Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Brock/Roman was far worse than HHH/Reigns at WM32 and HHH/Orton at WM25, two of the worst Mania main events ever. It was awe-inspiringly bad. Truly spectacular in its awfulness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

The Braun match has the rare but not unheard of distinction of being successfully nominated as both a MOTYC and a WMOTYC

Edit: Asuka vs Charlotte has been updated to MOTYC

I think this has only happened at Wrestlemania.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

MassRafTer posted:

I think this has only happened at Wrestlemania.

Sting vs Trips IIRC

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
i feel like giving roman vs brock anything would be too much because it deserves nothing really. that said i'm nthing it as the wmotyc

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

:laffo: WrestleMania as a whole sounds like an absolute trainwreck

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
In terms of pure crowd apathy that might be the worst Mania main event ever

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

extradite THIS! posted:

:laffo: WrestleMania as a whole sounds like an absolute trainwreck

The preshow is dire but the first half of the main show was pretty good but then it fell off a cliff after the Ronda match

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'm trying to pinpoint the exact time the crowd died, and it was probably after the Asuka/Charlotte match or the Ronda match.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Do not even ask posted:

The preshow is dire but the first half of the main show was pretty good but then it fell off a cliff after the Ronda match

Only one preshow match was bad

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nah, started dying off somewhere during AJ/Shinsuke.

Still reacted to the bigger spots in the Raw women’s, but totally dead for the last two.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

HM: Asuka vs Charlotte
HM: Kurt Angle & Rhonda Rousey vs HHH & Stephanie McMahon
WMOTYC: Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon vs Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens
WMOTYC: Nia Jax vs Alexa Bliss
WMOTYC: AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura
HM: Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar

I know there are matches that are technically worse but I partially judge based upon what I've seen the wrestlers do before and the tag and AJ vs Nakamura were both way below what was expected of them.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

TTBF posted:

HM: Asuka vs Charlotte
HM: Kurt Angle & Rhonda Rousey vs HHH & Stephanie McMahon
WMOTYC: Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon vs Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens
WMOTYC: Nia Jax vs Alexa Bliss
WMOTYC: AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura
HM: Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar

I know there are matches that are technically worse but I partially judge based upon what I've seen the wrestlers do before and the tag and AJ vs Nakamura were both way below what was expected of them.

How on earth is Roman v brock HM

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

That was an aggressively fine wrestlemania

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

OldTennisCourt posted:

given their other noms I assume they were just randomly picking matches and acronyms and just managed to get a couple right by mistake

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

That was an aggressively fine wrestlemania

That's the problem. With thetalent you have "aggressively fine" isn't enough.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

OldTennisCourt posted:

I think it was a good match that was doomed from the start to have no one care about it. I think a lot of people are going to overlook or have outright disdain for it solely based upon who was in it, but I did like the match itself. I don't think a better crowd would have pushed it to a MOTYC, but it would have pushed it from a weaker HM to a strong HM.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

SalTheBard posted:

That's the problem. With thetalent you have "aggressively fine" isn't enough.

Yeah it’s a bummer

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TTBF posted:

I think it was a good match that was doomed from the start to have no one care about it. I think a lot of people are going to overlook or have outright disdain for it solely based upon who was in it, but I did like the match itself. I don't think a better crowd would have pushed it to a MOTYC, but it would have pushed it from a weaker HM to a strong HM.

It was 6 F5's, 4 Superman Punches, couple of spears, a handful of germans and belly to bellys and that's it. I think that was literally every move in the match. Like i've seen decent matches run on that or less but this wasn't it.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Apr 9, 2018

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
I enjoyed it, and thought it was a logical and consistent with the Brock and Roman characters. I’d second the hm.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
MOTYC Asuka/Charlotte, Wrestlemania 34: This needed five more minutes (that they could have taken from the Cena/Taker crap). As it stands, it was well wrestled, got its story across even with the shortness, and was the best match of the event. It wouldn't have been out of place on a TakeOver card.

