Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Hey maybe you guys are the ones to ask. Where should I look for a laz-y-boy recliner for a 7" figure?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rirse posted:

They have that still at work :rip: but heard Movie Shuri getting a two (or was it three) pack entry at some point.

Well I hope that’s true! :toot:

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Two questions:

I’ve seen a few people with the IKEA display cases using some sort of clear plastic risers or platforms to give their figures 2-3 levels to stand on. What are those?

Second question: What is the best bang for the buck figure stand for Marvel Legends stuff?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Two questions:

I’ve seen a few people with the IKEA display cases using some sort of clear plastic risers or platforms to give their figures 2-3 levels to stand on. What are those?

Second question: What is the best bang for the buck figure stand for Marvel Legends stuff?

Might be the Copco 3 Tier Cabinet Organizer that you can find at Amazon or Bed Bath & Beyond. I got several and they are really great for standing figures on.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036OQU56/

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Found a Donglover Lando at my Target. Looked good. Weird brown paint on his nose. Didn’t buy.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Still kinda hoping before the trucks run out the Solo wave appears. Seem to got a lot of Incredible 2 and a few random Jurassic World 2 stuff now, but only nerf guns for Solo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Solo looked good too, but very bored.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Is 4-LOM part of the Solo wave? Seems crazy that it would get a release ahead of the Dengar that was announced months before.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Is 4-LOM part of the Solo wave? Seems crazy that it would get a release ahead of the Dengar that was announced months before.

Unless she was bought, all I saw was Lando, 2 Hans, and two Rando Empire dudes.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

CelticPredator posted:

Unless she was bought, all I saw was Lando, 2 Hans, and two Rando Empire dudes.

Weird, it seems pretty inconsistent. YakFace and a few other dudes found him with the Solo stuff, but who knows. It's been more common lately, I know a bunch of LCSs who received the previous wave minus all the Rexes.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Can't believe they cast anime Nicholas Cage with poopy beard to play Captain America in the new movies

https://marvelousnews.com/ig.php?mode=view&album=Tamashii-Nations%2F2018-c2e2&pic=SH-Figuarts03.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0&sl=23025

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

4-LOM and the chick from Solo are part of the second wave that has a terrible case pack so very few retailers ordered it.

If you miss it they’ll likely be shipping straight cases of 4-LOM later in the year.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

They've been showing off Krillin at different shows, which has apparently been a past indicator that an old figure is getting a reissue. It's most definitely coming.

Hmm, okay thanks for the info. I've got a few TMNT boxes on the way, so I'll see how it goes.

I’ve got a poo poo ton, let me know if you’re looking for any. The MOTU and Mega Man lines are my favorite.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Two questions:

I have bought a few boxes of the Tamashii "stage" line of stands. They are usually like fifteen bucks for a box that's got a few stands and a bunch of arms. If you get the ones designed for robot figures they often have a sturdier arm that you can hear clicking as you adjust it. But most ML figures don't have a hole in the back for the little pegs, so you're stuck using the little Dr Octopus claw hands around their waist (or thighs, depending-you can make decent flying/hovering poses like this) unless you want to drill a new hole. I found a dremel bit that was almost that exact size and have drilled a few of my dudes. It works pretty well.

You might try NECAs figure stands, they look pretty solid considering how much heavier a NECA figure is compared to the imports that the Tamashii stages are designed for. I do think you get less in a pack thought and I don't know about the price.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Can't believe they cast anime Nicholas Cage with poopy beard to play Captain America in the new movies

https://marvelousnews.com/ig.php?mode=view&album=Tamashii-Nations%2F2018-c2e2&pic=SH-Figuarts03.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0&sl=23025

At least that figure can do the classic Captain America turd squat pose. Very important.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I just saw Hot Toys is making a 1/4 scale MCU Infinity Gauntlet. What's the point of this? Why would this scale be at all desirable?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Cocks Cable posted:

I just saw Hot Toys is making a 1/4 scale MCU Infinity Gauntlet. What's the point of this? Why would this scale be at all desirable?

