Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

lol dickish cart messages is an insta block

If you are that concerned about not failing then solo poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

In most games I avoid pubbies like the plague but MonHun pubbies usually have their poo poo together. Also if I'm going to pay for multiplayer, I'm going to actually play with others.

Everyone faints, I get it, poo poo happens. But to slowly waste away to poison because that person is too retarded to see that their HP is purple or refusing to top up after Azure's fireball knocked away 75% of their HP is inexcusable thus my dickish autoresponses. It's only a problem if it's directed at them, fighting 2x tempered monsters in a cramped space warrants not being a loving idiot.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

And Tyler Too! posted:

I just failed the optional quest where you fight tempered Pink/Azure Raths in the arena. Two pubbie carts while Azure was up, fine, poo poo's chaotic. We kill Azure, Pinky just got flashbombed, placing a pitfall underneath her, QUEST FAILED! How? One of the retard pubbies was tunnel-visioning so hard they didn't realize they were poisoned and slowly lost HP while we maul this helpless wyvern.

I've made my automated shoutouts very condescending because of poo poo like this. From now on when a teammate carts I autorespond with "I'M DEAD AND TOO RETARDED FOR POTIONS."

you seem like an utter joy to play with

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Except your auto-responses go off for everyone, so you're just being a dick.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

And Tyler Too! posted:

You need 7 tickets for the mediocre Ryu costume, have fun!

I know monhun is all about the grind but the way they handle special event tickets is honestly boring as hell.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

And Tyler Too! posted:

In most games I avoid pubbies like the plague but MonHun pubbies usually have their poo poo together. Also if I'm going to pay for multiplayer, I'm going to actually play with others.

Everyone faints, I get it, poo poo happens. But to slowly waste away to poison because that person is too retarded to see that their HP is purple or refusing to top up after Azure's fireball knocked away 75% of their HP is inexcusable thus my dickish autoresponses. It's only a problem if it's directed at them, fighting 2x tempered monsters in a cramped space warrants not being a loving idiot.

Maybe take video games less seriously.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

big nipples big life posted:

Maybe take video games less seriously.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I finally got one (1) hero's hammer streamshard.

Which hunting horn is my precious baby, whom I love above all others? Probably the cello. But what is the upgrade I choose? A pitiful amount of damage? A single level 1 slot? Crit? I don't understand. Which is best? Which do I want?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Those posts came from a place of frustration, if carting was on a personal basis I would give significantly less fucks, but one person can ruin a hunt for 3 others and that's what pisses me off. I understand if Nerg divebombed you, RIP. Dying to that is almost a rite of passage. If you get poisoned, stop swinging your longsword and chug an antidote. Much like tempered Kirin I finally managed to get the drat quest done, and I never have to poison my monhun experience with that nightmare ever again. I joined someone else's SoS and we kept the raths on lockdown the entire time, it's amazing what 4 people with hammers can accomplish.

Magus42 posted:

Except your auto-responses go off for everyone, so you're just being a dick.

I changed it. I was pretty drat tilted when I made my earlier posts. I'll shut up now.

Horace Kinch fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 8, 2018

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Krinkle posted:

I finally got one (1) hero's hammer streamshard.

Which hunting horn is my precious baby, whom I love above all others? Probably the cello. But what is the upgrade I choose? A pitiful amount of damage? A single level 1 slot? Crit? I don't understand. Which is best? Which do I want?

The health regen augment is popular, because it's a unique effect that is more powerful than any similar effects you can get such as the nerg or vaal set bonuses. If you're killing fast and skillfully enough that you never need to stop to heal then it's not useful, but otherwise it's very nice.

LowPartz
Dec 23, 2015
So #ThoughtsAndPrayers is a dickish auto response to a cart? Asking for a friend.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

And Tyler Too! posted:

I just failed the optional quest where you fight tempered Pink/Azure Raths in the arena. Two pubbie carts while Azure was up, fine, poo poo's chaotic. We kill Azure, Pinky just got flashbombed, placing a pitfall underneath her, QUEST FAILED! How? One of the retard pubbies was tunnel-visioning so hard they didn't realize they were poisoned and slowly lost HP while we maul this helpless wyvern.

