Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

So...something seems a little odd about this whole situation. I can't put my finger on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

:vince: :five:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Please Forgive Me!!! is very unsettling.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT-NRmkgMzw

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
You’d think blue ghosts would have a natural fear of Ms. Pasq-man :haw:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

There Bias Two posted:

So...something seems a little odd about this whole situation. I can't put my finger on it.

Welcome to the club. :tinfoil:

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

HAHAHAHA!!! That is great! Thank you!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Not gonna lie; I was hoping he'd be wearing, like, a Van Hal t-shirt in this universe or something.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Mordja posted:

Not gonna lie; I was hoping he'd be wearing, like, a Van Hal t-shirt in this universe or something.

When he was creating this new universe, Pasqualo knew that his dad was already perfect.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

dmboogie posted:

When he was creating this new universe, Pasqualo knew that his dad was already perfect.

But only in small doses.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Nearly perfect, he didn't like Sailor Moon.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Wait is that the gizmo from Honey I Shrunk the Kids?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

readingatwork posted:

Wait is that the gizmo from Honey I Shrunk the Kids?

Yep, complete with baseball.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Aaaaaaaaand, there's the turn.
http://gobolatula.com/pfm/comic/016-next-comic-will-be-funny-i-promise-ah-who-am-i-kidding-no-it-wont/

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Aw geez, I used to do that to myself a lot as a teenager too, poor Pasq :smith:
That said I'm so glad that Obtusangelo is a universal constant, that punchline was incredible

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Pasq’s dad continues to be the best dad, no matter the universe

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

awww yeah that's the good poo poo, inject that straight into my veins.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

beefmaster

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am the family friendly End of Evangelion reference.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

honestly,_tomorrow_morning_at_breakfast.wav

VVVVV gently caress I just got it

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Apr 9, 2018

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Paladinus posted:

I am the family friendly End of Evangelion reference.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Excuse me Gob. There seems to be a mistake in the art. It has been well established that this takes place on a Monday. Yet the date on the computer screen clearly says that it's Pi-day 2018, which was a Wednesday. Also the battery of this desktop seems to be running out! What is this? some kind of magic computer?
:goonsay:

This is a legitimately cool representation of the self sacrificing version of depression. Pasquallo may be a bit much, but it still feels really real. It's good to see that she actually does all of this because she fears being alone and can't bear the thought of not being liked, while she might be the person who hates herself the most (discounting her dad.)
If she was completely genuine, she would be some kind of Disney princess.
You and Josef are doing some good work there.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I appreciate the way her reflection more resembles Aurora.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I just enjoy that the "bad" Pasqualo holds her pocky like a cigarette.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

awwww, poor kid :smith:

At least she has a loving and supportive father to help her through this difficult time :unsmith:

Nice work with color in this one.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

As a quick aside, tell me more about your avatar, I always watch it cycle through at least once. :allears:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

cant cook creole bream posted:

Excuse me Gob. There seems to be a mistake in the art. It has been well established that this takes place on a Monday. Yet the date on the computer screen clearly says that it's Pi-day 2018, which was a Wednesday.
:goonsay:

In this particular universe, completely different from ours, it's on Monday.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
What does the actual waveform sound like?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

It's kind of interesting that Pasqualo is comparing herself to Sailor Moon here since one of Usagi's key characteristics is that she's incredibly flawed: she's lazy, she's selfish, she can be petty and clumsy and over indulgent. She isn't always positive, she doesn't always do the right thing, but that doesn't mean she's not a hero. You don't have to be a perfect person to do good, it's okay to gently caress up sometimes. It's okay to feel selfish or self conscious, that doesn't make you a bad person that just makes you, well, a person.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Ballz posted:

As a quick aside, tell me more about your avatar, I always watch it cycle through at least once. :allears:

Thanks! I made while I was binging through the Peanuts archives. It’s based on This strip from way early in it’s run:

https://imgur.com/zyx5nYA
(Sorry, phone posting so i can’t embed it atm)

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Oh no Pasq's hair is turning paler when she's sad again.
Also the crying laughing thing is super real I'm still amazed at how this dumb comic about poop jokes is one of the most realistic portrayals of teenage depression I've ever seen.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

readingatwork posted:

Thanks! I made while I was binging through the Peanuts archives. It’s based on This strip from way early in it’s run:

https://imgur.com/zyx5nYA
(Sorry, phone posting so i can’t embed it atm)

Early Peanuts was so good, I need to grab the first volume or two of the Fantagraphics collection.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Leroy Dennui posted:

What does the actual waveform sound like?

Pasq is absolutely doing the Gollum/Smegol voices

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Telling your depressed, self-depreciating side to go gently caress itself cause it ain't nothin' special hit a little too close to home. :smith:

Having your dad bug your room in order to get blackmail material on you also hit a little too close to home. :smith:

That proper banana bread protocol, tho'. :unsmith:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Banana bread is gross. And all bananas which aren't kind of green anymore are as well. Sorry Pasquallo.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Banana bread is gross. And all bananas which aren't kind of green anymore are as well. Sorry Pasquallo.

jesus christ

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I mean, her general point still stands. People are precious and important, no matter how much they talk themselves down. And she certainly deserves to be happy without having to fake a good mood, or giving up her dreams and personality to please others. She's a good kid, who strives to do the right thing, because she likes the world around her and sees potential in the little things. I hope she'll realize how her attempts to make the world a better place might actually come from a place of love, rather than from self deceit.

But her retort was just awful. I tend to just toss bananas if I don't get to eat them the first day. They get mushy, start to smell and taste way to much like sweet vomit afterwards.

EDIT: Huh, I never knew I had such strong opinions about bananas. Thanks for making me realize an important and correct aspect of my character. I will treasure this and will probably never change my mind about that.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 11, 2018

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

I mean, her general point still stands. People are precious and important, no matter how much they talk themselves down. And she certainly deserves to be happy without having to fake a good mood, or giving up her dreams and personality to please others. She's a good kid, who strives to do the right thing, because she likes the world around her and sees potential in the little things. I hope she'll realize how her attempts to make the world a better place might actually come from a place of love, rather than from self deceit.

But her retort was just awful. I tend to just toss bananas if I don’t get to eat them the first day.

JESUS CHRIST

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

But her retort was just awful. I tend to just toss bananas if I don't get to eat them the first day. They get mushy, start to smell and taste way to much like sweet vomit afterwards.

EDIT: Huh, I never knew I had such strong opinions about bananas. Thanks for making me realize an important and correct aspect of my character. I will treasure this and will probably never change my mind about that.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how First World Problems are you?

(Hint: it's 10.)

Anyway, nthing the whole "holy poo poo this hits close to home" vibe. I can't tell you how much I hated my habitual niceness as a teenager, and it really feels real seeing it in a character. A+ writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

After one day??? Is your fridge broken, do you live directly on the equator, what is happening here???