Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Looks good. Did I spy a quick shot of Malla with Chewie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Teek posted:

Looks good. Did I spy a quick shot of Malla with Chewie?

I sure hope that's Malla, yeah

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I definitely saw two Wookies.

Contains more Donald Glover but still not enough Donald Glover.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
A good side effect of a Han Solo movie, which I really didn't even think about, was that we would be getting so much more new Chewie stuff. Both he and Han had a lot of moments in that trailer.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm concerned that every. Single. Little. Thing. that Han has is going to be explained over the course of one story. He meets chewie, he meets lando, he gets the falcon, from this trailer; looks like he gets his DL-44....

I don't mind having backstory on all that, but having them all come from the same life event seems awkward.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
https://youtu.be/jPEYpryMp2s

YouTube link is up

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I know its fashionable right now to pretend the new Star Wars movies are all horrible nonredeemable garbage, but i'm going to be the voice of reason here and say the new Han Solo trailer was great and I am very excited for this movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Release the loving LORD AND MILLER CUT GODDAMNIT

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm liking L337 so far.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

jivjov posted:

I'm concerned that every. Single. Little. Thing. that Han has is going to be explained over the course of one story. He meets chewie, he meets lando, he gets the falcon, from this trailer; looks like he gets his DL-44....

I don't mind having backstory on all that, but having them all come from the same life event seems awkward.

Clarke's dialog at the beginning seems to indicate a time-skip of sorts.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

ehrenreich is v v v bad

donald glover looks fuckin dope tho

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

Release the loving LORD AND MILLER CUT GODDAMNIT

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Solo trailer was bad. Me no likey.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I liked it, and I think I even liked Ehrenreich, but he is not really even trying to sound like Han Solo. He might be doing Chris Pine as Captain Kirk, but not Han Solo.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Creature designs are fanfuckingtastic. Way better than the recent Stak Wars movies.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

UmOk posted:

Creature designs are fanfuckingtastic. Way better than the recent Stak Wars movies.

Lord and Miller are geniuses

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

Lord and Miller were fired and publicly embarrassed

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

No idea who that is other than they were involved with SIar Wars at some point.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not gonna lie, that trailer's got me a bit more excited for the film. Alden does an... ok Harrison impression. The timing's on point, at least. Donald's more-or-less confirmed as a perfect Lando, but I had assumed that going in.

Groaned a little bit at "I've got a really good feeling about this" and the fact that they made a point of showing how he gets his gun--like, why the gently caress does it matter? But if that's as referencey/fanservicey as the movie gets, I'll be okay with that. If it's full of poo poo like "I'm gonna be a big shot, gonna have my own ship one day." "Yeah, and you'll be married to a princess too, right?" then... ugh. We'll see.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ Good point, I've added a tag.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 9, 2018

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
I don't want to spoil the trailer for anyone who hasn't seen it but looks like from the last shot that Chewbacca might die

The curious thing is that this actually looks pretty interesting, but would be even more interesting if they left it exactly as-is except Ehrenreich is just playing some new unknown character, Glover is a new unknown character, etc, remove the Falcon and Chewie and you've got a brand new story to tell.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
This is shaping up to be probably the best Star Wars movie since The Last Jedi.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Jewmanji posted:

I don't want to spoil the trailer for anyone who hasn't seen it but looks like from the last shot that Chewbacca might die

:captainpop:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Well technically a planet IS about to crush him, so it checks out.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Jewmanji posted:

The curious thing is that this actually looks pretty interesting, but would be even more interesting if they left it exactly as-is except Ehrenreich is just playing some new unknown character, Glover is a new unknown character, etc, remove the Falcon and Chewie and you've got a brand new story to tell.

I hope this movie pulls an Inglorious Basterds and kills off Han at the end. And Ben Mendelsohn shows up and Woody Harrelson carves the Empire insignia into his forehead.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Better would be if Han Solo legit dies and then someone comes along, take Chewie with them and takes Han Solo's name and it becomes canon that Han Solo this entire time was an imposter.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

I said come in! posted:

Better would be if Han Solo legit dies and then someone comes along, take Chewie with them and takes Han Solo's name and it becomes canon that Han Solo this entire time was an imposter.

It'd be even better if it was a CGI young Harrison Ford/ot Han that kills Han and takes his place. (by shooting first)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

UmOk posted:

No idea who that is other than they were involved with SIar Wars at some point.

Every set, costume and creature was approved by them.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

I said come in! posted:

This worked out so well on the Simpsons.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Spacebump posted:

It'd be even better if it was a CGI young Harrison Ford/ot Han that kills Han and takes his place. (by shooting first)

It would be best if they had just taken half a day during TFA to film Harrison in a bad wig for this purpose

edit: I probably made this joke months ago but this movie should be called Solo: Han, Shot Twice

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

CelticPredator posted:

Every set, costume and creature was approved by them.

Do we have confirmation that Ron Howard signed off on no new content?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They confirmed somewhere that he showed up and just refilmed the script. They didn’t have time to remake any sets, except I think it was said that the sets were smaller when Ron showed up.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Lando’s robot’s head’s shaped like cloud city.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

At the end of the movie when Lando steps out of the picture he’s gonna look at his robot, stroke his beard and say “hmm...I’ve got an idea.”

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Pops Mgee posted:

This worked out so well on the Simpsons.

I honestly never understood the anger at that episode.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I said come in! posted:

Has Sean Patrick Flanery been sighted on the set? :v:

Snowman_McK posted:

I honestly never understood the anger at that episode.

Only true fans appreciate the deep lore of the Simpsons universe.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

Has Sean Patrick Flanery been sighted on the set? :v:

Only true fans appreciate the deep lore of the Simpsons universe.

Maybe someone here can illuminate it for me, but I thought it was a briliant extension of the Simpsons approach, a show that had a running gag about never revealing which state it's set in.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Can't wait for Lando: A Star Wars Story (ft. Han Solo).

Actually, I enjoyed the trailer and it's the first one to get me kind of excited about this. The first trailer was trying to channel a serious Rogue One vibe, which seems wrong for this film, but this one goes for more of a fun action-heist movie thing. I'm still not sure about Ehrenreich, but I liked him better in this one than the last, especially when he's not trying to do a Ford impression. "You're 190 years old?!" was legit funny.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It'll be Han Solo's twin brother and he'll come out mid-movie to take over.

Ala Beerleague.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w9DUTcAI0o

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

It'll be Han Solo's twin brother and he'll come out mid-movie to take over.

Ala Beerleague.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w9DUTcAI0o

Beerfest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol: Oh poo poo, I get that and Artie Lange's Beerleague mixed up all the time.