Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I am beginning to understand the cohesion aspect of radar.

I think it's why some high skilled individual players are falling apart in Trials. Their team situational awareness is hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Angry Walrus posted:

Yeah, their agreement with Activision was to produce multiple games, lol @ anyone who thinks D1 would have just kept going in perpetuity or that it's a thing that could have happened if they pushed for it.

As if calling a dlc a sequel is a lie they can't tell after they lied for years about listening to the community, fixing rng several times and the absolute lack of time gates and nerfs to xp payouts, or the impossibility to do incremental patches on PS4, or even the possibility to keep the same character for ten years, or Xur being bugged and not able to sell the exotic weapons the week he was supposed to sell gjallarhorn. The only lie they won't tell is one that would have required them effort to implement but would have saved this dead game.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
After a couple cards' worth both weeks, I think no radar in Trials isn't horrible, just different. It rewards a different set of skills than radar does, like game sense and positional awareness. It'd certainly be better if Bungie actually accounted for the lack of radar now present in a game that was built around it, better sound cues or a wider FoV, but as long as you pay attention and stay active on the comms, it works out.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

el B posted:

You guys remember when everyone had access to one hit kill weapons all the time? What a time, it was, a to be alive

Yeah, a short time

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Angry Walrus posted:

After a couple cards' worth both weeks, I think no radar in Trials isn't horrible, just different. It rewards a different set of skills than radar does, like game sense and positional awareness. It'd certainly be better if Bungie actually accounted for the lack of radar now present in a game that was built around it, better sound cues or a wider FoV, but as long as you pay attention and stay active on the comms, it works out.

I'm surprised The Bungo hasn't just dropped PC or PC-esque customization menus to the Console versions. Being able to change my FoV is nice:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Waffle House posted:

I'm surprised The Bungo hasn't just dropped PC or PC-esque customization menus to the Console versions. Being able to change my FoV is nice:

Gotta save that bullet point for the year 2 expansion

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Waffle House posted:

bungie literally only let pc change the fov because they knew pc players wouldnt stand for the bullshit that is the default, pc got so many loving bones thrown to them in the hopes they'd stick around and lol at how well that worked out

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
it's honestly maddening how bungie obviously know that certain elements of their game they want to double down on like the lovely fov are bullshit but just refuse to change it because...pride? i dont even know at this point

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I think narrowing fov on consoles help save cpu/gpu power.

Though i could be completely wrong here

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Angry Walrus posted:

it's honestly maddening how bungie obviously know that certain elements of their game they want to double down on like the lovely fov are bullshit but just refuse to change it because...pride? i dont even know at this point

"Vision."

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

CheeseFactory posted:

You are correct

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

CheeseFactory posted:

While optimization is part of it, I remember an interview from D1 talking about how some players get sick when playing FPS, and 72 FOV was the "sweet spot" that affected the least people

But that's really no excuse, since Titanfall 2 had an FOV option on consoles with a warning that it could cause lower framerate

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

CheeseFactory posted:

ah, so there's a reason beyond "we're bungie and we're the tiny FoV guys"

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Roman posted:

But that's really no excuse, since Titanfall 2 had an FOV option on consoles with a warning that it could cause lower framerate

:wow: Incredible and revolutionary

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Waffle House posted:

Just like Destiny 2

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Waffle House posted:

It was also 60 fps on consoles. It was optimized for a certain FOV but it's cool they gave you the option to change it. The new Doom did the same thing

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Uh, excuse me, but these consoles are just so advanced that an up and coming studio like bungie just can't hope to fully utilize.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

For gently caress sake that Kingdom Come game is literally a Kickstarter game and it has FOV settings on consoles. Come on Bungie

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Of all the things I need bungle to do and fix this game an adjustable fov is real far down on the priority list

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Policenaut posted:

For gently caress sake that Kingdom Come game is literally a Kickstarter game and it has FOV settings on consoles. Come on Bungie

it’s also a buggy pile of poo poo, i wouldn’t use it as a benchmark

there’s an outside chance that D2’s engine on console is such a piece of poo poo that user customizable FOV would straight up break it; consider the fact that the black screen on raid bug is because the game had problems unloading the load-in cinematic from memory

