Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

The Locator posted:

Because of my commute I replace, on average, a windshield every 18 months or so. Full glass coverage is mandatory!

In my province, windshield damage is so common that glass coverage either doesn't include windshields or costs more (in premiums, never mind the deductible) than replacing 1.5 windshields a year. It's probably only worth it if you have a hard-to-get windshield like a Subaru SVX.

I'm pretty tolerant of windshield cracks, but everything I own needs a replacement this summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Windshield chat reminds me of that time when there was a deluge of telemarketing calls here for auto glass replacement. The pitch invariably started with "Do you have a cracked or chipped windshield?".

~~~~~~~~~

"Yeah, but the car is stolen so I don't care"

~~~~~~~~~

"Yes, actually. Maybe you can help. It's a 1963 Jaguar 3.8l sedan...... No, not XKE. S-type. Sedan..... Okay, great. Call me back when you find out.

a week later my daughter answers the phone: "Hello? Jaguar??? boy do you have a wrong number"

a couple days later I answer and, "I can get a windshield for your Jaguar shipped from England for $XXXXXX"
"Oh, thanks but nevermind. I found a good one in the wrecking yard for 50 bucks. Bye"

~~~~~~~~~

and the best: Son answers the phone "Hello?....No, but I have a crack in my rear end. Can you fix that?"

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Someone left the loving Death Star laying on the US 60 so it inevitably sky rocketed nowhere else other than my loving windshield. 99.9% sure I have glass coverage on a new car lets call my provider to double check. NOPE. Yeah, my bad for not making sure months ago but its one of those things thats an easy upsell for customers upgrading cars within the same policy. Silver lining is that its not insane to replace, 300 bucks out the door but I'm still crazy irritated by the whole thing as that was money that didn't need to be spent.

:argh:

That happened to somebody I knew and they changed their policy for one with glass coverage and lived with the chip for 6 weeks to avoid suspicion.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

iwentdoodie posted:

I mran, he did have aids so he really shouldn't have gotten old.

(Sorry rhyno)

diiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Yeah don't be afraid to lift weights. Just don't try to be a powerlifter maybe, and make sure your form is good.

I do a lot of bike riding so I'm pretty thin and in pretty good shape, but this winter I finally got around to lifting some weights. I definitely feel and look a little better than usual, and am getting fairly close to my goal race weight. I'll be 35 in a few months- the only thing you'll regret is not starting earlier.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

spog posted:

That happened to somebody I knew and they changed their policy for one with glass coverage and lived with the chip for 6 weeks to avoid suspicion.

I'm tempted. I'm with Progressive and any time I've made vehicle changes or policy changes over the past 15 years they've never not once ever asked to see any of the cars. Not. Once.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm tempted. I'm with Progressive and any time I've made vehicle changes or policy changes over the past 15 years they've never not once ever asked to see any of the cars. Not. Once.

One time I had hail damage and the Progressive guy claimed hail could not have cracked the windshield it was impossible and wouldn't pay for it. I called and bitched they paid for it. But he did come see the car.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
tbf I think any time a company has anything resembling customer facing you run the risk of the self important blow hard employee. :(

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Seat Safety Switch posted:

In my province, windshield damage is so common that glass coverage either doesn't include windshields or costs more (in premiums, never mind the deductible) than replacing 1.5 windshields a year. It's probably only worth it if you have a hard-to-get windshield like a Subaru SVX.

I'm pretty tolerant of windshield cracks, but everything I own needs a replacement this summer.

Here it's both an inexpensive addon, and protected by state law so glass claims can't be used to raise rates. Yeah it's a must have here.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

dee eight posted:

I just took a semi drunken stroll to the corner store and back and passed a thing on the way.

A 1966 Chrysler 300. In decent condition, no dings or dents, minimal rust. For sale.

I thought to myself, "This would be the perfect car for me to buy to troll the gently caress out of my wife. I want this car."

then I thought to myself, "You really don't want this car. What the hell are you thinking?" and I was right on both counts.

I have awesome memories of that car, my grandma bought one new and had it for 30 years. I had a chance to take it for $1500 back in the 90's but my ex wife said no, and the truth is I had nowhere to put it. But it still makes me sad that I let a one owner family classic go to a stranger. You're not in the Portland area are you?

TV chat: I agree curved screens are stupid for a living room, but I got a pair of 27" curved monitors at work and I loving love them. When you're the only viewer and sitting in one spot, the way they wrap around is really cool.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

did you miss my point lifting heavy things is not only done by older people but it also is good for you?

Since we're throwing out anecdotes, old people at my gym don't lift heavy weights, usually they just cardio and very light stuff. Often very odd looking "exercises" with free weights that make me scratch my head. :thunk:

Even with good form, lifting heavy isn't for me. Christ, my hips are already metal and I've already had one back surgery. :v: Granted, none of that was from weight lifting but as I get older, I'm trying to take it easier on my body since it's already past its prime (still only 32 currently, haha) and not going to get any better as I age. You can still do resistance training without it, and that's good enough to make me huff and puff.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

dee eight posted:

Windshield chat reminds me of that time when there was a deluge of telemarketing calls here for auto glass replacement. The pitch invariably started with "Do you have a cracked or chipped windshield?".

