Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Teikanmi posted:

I guess the real question is "what kind of weirdos actually care about what the characters in the this game look like/lore"

to me they're just abilities on legs and could all look like ugly chuds and it wouldn't make any difference

Yeah sorry this is megadumb. Human beings care about aesthetics and have since the dawn of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I play this PvP game to poo poo on other people across the world and make them feel inadequate. The map/models could be composed to differently colored cubes and I wouldn't care as long as there was a large and sufficiently challenging playerbase with some kind of deeper mechanic.

The Kaisa design isn't even THAT sexualized. People are retarded. Oh god no not a deep neckline, I can see 10% of her inner boob area during the game loading.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Teikanmi posted:

I wouldn't care as long as there was a large and sufficiently challenging playerbase

So you care.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Some people care about different things. I don't really care about the sexualization of game characters, personally, but other people do and it doesn't negatively affect me in any way for them to do so

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Teikanmi posted:

The Kaisa design isn't even THAT sexualized. People are retarded. Oh god no not a deep neckline, I can see 10% of her inner boob area during the game loading.

the void titty defender has logged in

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Kaisa is Quinn & shes only 60% as horny as she should be. Failure of a champ. Go hard or go home.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Has anyone else tried to jungle nuIrelia? I haven't landed on a preferred Keystone yet. I'm pretty sure Razor is the best jg item, but I want to test Warrior a couple times at least

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Her first clear is loving garbage, I always back after my third camp to heal and grab the other piece of my jungle item. Aside from that, I don't even finish the jungle item I just rush triforce and then get resists as needed. I can decide later if I want blood razer for the tank fighting or cinder hulk if I'm the main tank.

Her ganks are great and her dueling is still pretty good after the hot fix nerf. Solid jungler aside from the first few levels of clearing. If someone picks shaco or Lee sin and invades you though, you're hosed.

Edit: oh and PTA seems to make the most sense on her, though you could make a case for conquerer if the enemy team isn't bursty and you think fights will last over 5 seconds on average.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I've had my most success so far taking Resolve Secondary for some extra hp in the early clear. I want to try a Talisman start tonight to see if the enhanced burn/heal ends up better than Machete

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Killed By Death posted:

Before the latest round of nerfs you could still play AP Malzhar top, because he could prey on the melee tank/bruiser matchups that mostly populate top. Of course, the main thing that let him do this was his busted numbers, and they nerfed those, but that was also the main thing that made him one of the best midlaners in the game, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree that the loss of the AD builds in general was pretty disappointing and ultimately unnecessary.

here is the rub and something to be a real take away in how you think about champion balance. if sorakas q did 1000 damage at level 1 she would be played top lane too. meanwhile, even if shen was below average in damage he was still picked to be a top laner. ap malzahar top is not inherently good in the same way a shen top is... it just potentially does enough damage that it does not matter. hard pushing waves as a squishy no escape caster is inexcusable. darius gets poo poo on for hard pushing top and he is darius, malzahar is not tanky or vicious enough to get away with the stuff darius can get away with, let alone the stuff he gets punished for.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Rygar201 posted:

Has anyone else tried to jungle nuIrelia? I haven't landed on a preferred Keystone yet. I'm pretty sure Razor is the best jg item, but I want to test Warrior a couple times at least

TBH from watching several games of Yashichi and friends playing, it seems like she's a perpetually gold starved jungler that takes forever to get off the ground. she needs a lot of money, same as she used to. I think her being strong is a direct result of her kit being strong as hell out of the box.

Teikanmi posted:

It is kind of a stupid thing for people to wig out over and for Riot to endlessly apologize for. It's okay if there's some booby lady here or there because they've made some pretty cool designs for chicks at this point since the era of Syndra/Zyra/Ahri/Sexy Nightelf Diana is long over. I think they (both Riot and anyone that cares about seeing skin) are both hugely overreacting but whatever. People are right though that she'd probably look a hell of a lot less stupid if she just had the mask on the entire time. Someone would probably still complain about the skin tight suit not being realistic or whatever but this isn't one of those kinds of arguments anyone can really win, honestly.

My beef isn't the deep plunging v-neck or whatever, she just doesn't fit the look of the rest of the void when she's just a person in a monster suit and she has an incredibly Quinn like voiceover

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Teikanmi posted:

I guess the real question is "what kind of weirdos actually care about what the characters in the this game look like/lore"

to me they're just abilities on legs and could all look like ugly chuds and it wouldn't make any difference

Teikanmi posted:

I play this PvP game to poo poo on other people across the world and make them feel inadequate. The map/models could be composed to differently colored cubes and I wouldn't care as long as there was a large and sufficiently challenging playerbase with some kind of deeper mechanic.

why the gently caress do you buy skins then

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Taciturn Tactician posted:

why the gently caress do you buy skins then

i've never spent money on this game

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Teikanmi posted:

i've never spent money on this game

Teikanmi posted:

I got festive Maokai for 50% off which is cool because I main Maokai and it’s the only skin I don’t have and also now I can go “MERRY CHRISTMAS, that’s right we can finally say it again ladies and gentlemen... that’s right”

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
this might shock you but it was a lie!!!

