Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I'm pretty sure a king who DIDN'T have that sort of view on its laws would not remain king for very long, so the position kinda selects for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I like the King.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.
I see Sharteshane's King has embraced the Whale Shark method of apex predators. Be bigger than anything that might want to eat you, but also be non-threatening to those predators who could hurt you if they had to fight you.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
This comic really nails it with the quotable lines. "Every time they smile all I can ever see is the skull underneath"

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Ashley says the next page or two is going to involve a villainous monologue from Evil Abraham Lincoln, and I for one cannot wait.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i must say the cheekbones on this page are incredible

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Tollymain posted:

i must say the cheekbones on this page are incredible

Why do you think they sent THAT diplomat to what is clearly Cheekboneland?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Speaking of facial structure, one subtle touch that I really appreciate is how much Nary's appearance is distinct from but still recognizable as the same guy in Sette's memories. Much sadder and more down-to-earth than the swaggering larger than life figure Sette pictures him as.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Well it's kinda implied but Beadman pretty much flat out says nary sold Sette off. I mean it's clear he expects something out of Sette but still.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

lmao it took me a second look to catch Nary pocketing the loving ashtrays

also the king; sharteshane best country

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

lmao it took me a second look to catch Nary pocketing the loving ashtrays

There's a lot of great things going on here, this is a Really Good Page

How d'ye negotiate with someone doesn't know how to buy a fuckin' sandwich.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Straight White Shark posted:

There's a lot of great things going on here, this is a Really Good Page

How d'ye negotiate with someone doesn't know how to buy a fuckin' sandwich.

Also Ruck's whiskey glass in his tiny facehands.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

:siren: Out-of-comic word of god spoilers on future revelations about a chapter-relevant character :siren:

My earlier assessment of Lori vs Iori regarding whether they were twins wasn't necessarily just slammed, because Glass has been sneaky in the past, but... well

"Anonymous asked: Glass! What happens to the priest/priestess twin if the sacrificial twin, say, boogies off with a handsome Black Tongue?

She becomes very, very, very bitter v__v And susceptible to feelings of failure and self-hatred. Which make her vulnerable to others’ manipulation."

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

once again a very cope action scene where what happened dosn't really make sense till you look it over a couple of times.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rip hardass lady

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch13/ch13_21.html

You'd think "naked children with exposed entrails play with a rotten corpse" couldn't possibly be a charming scene, and yet, here we are.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
poor uaid

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

You'd think "naked children with exposed entrails play with a rotten corpse" couldn't possibly be a charming scene, and yet, here we are.

Duane is a Friend To All Children.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

the kids entrails aren't exposed sil-EEAHGH!

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Am I missing something? Their throats are torn out like the adults, but other than that....?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
their chests cavities are basically open at the top and they have no lungs

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Tollymain posted:

their chests cavities are basically open at the top and they have no lungs

right, yeah, and their throats are open, revealing their trachea and such. This was revealed ages ago with the fully grown water women, so I guess I don't get why it's somehow new or worse with the water girls.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

neogeo0823 posted:

right, yeah, and their throats are open, revealing their trachea and such. This was revealed ages ago with the fully grown water women, so I guess I don't get why it's somehow new or worse with the water girls.

It's not new or worse; just like Duane being a rotten corpse isn't new or worse. It's just there, part of the scene.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

It'd be weirder if it was uneviscerated children playing with Duane

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

neogeo0823 posted:

you sounded like you were asking where the exposed entrails bit was coming from so i attempted to answer

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > Unsounded: Please do not punch babies

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Interesting, I guess Minnow has met Sette before but not this Sette?

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Fabricated posted:

Interesting, I guess Minnow has met Sette before but not this Sette?

Basically just confirmation that Sette is Tirna or one of the lions that killed Ssael or some other holy thing incarnated.

Oh Duane. You really need to pay attention to what's going on around you.

e: though the first time we saw Minnow so interested in Sette I had this wild idea she was Sette's mother transformed somehow

KOGAHAZAN!! fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Mar 29, 2018

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I am fairly interested in seeing more Queenie. This first page is a good start.

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

But you are a person, and I can't say I'm awfully fond of that.
I'm still like 70% convinced Queen Sonorie is playing some incredible long-con game where she's secretly running General Bell's rebellion herself and is planning on using the silver eel to genocide Alderode.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
We saw snakedude bite marks on Bell at one point, so there's evidence for it!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

ruck's back and has a scene with Sonorie :neckbeard:

this is going to be amazing

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
ruck's shaping up to be a solid villain, he brings murkoph's creep factor without trying so hard about it

it is fine

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

ruck's shaping up to be a solid villain, he brings murkoph's creep factor without trying so hard about it

it is fine

Portrayal note: We don't actually have to delve into extratextual commentary to presume that his voice is pretty deep, he explicitly disheartened Evil Sharteshanian Lawyer in part for having a squeaky voice and warned noted dweeb Darkest Paul against same.

personally I hear him as something in the general area of a Mass Effect Turian as voiced by an excitable James Earl Jones

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Thank you, Maha Sonorie. :3:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
A note to all prospective future presidents, emperors, scientists, and military commanders: if your men ever come to you to report they found something weird or alien buried deep in the earth, apparently dormant but still alive, tell them to cover the entrance and forget all about it immediately.

Nothing good has ever come from waking up the old sleeping thing you found underground.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what if i need the edge in a forever war tho

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

What if I want to live in interesting times

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Ruck is fun because the "evilness" in his nature is more fun than Murkoph's. Murkoph is the typical nihilistic hedonist thing borne from seeing behind the veil too much. Ruck is from a species that drinks brains and was originally created to be part of a perfect forever-world that never changed, so he's absolutely fascinated by all the crazy poo poo that these short-lived humans get up to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
isnt the brain-drinking basically his species way of making out

or at least was up until they found out humans were incredibly delicious