Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

THats the only boss I dont really like, but godspeed. I just finished up the NG final bosses this morning and just have kos left. Ill probably stream it after wrestlemania when im tired and drunk.

not a huge fan of its final phase iirc lol but im kind of overpowered as gently caress for ng, lucked out with the brains by kos and got some pretty ridiculous gems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oh i remember i hate this boss now lol.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Can you pump both a damage stat and your choice of bloodtinge/arcane? I wanted my first play through to be STR/Arcane and my second to be Dex/Blood

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Old Yharnam is nuts.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Can you pump both a damage stat and your choice of bloodtinge/arcane? I wanted my first play through to be STR/Arcane and my second to be Dex/Blood

Yeah and there are some weapons that specifically have a physical+magical scaling set (eg SKL/Blood Or STR/ARC)

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It’s cool how boiled down to their core all the systems from Dark Souls are. Like how there’s nothing you can do at a lantern, and there’s basically no loot anywhere besides wgat the Messengers will hook you up with, and no Estus, and basically no friendly community of NPCs in the hub world. It actually makes the world feel more picked-over and ruinous and abandoned to monsters than any of the Dark Souls worlds that were basically replete with treasure and signs of cooperators.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a lot of stuff being simplified/removed was genius. not only does it make the game a lot more accessible (wtf is poise/equipload, why are there 8 different kinds of longsword and 4 blacksmiths etc) but it fits very well thematically

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's all true but there is still a lot of treasure and loot. Definitely less weapons though because every one has a very distinct moveset so you don't get 12 varieties of slightly different short swords to scatter around anymore.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I spent all night playing co-op Dark Souls 3 with my friend then started a new character because I wanted to help other people using the wooden hammer and suddenly it was 10:30 am, lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

I spent all night playing co-op Dark Souls 3 with my friend then started a new character because I wanted to help other people using the wooden hammer and suddenly it was 10:30 am, lol

dark souls 3 owns. i never found that wood hammer until i finally made a dex character and found one off the first hammer guy lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah, bloodborne simplifying the souls formula was great. it's also the hardest game to move between other games in the series, in my experience, because of how much more satisfying combat is

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

net cafe scandal posted:

there's a weapon that scales off STR/ARC and it's simple but satisfying and pow[rfuul as hell , I used it my first playthrough and loved it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

was watching vids on the ringed city dlc, god its so good. who was it that came in here and complained that the final dlc for a souls game was too hard so it was bad lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm getting pretty close to done with the mainline game - just one lord of cinder left. took down pontiff in a single attempt, which felt good.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
profaned capitol is a lot like aldia's manor: a cool location that's basically nothing but a few encounters and a boss. wish it was bigger, and they did the full "ruined, hosed up city" thing over an entire area. like that little church above the toxic lake with bob's burrito monsters, where you're jumping between collapsed buildings, finding secrets and fighting small set-piece battles.

ithiryll doesn't really count, since it's more or less in fine shape despite being abandoned for however long.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

profaned capitol is a lot like aldia's manor: a cool location that's basically nothing but a few encounters and a boss. wish it was bigger, and they did the full "ruined, hosed up city" thing over an entire area. like that little church above the toxic lake with bob's burrito monsters, where you're jumping between collapsed buildings, finding secrets and fighting small set-piece battles.

ithiryll doesn't really count, since it's more or less in fine shape despite being abandoned for however long.

its definitely the one area in the game that shows signs of needing to be cut for time, which is a shame since it has some really cool stuff in it. part of me wishes that they had spent some of the dev time used for the dlc to patch in new content for cut down locations like the capitol and smoldering lake, but the ringed city is so good that i cant really complain

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah, smoldering lake also has some cool ideas, but not much in it. once again i shut down the ballista before remembering you need it to bust open 2 or 3 secrets, so i'll have to go back there at some point.

demon ruins and catacombs of carthus are really cool, though, and feel fully developed.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bob's burrito monsters lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i wish there was more of profaned but im also ok with it being kind of a desolate, ruined place with only bottom feeders and ancient gargoyles occupying it now

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I like that it's Mimic Town but I wish there were a boss Mimic

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

goferchan posted:

I like that it's Mimic Town but I wish there were a boss Mimic

lol, yeah, like every other chest in ithiryll dungeon and profaned capitol is a mimic, which i guess makes sense if they're supposed to be dumping grounds for unwanted things.

sort of like how demon ruins has piles and piles and piles of copy+pasted stray, capra and taurus demons.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I laugh every time I see the lovely group of capra demons jerking towards me across the plains of fullbright

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It may be well known but Bloodborne has been really brilliant so far. I can’t play it before any sort of social commitment because it turns my nerves into chicken wire though... I feel like Calvin in the classic Calvin and Hobbes strip where he reads a violent comic book when I’m done playing

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
not to get too youtube lore discussion, but i do like how DS3's world design has you playing around in the ruins of the other games, which matches the overall story of you being the last dregs of humanity in a world that keeps repeating itself. i know that the painted world DLC does this, and apparently ringed city goes even heavier

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

It may be well known but Bloodborne has been really brilliant so far. I can’t play it before any sort of social commitment because it turns my nerves into chicken wire though... I feel like Calvin in the classic Calvin and Hobbes strip where he reads a violent comic book when I’m done playing

Awesome. Which part are you up to.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Whenever I play this stinky turd of a game, it makes me feel like the classic Calvin and Hobbes where he pees on Obama’s name, except the PS 4.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Whenever I play this stinky turd of a game, it makes me feel like the classic Calvin and Hobbes where he pees on Obama’s name, except the PS 4.

lol

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

why is a PS4 peeing on Obama

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[quote="“Wormskull”" post="“482983139”"]
[/quote]

Have you no decency.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[quote="“In Training”" post="“482982843”"]
Awesome. Which part are you up to.
[/quote]

The mini gun guy made a complete fool of me so Ive temporarily given up on killing him and just bought the thing you need to enter the cathedral plaza.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

There was a very epic and comedic moment where I had been chased behind the mini gun guys tower without realizing it, with a small sliver of health, and climbed to the top of his tower pleading out loud not to be shot, only to be shot to death by the man himself as I dismounted the top of the ladder.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The comic timing was incredible but I suppose you had t be there.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Illuyankas posted:

why is a PS4 peeing on Obama

Im not here to educate you bitch

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

There was a very epic and comedic moment where I had been chased behind the mini gun guys tower without realizing it, with a small sliver of health, and climbed to the top of his tower pleading out loud not to be shot, only to be shot to death by the man himself as I dismounted the top of the ladder.

LMFAO! *unzips fly and drops a log on your PS4*

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
beat aldritch in two tries and now i'm rolling him for people as a co-op phantom, which is fun as long as they stay out of the way and don't die

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

beat aldritch in two tries and now i'm rolling him for people as a co-op phantom, which is fun as long as they stay out of the way and don't die

i always stop at pontiff/aldrich and do coop/invasions there for a long time, it's always super active and you see 6 player wars sometimes

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm sort of sick of the PvP, and massive clusterfucks of the host rolling away while estusing and 3 phantoms chasing him are fun for a while, but not really what i'm looking for, so i just went ahead and leveled my guy/weapon up

dancer down on my first try, which was cool. i need to buy the DLCs at this point, i guess.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I never played ringed city so after I beat B.B. again I'll probably play ds3 again.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

He's my big strong friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Wormskull posted:

LMFAO! *unzips fly and drops a log on your PS4*

Please control yourself