I've made my automated shoutouts very condescending because of poo poo like this. From now on when a teammate carts I autorespond with "I'M DEAD AND TOO RETARDED FOR POTIONS."

Also consider wide range. A single point will let you dump antidotes and nulberries people who aren't watching their health.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

And Tyler Too! posted:

You need 7 tickets for the mediocre Ryu costume, have fun!

Where do I trade that in? Armourer? Didn't see a new buildable pop up.

Syka
Mar 24, 2007
sum n00b or wut?

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Where do I trade that in? Armourer? Didn't see a new buildable pop up.

Did you look under low rank? It's a low rank armor.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It's under full armour sets, not armour in general.

Also it's me, I'm the bad who carted to Nerg three times in an investigation via head slam into dive bomb.

At least it was my own investigation so all I wasted was other people's time.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is there any agreed upon best Spread HBGs? I think that is the style of HBG I'd like to try the most.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Do you burn your character edit ticket if you don't save your new face?

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is there any agreed upon best Spread HBGs? I think that is the style of HBG I'd like to try the most.

The two generally considered best for that playstyle are the Nergigante HBG and the Great Jagras HBG. Nerg HBG shoots spread 3s, Great Jagras shoots spread 2s, people have talked about it before but the DPS is good with either and you can't really go wrong.

I would also like to recommend the Deviljho LBG with two recoils and a close-range up slotted in - I know it's not an HBG, but it puts out massive damage with spread 3s for how mobile you are. You do need the xeno set bonus and free element 3 just to make the ammo situation work out, though, or you'll just be reloading forever.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Trick Question posted:

You do need the xeno set bonus and free element 3 just to make the ammo situation work out, though, or you'll just be reloading forever.

Do this with spread 3 either way, though. It rules.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
tempered kirin is wrecking my poo poo. im using anjanath dual blades, thunderproof mantle and as much thunder resistance as i can stack but he just hits too drat hard

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
DB's are going to have a hard time against him because you do your damage in sustained combos. Kirin hardens everywhere but his face when enraged and breaks up combos by leaping away or zapping you. Try to adapt a hit and run style, or try a different weapon. Ranged weapons in particular are great against him, but greatsword/hammer draw attacks also work well. I originally beat him with Guard Up and a gunlance. Worked well enough but took 25 minutes.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Nastier Nate posted:

tempered kirin is wrecking my poo poo. im using anjanath dual blades, thunderproof mantle and as much thunder resistance as i can stack but he just hits too drat hard

use any ranged or hit and run type weapon. Give your palico a sleep weapon and bring enough bombs for 3 times

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I don't know whether to be happy that this happend

or sad cause it happend before I got a single Tenderizer jewel... :geno:

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

Pile on thunder resist from your gear too and not just the armor skill. Look for armor that has individual lightning resist (as in, wear armor with a bit of innate lightning resist such as Ingot). Eat for elemental resist up L, carry a diving blessing 3 charm, and gem for more HP. You may need to chug a Max/Ancient Pot to cap your HP, but once you're at 200 HP with elemental resist out the wazoo you can survive 1 non-divine blessing/non-mantle lightning bolt with a little HP to spare. Yes, tempered Kirin hits *that* hard. I strongly recommend using a bowgun or a bow. If you absolutely want to go melee, grab a sleep weapon and bring bombs+materials.

This is the set I used (I'm certain there's a better one out there):

Vaal Hazaak Bow
Bone Helm B
Ingot Mail A
Ingot Gloves B
Vespoid Coil A
Dober Greaves A
Blessing Charm 3

Gem for anything that keeps you alive.