WMOTYC: Brock Lesnar/Roman Reigns, Wrestlemania 34: This was the steaming squirt of diarrhea on top of the poo poo sandwich that was WM34. gently caress you Vince for subjecting paying customers to this dumpster fire of a main event.

Schroedingers MOTYC/WMOTYC The Bar v Braun Strowman/Nicholas: This is the perfect 50/50 match of bad and good. The hot tag to Nicholas was awesome, as was the fact Braun picked him out of the crowd, but the actual wrestling sucked. This match was kinda like when you warm something up in the microwave and the center is still frozen.

How the gently caress did we go from TakeOver Nola to this toxic sludge?

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
HM: Auska/Charlotte Wrestlemania 34.

5 more minutes and I would have bumped it up.

HM: Rousy/Angle vs. Authority, Wrestlemania 34

Imagine a high production inter-gender tag match from Beyond wrestling and you get this match. Thoroughly engaging.

WMOTYC: Lesnar/Reigns, Wrestlemania 34

You know how some people who never watch NJPW think it's all big moves and finisher spam? That was my feeling watching this match

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

TTBF posted:

I'll nth the match for a HM mainly because the crowd set out to hate it which made it way more worse than it was

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Nia vs Alexa was a good match with a good finish. You're crazy people. Veto that WMOTY nom

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I wouldn't say good, but it wasnt bad, was actually booked properly and the right person won

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Alexa and Nia both looked good and did cool spots. Alexa is a good heel and looked vicious working the knee.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
nia/alexa should have been about as long and had the same content as the taker/cena match but yeah it was good. i did like nia killing mickie james convincingly enough that she just disappeared immediately. get that paycheck, mickie.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Alexa is usually pretty mehhhhh at leading a match but she did well.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Alexa/Nia should have been a short squash, maybe extended a bit by Mickie loving around, but that's the worst I can really say. The match was perfectly fine and nowhere near WMOTY.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They were never going to squash one of their new faces of the company.

(Yeah I know they did to Cena but that's different.)

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

HM: Finn Bálor vs Seth Rollins vs The Miz, WrestleMania 34
HM: Asuka vs Charlotte Flair, WrestleMania 34

Now... What can I say, I loving loved this match. Spectacle to the max, booked to (99.99 %) perfection and featured one of the best in-ring debuts of all time. Maybe it's just because my expectations were extremely low but gently caress it:

MOTYC: Kurt Angle & Rhonda Rousey vs Triple H & Stephanie McMahon, WrestleMania 34

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
im rewatching it, and i gotta say i gave brock/roman too little credit. brock countering the spear with the jumping knee was pretty cool actually, so it had that going for it.

boy after that when it gets into the f5's all in a row holy poo poo.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Say what you will about the match, Cena reacting to Undertaker sitting up like he saw a mouse was the spot of the weekend

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

HM: Caristico vs. Mistico - CMLL Puebla 4-9-18 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aA9O79Rric&t=6812s

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC

Caristico vs Mistico 4/9 CMLL Arena Puebla

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I'll go HM on Caristico vs Mistico

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

WMOTY nominations for AJ/Shinsuke and Brock/Roman? :laffo:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

bradzilla posted:

WMOTY nominations for AJ/Shinsuke and Brock/Roman? :laffo:

yeah they sucked and were boring.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

aj/nakamura ended at what should've been the first real-close count. if they'd popped up, had 5-6 more minutes at a higher pace it would've been a lot better

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Yeah, poo poo, the only one before who seemingly hadn't kicked out of the Clash was, like, Ellsworth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

Yeah, poo poo, the only one before who seemingly hadn't kicked out of the Clash was, like, Ellsworth

this is what pissed me off more than anything about that match. They've turned that into his five knuckle shuffle and then suddenly it stops Nakamura dead at WrestleMania.