Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

There's something very precious about a movement that seeks to turn away as many people as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

e: Welp, a discussion about weight ratios in fluids is really not what this thread needs.

axolotl farmer fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Apr 8, 2018

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

axolotl farmer posted:

e: Welp, a discussion about weight ratios in fluids is really not what this thread needs.

It's exactly what this thread needs

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

axolotl farmer posted:

I'd rather have that than another round of "everyone's opinions on veganism and why vegans are bad".

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/982891028091953152

This counts as a political toon aye

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Big problem with the tournament bracket: Red Panels and Stonetoss have separate entries. Overwhelming thread consensus is that they are one and the same, starting over after doxxing himself.

Of course, although it's unlikely, I'd lose my poo poo if they both ended up in the final round.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Pants Donkey posted:

Responses to bracket comments:

-If you don't know who a cartoonist is, then google the name or just vote for the other guy. You're not going to know every name on the list and one cartoon is not going to change that.
-Brackets were very hard because it's hard to probably "seed" something like this. There's a lot of lovely people, and not enough edge cases where someone wouldn't feel it's bad matchup. That's why people like Latuff and Cagle made the cut.
-Also, this poo poo is subjective. Some people find the dad jokes of JRRose terrible, others find it redeeming enough to vote for someone else. Some thing Dees puts out hilarious over-the-top images, whereas others don't think it covers up his antisemitism and varying other bigotries.

So you know, relax and enjoy the ride.

I was enjoying the challenging matchups. They are hard, like the "which scares me more, After Eden's excuses for christian evils, or Ben "Actually let's kill people" Garrison

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

the_steve posted:

I agree. He's exactly the sort of person who would take the time to draw Lowtax in a dirty SJW diaper and write an article about how SA is failing and irrelevant and that's why he totally proved how much he doesn't care by paying it so much attention.

Garrison panics realizing he didn’t leave room on Lowtax for the ‘spineless’ label.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

tyblazitar posted:

I'd rather have that than another round of "everyone's opinions on veganism and why vegans are bad".

I'm more concerned about how that vegan has been kidnapping people.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

MelvinBison posted:

I'm more concerned about how that vegan has been kidnapping people.

and keeping them in very cramped and inhumane conditions.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Just got down to Bok and The World Today Just Nuts. This is some serious six year old scribbling poo poo going on here. I mean, I guess it's just a blog but come on.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Russia's bear necessities – Chris Riddell on a few home truths from the Kremlin"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Amber Rudd says police cuts not to blame for violent crime rise

Sunday Times:

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Fulchrum posted:

Why did you say a thing, then contradict it as if what you said supported your premise? Tinsley drunkenly ranting about this in 3 weeks would be amazing.

I think he meant since they or their followers could go skew the voting?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Dear lord that bracket... some very easy choices and some hard ones.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pants Donkey posted:

I like how his utter devotion to Trump means he never asks why his golden god doesn’t spend HIS fortune to end hunger.

"In the end, they are narcissistic egomaniacs that are drunk with money and power."

:thunk:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Cloud Potato posted:

Sunday Times:

"I [You] stabbed though the heart of London"?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Just finished round one of the bracket. Left side very easy, right side more difficult. Disappointing that Rall and Branco are going to fight so early.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Holy poo poo, a decently composed comic.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

BiggerJ posted:

Big problem with the tournament bracket: Red Panels and Stonetoss have separate entries. Overwhelming thread consensus is that they are one and the same, starting over after doxxing himself.

Of course, although it's unlikely, I'd lose my poo poo if they both ended up in the final round.

According to the pictures given, Red Panels is actually Oh Joy Sex Toy, so problem solved. :v:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

All I know is that this new vegan comic is the best thing in this thread right now.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I'm all for this Bad Cartoonist Death Tournament, but I suggest adding a disclaimer or explanation for the general public of what we mean by "worst", and particularly how it doesn't just boil down to "has the most alt-right aligning views", because i can already picture Branco, KKKlurf or The Lesser McCoy catching wind of their victory and being like "oh I'm the WORST?? the one that TRIGGERS YOU THE MOST???"

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

"A recent Harvard University study showed that medical expenses account for approximately 62 percent of personal bankruptcies in the US. Interestingly, the study also showed that 72 percent of those who filed for bankruptcy due to medical expenses had some type of health insurance."

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

In their butts?

In their Guns?

The kremlin???

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

We can all* thrive on plants!

*the animal that I'm pointing at excepted

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

"Facebook is bad guys! Did you know they're snooping on everything you- *ffffaaaaarrrrrt*"

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

You can download your file from Facebook and see what they have. Most of it is stuff you yourself put there, but then there's things like your contact list from your phone and how many times you have contacted them, what ads or "Are you a Gryffindor or Hufflepuff?" quizzes you've clicked on, and who has some of the info that FB shared.

I'm a fairly infrequent poster, and even mine was gigs of pictures, video, chats, timeline posts.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

RuanGacho posted:

In their butts?

In their Guns?

The kremlin???

