Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Evil Badman posted:

Bet on wrestling.

Yeah, a bunch of odds started dropping like a rock after I posted that, but I didn't want to double post. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
My chance to win the prediction game RUINED :negative:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Did Vince specifically try to gently caress over the bookies tonight?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Darkstar, how much money could i have made predicting nicholas cone as Braun's partner

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

projecthalaxy posted:

Darkstar, how much money could i have made predicting nicholas cone as Braun's partner

$0. Because the kid was Shane's son. Now gimmie your :10bux:, nerd.

And no, he didn't try to gently caress over the bookies, at least not intentionally. Smart money was coming in, just no one important noticed. I mean I saw it coming in, but like I said, I didn't want to bump the thread. Like I knew Lesnar was going to win the moment Roman went from -875 to +140 in the span of roughly five hours. Same goes for Asuka, although she was still the favorite when she lost, although the steep drop in odds was what tipped me off. Going from -825 to -505 in an hour raises some red flags. Especially on a market that wasn't moving for several days.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Apr 9, 2018

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

It wasn't Shane's son it was a ref's now you in fact owe ME ten bucks!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

DarkstarIV posted:

$0. Because the kid was Shane's son. Now gimmie your :10bux:, nerd.

And no, he didn't try to gently caress over the bookies, at least not intentionally. Smart money was coming in, just no one important noticed. I mean I saw it coming in, but like I said, I didn't want to bump the thread. Like I knew Lesnar was going to win the moment Roman went from -875 to +140 in the span of roughly five hours. Same goes for Asuka, although she was still the favorite when she lost, although the steep drop in odds was what tipped me off. Going from -825 to -505 in an hour raises some red flags. Especially on a market that wasn't moving for several days.

Why post the bogus lines and not wait to post the smart lines? Who cares about bumping a thread 10 of us read.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Maybe he wants to trick us into committing the cool crime (in most of the US) of sports gambling so he can arrest us

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

projecthalaxy posted:

Maybe he wants to trick us into committing the cool crime (in most of the US) of sports gambling so he can arrest us

Just send us a link to 5 dimes that triggers the police when we click on it.

I'm in Australia now so sports betting is legal for me.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Strawberry Panda posted:

Why post the bogus lines and not wait to post the smart lines? Who cares about bumping a thread 10 of us read.

He was bumping the thread all week with absolute nothing and then the real stuff hits and he expresses restraint. :v:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I like going back and seeing the betting odds and if they were right.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

who's getting called up!!!! gimme the scoops

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Leaning towards yes: AOP, Iconic Duo

Still in the Maybe category: Almas, Ember, Jose, Sanity

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Mob posted:

Leaning towards yes: AOP, Iconic Duo

Still in the Maybe category: Almas, Ember, Jose, Sanity

I feel like if Ember comes up, she'll be on whatever brand the Iconic Duo aren't on.

...I hope for Itami's health they aren't on Smackdown, otherwise they'll torment him again.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Almas and Seth need to feud

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

Almas and Seth need to feud

Oh gently caress yes. Get in.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

What space could there possibly be for No Way Jose, except as a weekly reminder for that time Graves called some jobber "Perhaps Not Jorge".

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Cabbit posted:

What space could there possibly be for No Way Jose, except as a weekly reminder for that time Graves called some jobber "Perhaps Not Jorge".

Well Corey he just loves to have fun!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I keep forgetting No Way Jose exists.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He was just on Wrestlemania.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cabbit posted:

Roman comes out and demands a rematch with Brock tonight and No Way Jose's music hits and he comes out and destroys Roman.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cabbit posted:

"Who is this Jose and why does he keep getting denied?" is still one of my favorite calls

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Nah, we are getting Brock Lesnar getting destroyed by the true MMA fighter...Bobby Lashley. And it will lead to the return of do-rag vince.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mania 35: Reigns Crowned For Real This Time

in the ultimate match, Big Dog vs Lashley

Spear vs Spear

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sanity should come up and feud with Woken Matt and Bray.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Take it with a grain of salt, but there is speculation floating around that the next Superstar Shakeup will be next week on Monday and Tuesday. Or at Backlash.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rovert who's debuting tonight

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

somebody on reddit (yes, I know), said they saw Almas and Vega at the airport this afternoon with a bunch of the other NXT folks.

Said he did not see AOP, Iconic Duo, Ember or Ciampa.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

DarkstarIV posted:

Nah, we are getting Brock Lesnar getting destroyed by the true MMA fighter...Jeff Jarrett.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ain't he great?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

IcePhoenix posted:

Rumor before was Sanity, AOP, Iconic Duo. Obviously could be more and I'm sure not everyone is debuting tonight all on raw. Ember is probably a good bet too

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Midnightghoul posted:

Rumor before was Sanity, AOP, Iconic Duo. Obviously could be more and I'm sure not everyone is debuting tonight all on raw. Ember is probably a good bet too

FWIW that reddit dude saw Dain and Cross at the airport with everyone else

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

Was told Ember, Iconic Duo, AOP and Sanity "will be on tv this week".

Ember is pretty much a lock for Raw.

A flat no on Almas. I think they changed their minds this weekend. Almas has more left to do in NXT now.

Have no idea about No Way Jose.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

FWIW that reddit dude saw Dain and Cross at the airport with everyone else

Out of all acts Sanity should debut via hype videos.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

A flat no on Almas. I think they changed their minds this weekend. Almas has more left to do in NXT now.

Any idea what Ember's first program will be? I assume against Alexa Bliss. Maybe Nia Jax, or maybe Absolution. Maybe Asuka as well, but I really don't think its a good idea to give Asuka another loss this quickly, and if Ember is on RAW, they should probably shuffle Asuka to Smackdown, unless the plan is to do something like Asuka vs Ember for the title at Summerslam.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

Hmmmm, they changed their mind on Almas, and jobbed out Asuka and Shinsuke at WM.... what do these people have in common.... :thunk:

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Gaz-L posted:

Hmmmm, they changed their mind on Almas, and jobbed out Asuka and Shinsuke at WM.... what do these people have in common.... :thunk:

honestly given how hot the match was, and how good the match was, they're leaving money on the table by not finishing the storyline with the rematch. compared to shinsuke which just felt like bullshit

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sanity has to be a lock because they can't have two acts with that War Machine-rear end gear on the same show

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Lashley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

spongeh posted:

honestly given how hot the match was, and how good the match was, they're leaving money on the table by not finishing the storyline with the rematch. compared to shinsuke which just felt like bullshit

Yeah, I think that all depends on if Asuka is moving to Smackdown within the next few weeks or not. If she is, and Charlotte is moving to RAW, I think its pretty much a lock that she's winning the rematch. Or she could take the title from Carmella, because they'll need someone who is strong in the ring to hold down the fort there, and Asuka is still less ruined than Becky.

Also I don't think they'll want Ember, Ronda, Asuka, and Charlotte all on the same brand.