Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

The Management posted:

okay with building a panopticon that spies on literally everyone.
okay with running the world’s largest conspiracy theory and terror incitement platform.
okay with creating an OS that compromises the data security of billions of people.
okay with campaign donations to some of the biggest scumbag republicans.

but the military, that’s evil.

gotta draw the line somewhere, evidently right at "powering literal killing machines"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
somebody make a google death counter site

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

The Management posted:

okay with running the world’s largest conspiracy theory and terror incitement platform.
okay with creating an OS that compromises the data security of billions of people.

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
i wonder what they'll do when gcp announces government regions

or is plausible deniability a thing when the government specifically asks for cloud vision to be available there

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

The Management posted:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

ugh, adjust the tracking around their legs

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

neat crumple zone on those safety pants

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
google where can i get pants that don't fit me in any way, shape, or form

Just-In-Timeberlake fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Apr 9, 2018

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lovely

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

A challenger to the throne of Ballmer

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
so whos the middle guy

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

A challenger to the throne of Ballmer

idk, he's not dripping sweat with visible pit stains

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

poty posted:

so whos the middle guy

saudi crown prince mohammed bin salman

poty
Jun 21, 2008

ok and why are the prince and sundar with the guy from how i met your mother

is he also in the market for killer drones

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yes, very much so.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

poty posted:

ok and why are the prince and sundar with the guy from how i met your mother

is he also in the market for killer drones

that guy from how i met your mother is sergey brinn

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

ok google seems to be straight up ignoring my spam filters at random now. a recruiter cold-emailed me about stupid bullshit last week and i flagged it as spam. they just now sent a follow-up asking why i hadn't responded which went to my inbox.

do these spam filters loving work or not

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

can you pay to bypass the filter?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

the headhunter probably paid more for access to your inbox than you did so i'm going to go with yes

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rex-Goliath posted:

ok google seems to be straight up ignoring my spam filters at random now. a recruiter cold-emailed me about stupid bullshit last week and i flagged it as spam. they just now sent a follow-up asking why i hadn't responded which went to my inbox.

do these spam filters loving work or not

i'm going to guess that spam filters aren't individual and it takes a number of people marking a sender as spam to actually get sent to spam.

also he probably paid more

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
apparently if you have enough money and/or buds at google you can become a "trusted flagger" on youtube to help you quickly take down things you don't like https://twitter.com/GrayzoneProject/status/983419245299023878

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Endless Mike posted:

i'm going to guess that spam filters aren't individual and it takes a number of people marking a sender as spam to actually get sent to spam.

also he probably paid more

i was under the impression that if you flagged something as spam it automatically caused all future emails from them to be filtered- regardless if they get placed in the larger filter or not

why else would the automatically remove your email if that wasn't the case?

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

they are individual but not wholly, I thought they were still fundamentally dumb bags of Bayesian statistics. paid access sounds right, if you can pay enough you can get access to whatever, that’s part of tors bag yeah?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Rex-Goliath posted:

i was under the impression that if you flagged something as spam it automatically caused all future emails from them to be filtered- regardless if they get placed in the larger filter or not

why else would the automatically remove your email if that wasn't the case?

Instead of marking as spam, use "block" from the dropdown right next to reply button when you open the message, that will send any email from that sender straight into spam.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Celexi posted:

Instead of marking as spam, use "block" from the dropdown right next to reply button when you open the message, that will send any email from that sender straight into spam.
ah, yes,

Only registered members can see post attachments!

poty
Jun 21, 2008

people unironically use inbox?

the button is there on classic good gmail

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

who the gently caress uses inbox? I am talking about gmail:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

anthonypants posted:

apparently if you have enough money and/or buds at google you can become a "trusted flagger" on youtube to help you quickly take down things you don't like https://twitter.com/GrayzoneProject/status/983419245299023878

this is by virulent antisemite (and anti-Israeli) max blumenthal, whose content is a mixture of propaganda and hate speech. so good job ADL I guess.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Celexi posted:

why the gently caress does flagging a message as spam not do this

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Rex-Goliath posted:

why the gently caress does flagging a message as spam not do this

because people constantly mark stuff they unknowingly signed up for as spam

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The Management posted:

this is by virulent antisemite (and anti-Israeli) max blumenthal, whose content is a mixture of propaganda and hate speech. so good job ADL I guess.

Seems like the only evidence that he is an antisemite is that he compares Israel to the nazis and he's not wrong so

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

qirex posted:

....but they just flagged it as spam. that's a pretty clear indication that they don't want it anymore

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

just because that email was spam doesn't mean all mail from that sender is, obv

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
goog thread gettin spicy

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the new android clocks is there's like five different microphone icons that open up different voice input methods.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Blue Train posted:

just because that email was spam doesn't mean all mail from that sender is, obv

they reply-all'd the previous message but yeah i'm just gonna block from now on

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

qirex posted:

then it's spam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
"well actually this isn't actually spam since actually spam has a very clear definition actually"

- every spammer since the 90s

• Locked thread