In your he-ad, in your he-ad, they are dying~

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Fister Roboto posted:

In your he-ad, in your he-ad, they are dying~
I hit quote on that post when I saw it to post exactly that, so efb. :v:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Ularg posted:

Holy poo poo, a decently composed comic.

I enjoy how the whole left is inexplicably blue.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
This one confused me- I've never heard of anyone getting those words crossed.

This one surprised me, it's a well-composed Ramirez?

This one hurt.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MrUnderbridge posted:

You can download your file from Facebook and see what they have. Most of it is stuff you yourself put there, but then there's things like your contact list from your phone and how many times you have contacted them, what ads or "Are you a Gryffindor or Hufflepuff?" quizzes you've clicked on, and who has some of the info that FB shared.

I'm a fairly infrequent poster, and even mine was gigs of pictures, video, chats, timeline posts.

How do you do this?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

quote:

Wang Liming (Chinese: 王立铭; pinyin: Wáng Lìmíng; born 1973), better known under the pseudonym Rebel Pepper (变态辣椒), is a Chinese political cartoonist who has left China to live in Japan.[1] Wang left China out of fears for his safety resulting from the increasing crackdown on freedom of expression by the Chinese Communist Party

By March 2012, Liming reported that his user account on Sina Weibo had been deleted over 180 times.[3] In July 2014, his microblog accounts were deleted from the sites of two major Chinese media companies, Sina and Tencent – from which he'd been reaching close to 1 million followers. His page on the wiki-based Baidu Encyclopedia was also removed, along with his store on the e-commerce platform Taobao.[1] The People’s Daily has accused Wang of being a “Japan-worshipping traitor” and called for his arrest.[4] After losing his sources of income, he has made a public appeal for financial help

Wang start drawing political cartoons in 2009, and originally coined the name 'Perverse Pepper' (biantai lajiao) for himself – later modifying it for English usage at the suggestion of a Taiwanese friend. He frequently draws himself into his cartoons, as 'the Pepper', described by one journalist as a "sometimes sad, sometimes oblivious, sometimes lascivious chili, with large, intense eyes".

In 2012, Liming depicted the Communist Party as an anglerfish hypnotizing smaller fish (the Chinese people) with the image of Lei Feng, a famous soldier in the People's Liberation Army.[3] He has satirized President Xi Jinping, depicting Xi as a steamed dumpling surrounded by other breakfast foods 'kowtowing' to him as an old-time emperor;[6] and as a shirtless post-coital smoker in bed with a young man. Wang depicted former leader Mao Zedong boasting of his 'victim count' to leaders of Islamic State.[1]

His work often appears in China Digital Times and its related publications. In February 2016, he created artwork in support of persecuted lawyer Zhang Kai, who had worked with Christians to fight the government's removal of crucifixes from churches in Wenzhou.[7]

Other politically active Chinese cartoonists and artists include Badiucao, Cheng Tao, DSX, Kuang Biao, Xu Pengfei and Zhu Senlin.

Cambodia’s social affairs minister has ordered all civil servants to support the ruling Cambodian People’s Party (CPP) in next year’s general election or resign, and threatened anyone who protests the ballot’s results with violence, prompting a rights group on Wednesday to demand that he be sacked

Video showing Shanghai police violently slamming a woman holding an infant child to the ground has gone viral.
:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSpBuWpiKTE :nws:

Beijing Calls for Immediate Eviction of ‘Low-Income’ Tenants Authorities in China’s capital have launched a city-wide crackdown on unlicensed rented accommodation, and thousands of low-paid migrant workers are being forced from their homes.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Electric Phantasm posted:

How do you do this?

Top corner > Settings You can then demand your data and you get an email that the package is being prepared and then a link to download it.

My facebook data folder was 22kbs.

Katt fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 8, 2018

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Discendo Vox posted:

This one confused me- I've never heard of anyone getting those words crossed.

The academic is apparently a linguistics professor. I read the wikipedia brief about the difference between the two types of languages and I got mad. It was a truly wretched thing to do just after waking up.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Some odd picks there, aren't diversity lane, Erin bonsteel, and several others not even active any more? I always voted for people who are still producing crap over people who haven't for a couple years.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
If Chris Muir produces horrifying poo poo, but no-one is looking, is he still active?

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
I stopped visiting this thread after Trump won. Whatever happened to that anthropomorphic dog comic about the depressed dad who's ex-wife was really into Hillary? Did the full book get released, and if so, how was it?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

How do you do this?

Hit the down arrow in the blue bar (upper right), go to settings, under general account setting is a small "Download a copy of your Facebook data". It comes as a zip file, but windows can still get into it through the file tree.

Correction, mine was 58 meg, not gig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Katt posted:

Wang Liming (Chinese: 王立铭; pinyin: Wáng Lìmíng; born 1973), better known under the pseudonym Rebel Pepper (变态辣椒), is a Chinese political cartoonist who has left China to live in Japan.[1] Wang left China out of fears for his safety resulting from the increasing crackdown on freedom of expression by the Chinese Communist Party

:tinsley: Well, yeah, but real censorship is when people say they don't like you calling them genetically inferior or saying their rights should be stripped away.

(Thanks for the post, I miss the international toons.)