Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

always be closing posted:

Woooah, what's going on here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skails
Feb 24, 2008

Born-In-Space
I wouldn't really call this progress, but I played around with this idea last night. I'd like to get some skulls from the newer skeleton kits, they are better sculpted.

Deadite cultist. (Or maybe eversor assassin?)

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Skails posted:

I wouldn't really call this progress, but I played around with this idea last night. I'd like to get some skulls from the newer skeleton kits, they are better sculpted.

Deadite cultist. (Or maybe eversor assassin?)

This would make a great Eversor assasisn, do it.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Ototo progress. Also working on the two Tokrage I have left to do. Yellow is done on all three, now I'm working the armor.

I'm REALLY taking to these Broken Toad brushes for lining, line blending and stippling as well as small detail work. I've been using them more and more, and they are doing functions my Series 7 just don't have the tips for. I would say my painting has been 70% Series 7 now, and the remaining 30% are using the Broken Toads. It's super nice to have really long tips.

I'll need to glaze a bit to get those transitions smoothed out a bit more.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 7, 2018

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Working on a test model for a new Dark Eldar army. Pretty happy with it, "all" that's left is all the highlights.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

bonds0097 posted:

Working on a test model for a new Dark Eldar army. Pretty happy with it, "all" that's left is all the highlights.

Love the sharp lines, nice job

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
What a great job,makes me want to play 40k. Did you drybrush that lighter purple on?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I painted this guy's birds and yellowed his robe up some more. There should only be a tiny bit of purple in the very darkest resources now. Thinning with a mix of 10% liquitex flow aid rather than plain water really helped with consistency issues with VGC moon yellow and scrofulous brown, now if only they covered worth a drat.

I'm pretty annoyed that I seem to have missed a few metal boogers while preparing him, like in one of the big droopy folds on his right, but it feels too late to do anything about it.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Apr 8, 2018

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Almost finished my Shadespire Stormcast today, but I missed a spot on the leaders thigh near the cape.

I ran out of the paint to fix it. :smithicide:

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

always be closing posted:

What a great job,makes me want to play 40k. Did you drybrush that lighter purple on?

Thanks! I did drybrush, yes. Sprayed a very dark purple and slightly less dark purple then drybrushed another purple and a magenta before doing an all over black wash. Here is the finished model with all the edge highlighting done.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm never going to paint those Tyranids. They were meant to be my first 40k army, but I've learned something important for the future; painting horde armies destroys my soul. I'm super slow at painting so the idea of spending a couple hours painting one dude and he's literally the exact same as three other dudes I've already painted and sixteen dudes I need to paint in the future is like the exact opposite of motivation.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm never going to paint those Tyranids. They were meant to be my first 40k army, but I've learned something important for the future; painting horde armies destroys my soul. I'm super slow at painting so the idea of spending a couple hours painting one dude and he's literally the exact same as three other dudes I've already painted and sixteen dudes I need to paint in the future is like the exact opposite of motivation.

I’m right there with you. I can crack out a squad of Warriors in a few days and a Hive Tyrant in a week (faster if I wasn’t getting old and my back/neck didn’t protest at long painting sessions) but these 12 Termagants have probably literally sat on my desk for a month.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It's basically been two weeks with minimal progress thanks to a rough schedule, but I'm back on track with 3.5 hours of clipping things off the sprue and gluing them together. At this point the only thing left to clip is the Knight that I haven't even bought yet.

I have 5 Intercessors, one Primaris Librarian, one Gravis Captain, 6 Aggressors, 9 Inceptors, 2 Armiger Warglaives, one Knight, and a display board to finish before NOVA. I think it's doable so long as I keep grinding.

Of course that might all change depending on the FAQ and the Knight codex.

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

1 mini a week is still going strong for me. Still hyped about PanO. Finished this guy tonight.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Finally finished my Stormcast Eternals for Shadespire (except for a spot i stupidly missed on the leader).

Now on to Skaven.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Completed and varnished another Intercessor squad this week, and got 90% through a 10 man Reiver squad. Airbrushing smooth basecoats makes everything so much easier...

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Got basecoats laid down on another 8-model warband for This Is Not A Test, plus basing a second set. Whoever first showed me the technique for Zenithal priming, thank you - it’s really made my paintjobs way easier to do.