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

It's okay for the appearance of characters not to matter to you but it does to a lot of people. For example one of the most often repeated things you'll see in "how to pick a main" guides is to go for a character whose aesthetics appeal to you.

Personally I'm fine with explicitly sexualized character designs, I think Evelynn is pretty cool. It is a problem, though, when nearly every female character has a heavily emphasized bust/rear end. Also as others mentioned Kai'sa's design just doesn't fit her thematically. It's a missed opportunity at best.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
wow

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation

Teikanmi posted:

Wow... Sigh... I don't know what to think anymore.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i post about buying skins in a video game even though i didnt because ???

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Endorph posted:

i post about buying skins in a video game even though i didnt because ???

Teikanmi posted:

I play this PvP game to poo poo on other people across the world and make them feel inadequate.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Hello everyone, I just purchased the cool and neat skin "Gatekeeper Galio" because I enjoy it.

In truth, I did not purchase the "Gatekeeper Galio" skin, but merely said I did, as a joke.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Teikanmi posted:

A very powerful self-own.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Teikanmi posted:

A very regular, normal thing for a normal person to do.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

IMO lying kicks rear end, usually.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

festive maokai was an inside job

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
As always, the discussion about what women are or aren't wearing in league of legends always leads to the best discussions

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
lets not get carried away there, buddy

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Kai'sa being sexy isn't an issue, the problem is she's the laziest kind of sexy. If Riot really wants to have a titty voidmonster survivor they can do it, but it'd be cool if it was at least a little bit more like this...

Rather than pretty much this but with shoulder mounted rocket launchers and hair dye.

(And Kerrigan's SC2 appearance isn't even as cool as it could be, it's just a whole lot better than the angle they went for with Kai'sa)

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Teikanmi posted:

"Yeah what a weirdo thing to do, all these 99.9999% other humans who care and are influenced by art and aesthetics. The normal thing to do is to lie about buying video game skins, that will surely help me fit in with those weirdos.

It's a good thing a superior being like me has no need for such petty things. Now excuse me while I try to make other people feel inadequate."

Teikanmi posted:

also i hope this becomes real

Elentor fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 8, 2018

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Transient People posted:

(And Kerrigan's SC2 appearance isn't even as cool as it could be, it's just a whole lot better than the angle they went for with Kai'sa)

At least Kai'sa doesn't have carapace high-heels.

I think.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

At least Kai'sa doesn't have carapace high-heels.

I think.

She doesn't IIRC - and honestly I don't think I could take that champ even remotely seriously if she did. The Whedon dialog already makes it hard, heels on a venom suit would be the last straw.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
ive never spent a money on this game but i would if i could buy an option that made it so i dont have to see everyone's lovely futuristic/anime/void skin that makes annoying noises and colours

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

and that man's name? ENRICO FERMI

Teikanmi posted:

I mean don't you find it funny they released Eve as this sexy character as a cornerstone of who she is when.. most of the female presenting champs read pretty drat sexy?

Mind you they are moving away from that which is good - came up in the most recent Ask Riot and they confirmed that. The game is more interesting when they are making strides beyond T&A poses and copy paste body types.

Representation matters regardless of if you don't care about how champs look or not

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Verviticus posted:

ive never spent a money on this game but i would if i could buy an option that made it so i dont have to see everyone's lovely futuristic/anime/void skin that makes annoying noises and colours

the suicide bomb dog lizard thing carry who makes an insanely annoying sound every time he attacks is really cool to play with or against

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

strong bird posted:

the suicide bomb dog lizard thing carry who makes an insanely annoying sound every time he attacks is really cool to play with or against

:yeah:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

indyrenegade posted:

I mean don't you find it funny they released Eve as this sexy character as a cornerstone of who she is when.. most of the female presenting champs read pretty drat sexy?

Mind you they are moving away from that which is good - came up in the most recent Ask Riot and they confirmed that. The game is more interesting when they are making strides beyond T&A poses and copy paste body types.

Representation matters regardless of if you don't care about how champs look or not

But can those other sexy characters put an entire thread in their rear end?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Unironically give me female Gragas.

Like not a female Gragas skin (though I wouldn't say no) but like his wife or sister or something

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I think it was the adventure time moba that for every hero had a skin that was the same but gender-swapped. League should do that.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

JerryLee posted:

Unironically give me female Gragas.

Like not a female Gragas skin (though I wouldn't say no) but like his wife or sister or something

Definitely Not Gragas featuring Gragas in full drag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

couldn't you just go into the game files and replace every skin's files with the files for their base skin

i mean you don't get banned for skin mods that turn gangplank into k. rool or whatever so that should be fine