I think it would look good on a shelf plus it lights up, wouldn't dominate the shelf like 1:1 would?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Marvel Legends gauntlet is ugly. I have the $20 bank sitting on a shelf and it looks comic accurate and awesome.

Edit: Wal-Mart recently restocked some ML Thor's Hammers and one of them has a really beat to hell box and is marked $66. I put it on hold and might go pick it up today.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 11, 2018

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Aaah, Witcher 3 Nendoroid is amazing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rirse posted:

TRU stuff

So are you the last man standing? A fellow toy nerd here in town just picked up a temp gig at TRU because all but two of the staff just quit showing up.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Vintersorg posted:

Aaah, Witcher 3 Nendoroid is amazing.

Goddammit stop making me want to get a Nendo.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

So are you the last man standing? A fellow toy nerd here in town just picked up a temp gig at TRU because all but two of the staff just quit showing up.

Nah, only two people quit at my work, one was the bike assembler who jumped ship immediately even through they worked there for about ten years. Other was just a pickup who been there for two years who hated working there and was already working at a hospital so he was going to leave anyway. They did bring in some new people, mostly refugees from the closed Baby R Us next door, but a few random seasonal people who didn't get kept and boyfriends of two of the co-workers.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I don't think any of you guys do, but just asking; what's a good place to find modern g.i.joe stuff, 25th-30th era figures.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Black Series 6" Scale Dewback is up on Amazon!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ka0 posted:

I don't think any of you guys do, but just asking; what's a good place to find modern g.i.joe stuff, 25th-30th era figures.

I have a bunch. There’s some I’d like to keep but I may be down to sell a few.

But let me see if I can find em.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
New HT Cap looks good, and I love the scale under armor look for him, but man that sculpt does not resemble Evans so much as someone who tried to make a realistic ken doll.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s the old one angle problem again.

It looks like him from below and slightly to the side but no other way.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea, even in the face front view it still looks more like Hemsworth when he's looking downward.

I still am kinda stunned they didn't go with the angry/yelling sculpt option for the part in the trailer when he's fighting Thanos. Especially at the price they are selling them for.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 13, 2018

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Ka0 posted:

I've had good dealings with the people at smalljoes.com back when they had some transformers stuff.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
For how much you pay for Hot Toys, I'd never bother with some of those likenesses. They're fine for a normal figure, but at that price point it better look like the actual person, otherwise what the gently caress.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
S.H. Figuarts Bulma rules:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Fuzz posted:

For how much you pay for Hot Toys, I'd never bother with some of those likenesses. They're fine for a normal figure, but at that price point it better look like the actual person, otherwise what the gently caress.

Most of them look great. Few of them look off. I don't own those.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea, the ones I buy look like the person they are supposed to look like. It used to be "HOLY gently caress THESE ARE LIKE 179 BUCKS", and now it's like " HOLY gently caress THESE ARE 270 BUCKS" so yea, the bar for purchase got raised pretty high as well.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's a dynamic pose but I'm just wondering how many of these are gonna arrive at the store already snapped at the ankle

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I unironically think that the B&R suits have the best "outside-undies" design. There's probably been like collectively 10 hours of behind-the-scenes footage of directors going "uwaa it's just so wacky! Too wacky! Me underwears!" and mugging when the answer is to just not go with tighty whities.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's a dynamic pose but I'm just wondering how many of these are gonna arrive at the store already snapped at the ankle

I would assume in the package it's suspended by stryrofoam or at least plastic so there's no weight on the ankle in the box.

That's an extreme pose for weight balance though. Hope she didn't skip leg day.

(Also it seems like they wanted to pose her rushing forward for an attack, but then gave her the neutral expression looking to the side.)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

(Also it seems like they wanted to pose her rushing forward for an attack, but then gave her the neutral expression looking to the side.)

It makes more sense when you put it next to the Mythra figure

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rushing the enemy for a fatal blow and someone off to the side yells "Cheese!"

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

i'm sure the plot to this is very cerebral and engaging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s Xenoblade 2. They’re swords.