Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Raynor was: Vulture (T1), Vulture (T2), Marine (T4), Vulture (T5), Vulture (T6), Vulture (T10), Vulture (Z4), Vulture (P4), Battlecruiser (P8), Battlecruiser (P10), Vulture (BWP1), Vulture (BWP2), Battlecruiser (BWT5) Marine (BWZ2), Marine (N64), Marine (WoL1), Marine (WoL), Marine (WoL), Marine (HotS2).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
So what I'm hearing is.. make Raynor a battlecruiser :agreed:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

You forgot battlecruiser for the Heart of the Swarm finale. :colbert:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

bio347 posted:

That's still really, really powerful. Have you ever tried to clear a wave of unfocused minions, particularly later in the game? They hit pretty drat hard if given a singular target.

My thought is that it would have a very short duration, a tiny radius, and a decent cooldown. So if Raynor wanted to sick the whole wave on you he'd have to stand far closer to danger than he normally wants and it would only last for maybe 2~ minion attacks. Plus you can just...walk away from the wave? Also has the obvious in-built weakness that he can't command minions that are already dead or don't exist nearby.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 6, 2018

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

McTimmy posted:

Raynor was: Vulture (T1), Vulture (T2), Marine (T4), Vulture (T5), Vulture (T6), Vulture (T10), Vulture (Z4), Vulture (P4), Battlecruiser (P8), Battlecruiser (P10), Vulture (BWP1), Vulture (BWP2), Battlecruiser (BWT5) Marine (BWZ2), Marine (N64), Marine (WoL1), Marine (WoL), Marine (WoL), Marine (HotS2).

See?! Vulture Ult Blizz, its level 20 can just have it poo poo out spider mines periodically.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

You forgot battlecruiser for the Heart of the Swarm finale. :colbert:

I remembered that but Matt always has Hyperion command in SC2 so didn't count it.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Here's a song to celebrate Cain being added to the Nexus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HfmB4r2Fco

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If Cain's click jokes don't reference that I am gonna be so mad.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Isn't the matchmaker supposed to not put heroes like Abathur and Nova on the same team? Or did that get thrown out with the stealth changes?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Abathurs have to be put on some team... sucks that it was yours this time

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I have found that the greatest feeling in this game is making sick plays as Medivh. Saving people's asses with "protected btw", dropping sick full team Ley Line Seals, finishing Master's Touch at 3 minutes. :smug:

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

lucifirius posted:

I have found that the greatest feeling in this game is making sick plays as Medivh. Saving people's asses with "protected btw", dropping sick full team Ley Line Seals, finishing Master's Touch at 3 minutes. :smug:

I love stealing camps/bosses with leyline. Even though people have seen it a dozen times by now they will still always group up into a conveniently easy to hit ley line group. And then you peace out with portal right as leyline wears off as the boss goes to smash down a keep.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

lucifirius posted:

The Master's Touch quest being baseline is actually a little absurd with how quickly some Medivh players can crank that thing out.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Yeah it helps when the enemy team groups up :)

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

lucifirius posted:

Yeah it helps when the enemy team groups up :)

And since everyone always goes mid to fight at the start of every game...

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
:gizz:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kalko posted:

Isn't the matchmaker supposed to not put heroes like Abathur and Nova on the same team? Or did that get thrown out with the stealth changes?

:confused:

why wouldn't they be put together?

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Kerrzhe posted:

:confused:

why wouldn't they be put together?

Nova and abathur on the same team is a series laning presence vacuum, as both are about as unoptimal as you can get for holding a lane by themselves.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
otoh, Abathur (specced Ultimate) pocketing my Fenix saved a QM match on Battlefield of Eternity that was going south fast on account of an enemy Cho'Gall pocketed by an Uther.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I made this post almost 24 hours ago.

Mierenneuker posted:

New Brawl is the heroic version of Deadman's Stand. One win for the lootbox, which is a rare chest. Didn't seem as hard as the previous heroic PvE brawl, then again I was matched up with people who knew what they were doing (one of them kept pointing things out like "leave one nuke behind now, so we can take the merc camp faster when it respawns").

Well, turns out...

a Blizzard employee posted:

UPDATE: This issue has been resolved, and the Deadman's Stand Brawl should now be correctly set to Heroic difficulty.

Hi everyone,

We’ve received reports that the Deadman’s Stand Brawl may not have correctly switched from Normal to Heroic difficulty with today’s Brawl rotation. We’re actively investigating and will keep you updated in this thread as soon as we have more information to share.

In the meantime, thank you for your patience as we work to address this.

Thank you!

LOL

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Glad I did it early then, thanks!

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Do abathur hats have the same soak range as other heroes?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I want to say yes, off the cuff. Half a screen length.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAnqapUC_EY

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

No blue go no thumbs up.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Snacksmaniac posted:

No blue go no thumbs up.

It's a breath of the wild reference :ssh:

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
wrong thread

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

God drat, the Brawl is loving BRUTAL with pubbies.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

Der Shovel posted:

God drat, the Brawl is loving BRUTAL with pubbies.

Oh yes please continue to just die everyone, as many times as possible!

Although i will say it is pretty tough. Substantially tougher than the last one i tried.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

how come no one told me nydus worm had unlimited range

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

:psyduck:

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

how come no one told me nydus worm had unlimited range

The tooltip told you.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Eraflure posted:

The tooltip told you.

i didn't come here to fuckin read

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Kerrzhe posted:

i didn't come here to fuckin read

Somewhere, a bald eagle cries a single tear.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Honestly the cooldown reduction from attacks on creep alone is worth the dang ult, but the map presence worm is an amazing cherry on top.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

GenericOverusedName posted:

Honestly the cooldown reduction from attacks on creep alone is worth the dang ult, but the map presence worm is an amazing cherry on top.

I love Zag (62% winrate this season, 58% last) and yeah I just can't give up Nydus. If it's Tomb, I just don't go Zag.

I love slam-jammin Brood Expansion at 16. Trade the AOE for single-target, and you get your second hydralisk after 4.8 seconds of AAs. That's insanely fast. In teamfights it's marginally less effective due to Muta's AOE, but I'd wager it's more than balanced by being much better at soloing a keep, or defending a boss / DK / Immortal, and those things win games too.

Fun, insane, stupid tip: drop a Nydus behind a random enemy solo laner and Nydus gank them. If you get even 5 seconds before a 2nd enemy comes to help them, the aforementioned Hydras should give you the sustain to win. If not, you died with honor in battle :v:

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Nydus needs to be dropped on creep right?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Dietrich posted:

Nydus needs to be dropped on creep right?

It does. But the cooldown reduction does apply to the creep tumor ability as well, and endless creep at level 20 gives it a stupid huge range.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

GenericOverusedName posted:

It does. But the cooldown reduction does apply to the creep tumor ability as well, and endless creep at level 20 gives it a stupid huge range.

Also, even if the tumor granting creep around the Nydus dies, the Nydus itself doesn't give a poo poo. Once the worm's there, it's there until killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
The HotS reddit is now completely aflame with game issues, mostly to do with hero league. It's not just a bunch of random complainers too, as popular streamers, and now pro players and even people that work for Blizzard on the esports side ( https://www.reddit.com/user/Khaldor ) are frustrated about it. Hopefully some stuff is in the PTR patch today or is addressed by Blizzard soon.