Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Something about that panel makes me think of Nightwing fighting drug pushers in Bludhaven reminiscing like, ah, those were the days, when me and Bruce had that giant glass house and we kicked back on the sofa while foiling crooks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Gotham crooks are just the dumbest... Going at that thing with guns...

You put a hosepipe in one of the air holes, and corks in the others.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Elfface posted:

Gotham crooks are just the dumbest... Going at that thing with guns...

Hey now! Gotham criminals aren't dumb, they just need help sometimes. They're a special lot.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

X-O posted:

Hey now! Gotham criminals aren't dumb, they just need help sometimes. They're a special lot.

They know who they are, those labels are for the benefit of the guy they're mugging.

"Oh good, the pizza's... wait, you're not the pizza guy!"

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Choco1980 posted:

I'm reminded of his first appearance in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon. He and Spidey go back and forth trading verbal barbs, and then Spider-man has to stop and go "Hey, nice banter!!". And he's right, because all the villains up til then had been pretty dull in the mid-fight lines department.

It was a good way of showing him as a legitimate threat, somehow. And besides the prison episode, his writing was always top notch Goblin.

Real shame the series was replaced with the USM one.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kicking goon best goon

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wonder Woman looks so forlorn.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Say Nothing posted:

Definitely on the short list of things I need to hear Kevin Conroy line readings for.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Say Nothing posted:

This is even better within the context of Batman and Catwoman recently making out like horny teenagers on the tunnel of love ride.

Bruce is like one of those kids from a sheltered background that goes crazy in college.

RocknRollaAyatollah fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 9, 2018

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

This is even better within the context of Batman and Catwoman recently making out like horny teenagers on the tunnel of love ride.

Bruce is like one of those kids from a sheltered background that goes crazy in college.

Incidentally, for anyone confused, that’s Clark and Lois in the Batman and Catwoman costumes and Bruce and Selina in the swan that follows. The amusement park they all went to had a “dress up” night and you couldn’t get in without a costume. So Bruce and Clark swapped outfits, and Lois wore Selina’s outfit, but I don’t remember how Selina got away with not wearing a costume.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Proteus Jones posted:

Incidentally, for anyone confused, that’s Clark and Lois in the Batman and Catwoman costumes and Bruce and Selina in the swan that follows. The amusement park they all went to had a “dress up” night and you couldn’t get in without a costume. So Bruce and Clark swapped outfits, and Lois wore Selina’s outfit, but I don’t remember how Selina got away with not wearing a costume.

She meowed at the attendant

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Yeah she basically just made him cream his shorts and they went on in while he was distracted

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Marvel Two-In-One #5

Zdarsky should be writing F4.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

I don't think you can get much more sheltered than "sent away to boarding school to avoid being raised by the butler".

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Batman quite literally spends his life wearing fetish gear in his parents' basement while mentoring teenage boys and dating a woman who pretends to be a cat.

I know that's an old joke from a Wonderella strip loads of regulars here know, but it bears repeating-- that is literally what Bruce Wayne does with his time.

Dude is arrested development personified.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Some words have gained new meanings over time. And for once, this one isn't the word 'gay'.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I guess I'm going to have to be the clueless idiot who needs the joke explained to them.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I think it's a gay joke? Where a bear is a big hairy guy?

Unless there's a new meaning to 'faded' or 'lads' I'm too old to know about?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Faded can also mean stoned/baked/high/whathaveyou

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Thaddius the Large posted:

That's pretty niche.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Look at those two olds who clearly never chilled and got faded. You gotta relax and let the herb do its magic, dudes.

e;f,b

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Look at the face that bear is making, he faded as hell

People really don't know that word? It's in "first of the month"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Toshimo posted:

That's pretty niche.

its not niche at all actually you incredibly old man

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

purple death ray posted:

Look at the face that bear is making, he faded as hell

It's in what?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

purple death ray posted:

I'm assuming I'm just really out of touch or old for not knowing what that is either.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

SilverSupernova posted:

I'm assuming I'm just really out of touch or old for not knowing what that is either.

It's in the song 1st of tha Monthby Bone Thugs-n-Harmony. I always assumed it was related to "fading" your hair, since the next line was about braids, but maybe I am the lame, uncool one.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Toshimo posted:

It's in the song 1st of tha Monthby Bone Thugs-n-Harmony. I always assumed it was related to "fading" your hair, since the next line was about braids, but maybe I am the lame, uncool one.

Is that the song that Chris Rock described as a "welfare carol"?

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

prefect posted:

Is that the song that Chris Rock described as a "welfare carol"?

Yup.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Much like the bear in the comic, a lot of people in this thread are white as hell.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Bruceski posted:

It's in what?

Wake up.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Thaddius the Large posted:

And here when I think of "fade" as a slang term, I think of it as covering someone else's bet.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This conversation is fading fast.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Toshimo posted:

It's in the song 1st of tha Monthby Bone Thugs-n-Harmony.

I was inspired by this whole conversation to use that sense of the word in a sentence in class so my students could identify slang and write without it, and everyone above 20 got it but my teenagers did not. Young kids must not be listening to the classics anymore.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Less talk about BiggerJ's dumb post, more funny panels.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

ecavalli posted:

Less talk about BiggerJ's dumb post, more funny panels.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shows how much ol' Ted actually knew.

:(

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
What's the funniest superhero unmasking you can think of? I feel like it's a story element with a lot of potential since with the kind of persona Bruce Wayne projects, discovering that he's Batman should be like discovering that Perez Hilton is a superhero.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Keeshhound posted:

What's the funniest superhero unmasking you can think of? I feel like it's a story element with a lot of potential since with the kind of persona Bruce Wayne projects, discovering that he's Batman should be like discovering that Perez Hilton is a superhero.

The one in the Justice League Unlimited cartoon where Flash and Lex Luthor swap bodies. Lex goes and unmasks himself saying "Well, at least I'll know who Flash is" and doesn't recognize him. Which makes sense. Why would a billionaire super-villain from metropolis recognize the face of a random dude from Keystone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPefOfu2TIU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Flash in Lex's body uses the restroom and doesn't wash his hands. Because he's eeeevil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Endless Mike posted:

Flash in Lex's body uses the restroom and doesn't wash his hands. Because he's eeeevil.

Him frantically throwing cafeteria food at the Justice League once he's found out is great too.