able to switch weapons until you switch to build mode and back again? Its pretty annoying and has gotten me killed a few times.

Yep. It is indeed annoying and has also gotten me killed a number of times. It only seems to happen if I'm panicking and switching through items rapidly, so I think it's avoidable, but it's a bummer.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yes :argh:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Waffle House posted:

This is uhhh some sort of Vending Machine map. I think.

I didn't realize these were static. Nice

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

el B posted:

I didn't realize these were static. Nice

I heard from my favorite nose rubbing streamer Ninja that they don't always appear.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Oh Ok.. Just fixed spawn locations. Makes sense

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Nullsmack posted:

I didn't think I'd ever get the challenge for the chest, ammo box and supply crate but I got extremely lucky last night. Dropped on Pleasant Park, found one guy dancing by himself in a house and shotgunned him, opened a ton of chests and an ammo box then I heard the supply drop. Looked all around and found it landing maybe 30m behind me. I almost never see them land so neatly next to me. It was basically at the edge of the zone too.
The only other time I saw one last night I was just running up to it and hadn't even had a chance to put up some walls before a guy jumped out with a shotgun and killed me.

Did I misread it and think you had to do it multiple times? Cause I had it completed like, incredibly quickly this morning. Do the llamas count for multiple drops? Cause that was the only supply drop I found, and afterwards I had completed the challenge.

Also, wtf, llamas?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

el B posted:

Oh Ok.. Just fixed spawn locations. Makes sense

Yeah, they’re like chests

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
Yea I’ve gotten stuck in build mode a few times on ps4. Luckily only died from it once so far.

Is there a way to change the order of build stuff? I’d rather have wall next to ramp :/

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Gaggins posted:

Yep. It is indeed annoying and has also gotten me killed a number of times. It only seems to happen if I'm panicking and switching through items rapidly, so I think it's avoidable, but it's a bummer.

Lame. It only usually happens once a match, but as you said it's usually during clutch moments which sucks.

Also I dont think the discord is really used? My PSN is rayst191 if anyone wants to play

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

tyrelhill posted:

Yea I’ve gotten stuck in build mode a few times on ps4. Luckily only died from it once so far.

Is there a way to change the order of build stuff? I’d rather have wall next to ramp :/

Next patch supposed to allow changing order on console. Hope they also fix the PC bug where switching weapons can cause them to get stuck on the map and not fire.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

So I've started doing this recently and decided to try out Squads as I have challanges there, every single auto fill squad nobody even tries to work together, I've had people get mad at me for trying to stick near them. I don't understand why people even join squad if they don't want to work together does the mode offer something extra that would drive someone who obviously wants to play solo?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

socialsecurity posted:

So I've started doing this recently and decided to try out Squads as I have challanges there, every single auto fill squad nobody even tries to work together, I've had people get mad at me for trying to stick near them. I don't understand why people even join squad if they don't want to work together does the mode offer something extra that would drive someone who obviously wants to play solo?

You can get carried/still get counted as winning when a different rando wins?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I don't ever want to have children, and if I do, they don't get to learn what a microphone is until they're 18.

Keithium
Jan 7, 2013
As a newbie i wish this game had some sort of matchmaking it gets old getting owned by john wicks every game.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

tweet my meat posted:

I don't ever want to have children, and if I do, they don't get to learn what a microphone is until they're 18.

On ps4 make a party before you start up fortnite.
Then you don't have to listen to random children argue with their moms.
Or the crying of neglected infants as manchildren play.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Keithium posted:

As a newbie i wish this game had some sort of matchmaking it gets old getting owned by john wicks every game.

BuT iT wIlL sPlIt ThE pLaYeRbAsE.

That's how most of the people against it sound like. Yes, we definitely need a matchmaking system and afaik, they're working on it.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

You can get carried/still get counted as winning when a different rando wins?

if you're in the same squad yes.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Seditiar posted:

BuT iT wIlL sPlIt ThE pLaYeRbAsE.

That's how most of the people against it sound like. Yes, we definitely need a matchmaking system and afaik, they're working on it.

getting to play against people who actually know how to play this game is cool and something that basically no other game with this level of popularity does

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

It's surprising how many people in this thread have seemingly forgotten that League of Legends exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Venuz Patrol posted:

getting to play against people who actually know how to play this game is cool and something that basically no other game with this level of popularity does

The game matchmakes itself - you kill everyone worse than you and then die to someone better than you.