Next up: priming about a half-dozen pieces of scatter terrain, and finishing some paintjobs, plus hacking the integrated bases off of some Lead Adventure minis to rebase them in a slightly nicer fashion, along with finishing a couple of Elvis sculpts and conversions.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Well thats the bulk of the highlights applied, now I just need to highlight the remaining colours and cleanup and start on the base proper.

Its funny how with this style of gold it looks like loving garbage until you apply the highlights and even after 10 months of doing it I still worry.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That looks great.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Started my building and painting of a new Necron army this weekend because it was freakishly cold.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Just an hour of gluing and assembling. Nothing special, but I did manage to lose a boltstorm gauntlet cable that's driving me crazy.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Artum posted:

Well thats the bulk of the highlights applied, now I just need to highlight the remaining colours and cleanup and start on the base proper.

Its funny how with this style of gold it looks like loving garbage until you apply the highlights and even after 10 months of doing it I still worry.

This looks great.

SpikeMcclane posted:

Started my building and painting of a new Necron army this weekend because it was freakishly cold.

This too.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Artum posted:

That's a good looking Bobby G you have there!

I've gotten most of the basic colours blocked out on the Knight, so need to start working through with highlights and details next. Would have pics but my camera died.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Artum posted:

This is one of the best ones i've seen. Nice job dude.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Artum posted:

That's a really nice look you have going there. I'm not even interested in the Imperium as a faction and I like this. (The sword is pretty neat as well; that minimalist orange-to-white makes it look hotter than the stock GW paintjob.)

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

bonds0097 posted:

This model looks like what sex feels like.

A drat good color scheme and drat good execution for them drukhari.

How long does it take to do 1 kabalite warrior?

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
One babyknight complete* with friends for scale

* first person I sent this too already asked "where's the base" which of course I haven't started on, gently caress

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Got another 90 minutes in gluing bits of Aggressors and Inceptors together. The best part was losing a bit of Boltstorm Gauntlet ammo feed belt, buying a replacement, and then finding it under the desk this morning. Go figure.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I just lost a Reiver Grav Chute while priming.. Sup buddy!

Luckily, I have a few extras.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Got more detail work done on my Knight, cleaned up all the sloppy mistakes, and did a blue wash on all the blue rivets and panel lines. Tomorrow I’ll do the same for the yellow, and possibly get to the drybrushing.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Decided cutting up old tracks would be too much of a hassle so found a set on Ebay at a fairly reasonable price. Command Russ is done until they and the washes for the heat stress effects come in the mail.

Skails
Feb 24, 2008

Born-In-Space
Finished up these dudes this morning.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Skails posted:

Finished up these dudes this morning.

I dig these dudes. They almost have a kind of Civil Defense Force vibe going that's really cool.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Think I hosed up the white balance but finally went at it with the pigments and really pleased with how the rust effect came out. Hit it with a light chrome silver drybrush too. Looks a lot better IRL than what my lovely phone camera can show. Any c&c? It's okay if the paint scheme is terribly un-orky. Just need to do the base next!

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
For some reason the camera eats edge highlights on this model more than on fire warriors, maybe distance?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Took a pic of my current knight progress. The basic colours are largely blocked out (I need to pic a few others for cables and smaller details) but it's about ready to start on highlighting and shading.

Scheme is planned to match up with the Heretorks painted a few months pack (I'll likely add more yellow symbols and blue energy bits and cables).

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

R0ckfish posted:

For some reason the camera eats edge highlights on this model more than on fire warriors, maybe distance?

Looks so good. You should do a video tutorial or a step by step so I can copy your bases.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Ilor posted:

I dig these dudes. They almost have a kind of Civil Defense Force vibe going that's really cool.

I was thinking the same. Looks like Armageddon PDF

very cool

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Productive day, pin washed and slapped treads on the Hydra.

Very nearly done with this spearhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
Finally getting around to painting the old Celestine model. I figured I could be more experimental with this since it's going to be replaced with the new one eventually anyway, and I could take my time with the new one without feeling rushed to replace it.

I practiced glazing tamiya clear red over steel on spoons for a while before doing this, but still ended up getting the red a little too thick and drowning out some of the undertone.