Horace Kinch fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Apr 8, 2018

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
I've done the tempered jho quest 10 times since the event started and got zero warrior or hero streamstones, what am I doing wring

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
If you don't mind the fight and decide to use a shield of some kind, the Urugaan set comes with guard up, a few points in guard and Thunder Resist on top of already decent thunder res from the pieces. You also get to look like a dump truck elemental if that's your thing.

Seconding sleep Palico. I gave mine the Radobaan club and it always pays off.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

The Nastier Nate posted:

I died to him like a dozen times before someone onhe Discord recommended making the Karma HBG. Killed him the first time I took it into battle.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I've done the tempered jho quest 10 times since the event started and got zero warrior or hero streamstones, what am I doing wring

desire sensor my friend

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

LowPartz posted:

So #ThoughtsAndPrayers is a dickish auto response to a cart? Asking for a friend.

Any sort of "funny" auto response flags a player to me as probably terrible. Especially if you have any cart auto response other than the default "sorry..."

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I managed Tempered Kirin with Dying Light (high dragonseal), with a mix of Vaal Hazak and Xeno'jiiva armor to have Blight Resistance and Super Recovery. Gems included Fortify and a lot of Thunder resistance.

It was still a nightmare.

Framboise fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Apr 8, 2018

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Matsuri posted:

I managed Tempered Kirin with Axe of Demons (high dragonseal), with a mix of Vaal Hazak and Xeno'jiiva armor to have Blight Resistance and Super Recovery. Gems included Fortify and a lot of Thunder resistance.

It was still a nightmare.

If your thunder resist is high enough you don't need blight resistance for kirin.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Aren't their drop rates way skewed towards elders? Lmk if I'm wrong I'm drunk.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Camel Camus posted:

Aren't their drop rates way skewed towards elders? Lmk if I'm wrong I'm drunk.

Tempered Jho is an event quest that specifically has a higher rate to drop weapon streamstones.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Argas posted:

Tempered Jho is an event quest that specifically has a higher rate to drop weapon streamstones.

Thx <3

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

I dunno what happened to Tempered Jho, did him 4 times with vouchers and only got 2 warrior's streamstones out of it. Probably too low a sample size to say anything but it sure does suck when the quests take so long.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I got one weapon stone from 5 Tempered Deviljho runs in this event. The 3 runs in the first event gave me 3 stones, including 2 at one go. Very small sample size, but it's taken away my motivation for tempered Deviljho right now.

On the other hand, tempered elders are dropping them very frequently the last two days, like 75-80% of the time. To the point where I wondered if they tweaked the drop rates for tempered elders, but it's almost certainly just RNG being RNG.

I wish they'd made these stones non-specific so you could use them with any weapon of the right rarity.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Apr 8, 2018

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Astroniomix posted:

If your thunder resist is high enough you don't need blight resistance for kirin.

I'm aware. It was for the sake of damage reduction from the lightning attacks. Some of those bolts hit like a truck. Still kind of redundant, but it worked.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I tried out the Nergigante HBG last night, I liked it! The sort of shotgun playstyle with a shield was fun to use. I think I'll need to farm Lavisoth to get those pants with Spread Shot Power on them.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Giant barroth, it turns out, flattens if you just keep true charging his legs when he stands up. You can pretty much chain him down the whole fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yabanjin
Feb 13, 2007

I AM smiling.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

DB's are going to have a hard time against him because you do your damage in sustained combos. Kirin hardens everywhere but his face when enraged and breaks up combos by leaping away or zapping you. Try to adapt a hit and run style, or try a different weapon. Ranged weapons in particular are great against him, but greatsword/hammer draw attacks also work well. I originally beat him with Guard Up and a gunlance. Worked well enough but took 25 minutes.

Tempered Kirin is what got me to try gun lance with guard up, and it is a thing of beauty. On top of that, get the resistant veggies, thunder resist decorations, and thunder proof mantle in case you fail a block, and you should be good.

Edit: forgot the obvious, armor that is high thunder resist, like to Tobi or Kirin.

Yabanjin fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 8, 2018