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Roman posted:

While optimization is part of it, I remember an interview from D1 talking about how some players get sick when playing FPS, and 72 FOV was the "sweet spot" that affected the least people

Titanfall 2 was so goddamn good and EA can go gently caress itself for sending it out to die with that release date.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Although insanely gimmicky and dumb, it is tested possible to run Lucky Pants with 2x Opening Shot hand cannons (Minuet, Crimil's for example) and be regularly critting by constantly changing between them every shot to trigger the perk

On a related note my fingers hurt

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 8, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So what the hell should I play while I wait for this game to get good. I tried Fortnite and it's not clicking. Not a fan of any PvP where the right answer more often than not is "avoid combat". I'm gonna try Warframe at some point but I heard that has very little PvP and there isn't any super high-level PvE like Destiny's raids, which is my favorite part of the game anyway.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

VJeff posted:

Titanfall 2 was so goddamn good and EA can go gently caress itself for sending it out to die with that release date.

that was also due to a sinful world though

in what just reality do people play fuckin battlefield 1 instead of titanfall??

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

VJeff posted:

So what the hell should I play while I wait for this game to get good. I tried Fortnite and it's not clicking. Not a fan of any PvP where the right answer more often than not is "avoid combat". I'm gonna try Warframe at some point but I heard that has very little PvP and there isn't any super high-level PvE like Destiny's raids, which is my favorite part of the game anyway.

Buy a PSVR and a copy of Wipeout Omega Collection

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Warframe's endgame is fashion and the higher level stuff seems to be just higher level enemies with the various gametypes combined, rather than new mechanics. No one plays the PVP.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
40k trials players across all platforms... woof lol

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

me and my friends are trying out warframe at the moment, the gunplay isn't as good and like people say theres not really any pvp or stuff but other than that I'm finding it better than destiny 2 in every way, in large part because its free and not dead so my friends will get it

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I was really into Warframe for a bit but then I got to a point where I couldn't be bothered to play. It can get very repetitive, more than Destiny ever did.

But if you like grinds then Warframe is for you, because the grind is ridiculous (unless you straight up buy stuff)

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Angry Walrus posted:

Yeah, their agreement with Activision was to produce multiple games, lol @ anyone who thinks D1 would have just kept going in perpetuity or that it's a thing that could have happened if they pushed for it.

I wonder what happened to that 10 year plan for Destiny then? Really though, for a game that's essentially an MMO-lite in many regards, I don't see why they thought scrapping everything to start over again would ever sit well with a userbase that's very progression-oriented. I guess I'm just bummed that D2 wasn't an expansion pack instead because there would be so much to do in the game right now. They could have still charged the same price for it, but imagine all the planets/strikes/raids/PVP content there would be available to players right now that just keeps on growing constantly. Instead they've just botched a bunch of stuff and their supposed reason for rebooting (updated dev tools) doesn't seem to have panned out for them since it still takes them forever to do anything. I do have a bias since I mostly enjoyed PvP and occasionally jumped into the strikes playlist.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Destiny is a first person shooter

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Of all the things I need bungle to do and fix this game an adjustable fov is real far down on the priority list

It's not that we want it so much as the fact that it's yet another poo poo covered father in the rear end-hat bungie continues to wear

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

PathAsc posted:

It's not that we want it so much as the fact that it's yet another poo poo covered father in the rear end-hat bungie continues to wear

Destiny 2: No... Daddy Issues patch isn't out yet

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:rip:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Is that corrosion or ash?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Father Wendigo posted:

Is that corrosion or ash?

Plastic shards, had to drill a bit to expose the screws.

vvvvvv That's the original Destiny 1 Legendary Edition ghost, a.k.a the last place in the world to hear the original Dinklebot performance (besides pre-TTK game footage). I'm going to make it a full-fledged Alexa device, unlike the official ghost which can only handle queries directly related to the game.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 8, 2018

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Is that the Google Alexa Ghost?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Can someone tell me how to get this sick as fucks gun? Is it a Flawless Trials weapon? Will someone please carry me so I can get this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

the good fax machine posted:

40k trials players across all platforms... woof lol

And on average they have played 1.3 games each.

Good poo poo bungie.