~~~~~~~~~

and the best: Son answers the phone "Hello?....No, but I have a crack in my rear end. Can you fix that?"

This is the best answer

Edit - re: back chat

I've been planking (I know, I know) for several months and it has really helped my lower back pain.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Favorite kind of meat: what dont needs chewing to eat

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

Favorite kind of meat: what dont needs chewing to eat

You must love British cuisine

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Unironically yes

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

dee eight posted:

I hope you gave him a high five for this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Chicago is cold as gently caress today.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Rhyno posted:

Chicago is cold as gently caress today.

It's in the mid 90's and I'm headed to the park to play pokemon like an adult.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

loving CHRIST I hate this senior design team. Can't wait to be loving done with this horseshit, at least when I'm on to the next thing there's a chance of getting along with the new people, instead of dealing with the same abrasive, arrogant dickhead forever.

E: At least our loving poo poo works now, but this dude just came back from vacation and is all like "Oh yeah, guess you guys were doing it wrong the other day, good thing I'm here to save you. Oh the instructions from the manufacturer said to do it [X] way? Well I talked to the company owner on the phone and he said to do it [Y] way, so you guys still hosed up and I'm awesome :smug::smug::smug:"

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 7, 2018

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It's odd, I had to replace my Mustang's windshield within a month of buying it, and then not so much as a chip for the remainder of the 8 years I owned it. I got really lucky with that one.

The trophy still has to go to my Dad, who managed to collect a giant loving rock chip during a 5-minute test drive of a BMW X5. I laughed so hard.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Age doesnt come into it and as I said it even slows down aging / bone denity loss / muscle loss.

I used to do 200lb+ squats and stopped doing it because I tweaked a knee really bad, even when I use less weight i was having issues. also deadlifts were starting to gently caress with my back so I noped out of those too. It had everything to do with age because when i was younger I never had that problem. Father time is a bitch aint it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Hah I was just cased for burglary. Fuckers.

<frantic knocking>

"Do you know a...uh... "John"? Does he live here?"

No

"Are you sure?" <leans forward to try to take a look inside my place>

THERE IS NO JOHN HERE! <they back away a bit>

<close door>

I do have cameras and an online backup account. Four cameras completely cover the apartment and porch.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Man these boots are gonna own in like 6 months

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

What size do you wear?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

diiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

Go yell at clouds, old man.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

Get some dubbin and use it!. On my new Doc's I used the D.M. "wonder balsam" fancy dubbin and then left them by a warm radiator for a couple of days for it to soak in. Repeat after wearing them for a day. It makes loads of difference and got them comfy after 2 days and broken in after a week. I found that going to a few busy metal gigs also helped :)

spog posted:

I was seriously considering this when my screen got cracked, but then I rang around more and managed to get the price of the replacement screen down a lot further. In my case a replacement screen cost £190 all in. The cheapest insurance that included glass coverage was about £200 more than the one I currently have without it - but there was still a £75 or £100 excess to pay for screen replacement.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

iwentdoodie posted:

What size do you wear?

11, but I posted about buying these for $9 in my thread

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Can we take a moment and discuss how good cheese is

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I've nibbling on some gorgonzola chunks here, can confirm, is good.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I fear I may have eaten too much cheese

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cabot Habanero cheese is the poo poo, I put it on PB&J sammiches for some added heat.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Welp, i just cut myself while cutting cheese

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I really need to find the good cheesemonger here in Vegas.

That and a good meat market/butcher shop.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Have officially eaten too much cheese

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

Have officially eaten too much cheese

This is not actually possible. Might I suggest.....git gud?

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Maker Of Shoes posted:

This is not actually possible. Might I suggest.....git gudgouda?

Just sayin...

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
:golfclap:

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Caught the bug going around our office. I haven't been this wrecked by a head cold in years. Can barely look at the screen because of the headache/light sensitivity. Drinking whisky because I'm not sure I could feel much worse right now. lol This will probably backfire on me.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
drat it I poured good stuff and I can't event taste it. What a waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

It was a half pound of Reypenaer

• Locked thread