Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/list?title_no=95

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

How did he link this before me.

I guess friendship really is magic.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Go Rak! Rock the world!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Kuhn's enemy's reaction to Baam was great.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Sindai posted:

Kuhn's enemy's reaction to Baam was great.

Following up Jahad straight up murdering someone with similar overkill really helps this scene, I think.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Bernardo Orel posted:

Go Rak! Rock the world!

He ate a rock, and a rock came out.

Why did anyone ever doubt the great leader Rak?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
He even knew it would happen back when he started eating 'em! His logic is always Rak solid.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!
Baam would be pretty scary if we didn't know the character. He's so busy trying to get his attack right that he doesn't notice how terrified Kiseia is at first. Luckily his listening skills are strong from training and exposition dumps.

Even before the later antics, it would be amusing if Rak's ego were what it took to create an enemy that's currently a challenge for Baam. Or even the whole team and whichever favored enemies end up on their side.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I actually find the concept of these totally sentient people created by the hidden floor who just have "I must kill ______" and less self-preservation instincts added to them really interesting. Like, it seems these people are otherwise thinking, living beings just like anyone else.

By the way, is Jahad's strength because he's already accepted the power Baam rejected from the rice pot guardian dude or whatever? I feel like this may have been mentioned but I forget.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I think its that combined with him being a standard irregular. Baam is unusually weak for an irregular currently as far as we know

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I actually find the concept of these totally sentient people created by the hidden floor who just have "I must kill ______" and less self-preservation instincts added to them really interesting. Like, it seems these people are otherwise thinking, living beings just like anyone else.

By the way, is Jahad's strength because he's already accepted the power Baam rejected from the rice pot guardian dude or whatever? I feel like this may have been mentioned but I forget.

Based on the talk of when things changed in the mirror world, I think mirror-Jahad has been significantly changed by something real Jahad did later on

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-294/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=375

Baam basically walks straight to "I am like unto a God" while clone-Viole gets clowned by Khun and Rak... maybe eats enough rocks?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

"Who the hell is stupid enough...to consider a monster like that their sworn enemy?!"

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
The big lady's sworn enemy being a toy NOT made of chocolate was hilarious and kind of adorable :3:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jose posted:

I think its that combined with him being a standard irregular. Baam is unusually weak for an irregular currently as far as we know

Has this actually been stated? Because Baam would actually be steam-rolling things if he were following the path of a normal regular who didn't have unusually strong people hounding him all the time.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Ytlaya posted:

Has this actually been stated? Because Baam would actually be steam-rolling things if he were following the path of a normal regular who didn't have unusually strong people hounding him all the time.

He is unusually weak in that the last few entered the tower already able to be directly compared to current, Immortal, Jahad. The other irregulars would have crushed every foe Baam has met without glancing towards them.

He is still an irregular, so being the weakest doesnt mean that much.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
BTW, Baam is definitely about to save Viole.

Also, wheres hockney??

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

KittyEmpress posted:

He is unusually weak in that the last few entered the tower already able to be directly compared to current, Immortal, Jahad. The other irregulars would have crushed every foe Baam has met without glancing towards them.

He is still an irregular, so being the weakest doesnt mean that much.

Huh, I must have missed where they stated this, unless you're referring to folks like Phantaminum and Enryu who I don't think it makes sense to compare to "normal" Irregulars like Urek, the 10 family leaders, and of course Baam himself (since both of them were special even outside the context of the Tower), so they're a more reasonable point of comparison. As far as I can remember there hasn't really been anything indicating Baam has been notably weaker than Urek was at this stage. We know Urek climbed the Tower the fastest, but his speed doesn't seem unattainable for Baam (that's another thing about Phantaminum/Enryu; they seemingly didn't even need to climb).

Useless Name
May 3, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

As far as I can remember there hasn't really been anything indicating Baam has been notably weaker than Urek was at this stage.

Back in the Hell Train the God of Guardians said that Urek was more powerful than itself, so I think Urek was a monster even above Jahad's party when first entering the tower. The Hell Train was suppose to be an important revolution for Jahad and 12 family heads, while Urek entered already the most powerful thing on the train.

For Bam, his power has increased a lot, but he's also been given a lot of help/weapons. Even back on the 20th floor, SIU said that his shinsoo powers weren't just due to his own training but because of the red lobster they put inside of him back on the 2nd floor.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I actually don't remember whether that red thing has been taken care of or not.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I think the red lobster thing was supposedly related to the Thorn, but now he has the real Thorn, which is also a red thing

Also the Red Thryssa jumped into him so that's a third red thing

It's gotta be getting crowded all up in Baam's soul by this point, right?

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

souls*

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Useless Name posted:

Even back on the 20th floor, SIU said that his shinsoo powers weren't just due to his own training but because of the red lobster they put inside of him back on the 2nd floor.

Wait, what do you mean by "Shinsoo powers" here? His ability to copy, or his ability to easily control shinsoo? I thought those were things he "innately" had.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
The red lobster-y thing isn't a fake Thorn or whatever. It's a remnant of a demon (that may or may not be a Living Ignition Weapon like Beta) that was sealed on the second floor before being sealed inside Baam by FUG. All we know of its power right now is that it can heal Baam, albeit not super-well which is why we've seen it very rarely, and might be capable of using the real Thorn.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
I think the lobster is the Administrator's soul that Thryssa was so shocked to see. Consider how it looked similar to Thryssa once it was punched out of Joe's body.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-295/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=376

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

baam is going to be ridiculous after this arc when he's got a second thorn

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
You say that but he can't even use just the single thorn on its own particularly fully.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I feel like it's a little strange for this "everyone has their own ~true form~ for their shinsoo to take" stuff to only be coming up this late during an experience on an optional floor most people don't go to. You'd think this would be covered in basic shinsoo-ed at the beginning like everything else.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like it's a little strange for this "everyone has their own ~true form~ for their shinsoo to take" stuff to only be coming up this late during an experience on an optional floor most people don't go to. You'd think this would be covered in basic shinsoo-ed at the beginning like everything else.

I don't think it's that unusual. We saw on the second floor shinsoo control at all is absurdly difficult so they obviously wouldn't be able to do something that's even harder and wouldn't bother teaching it. And even on the super special train we're less than a 3rd the way up the tower with this being potentially high level, secretive info.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 2, 2018

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Actually it seems like the crew is getting rushed to the top of the tower. I imagine it actually takes a solid decade of training to even learn this, but we have ditto the punching bag as the main protagonist and his friends have to keep up somehow so they get it done in a month and fight god before he powers up

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

their teams are a few really powerful people and then the hangers on. everyone who is really strong is from one of the major families or had been hanging around the hell train for a long time. Aside from Rak

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

even rak might be special, somehow

e: wangnan is remarkably un-special for being probably the son of jahad aside from being really fuckin hardcore determined

like either he's the son of jahad definitely or all that stuff was misleading because everyone else in the tower is wrong which i would not be surprised if that was the case

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 2, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Rak is special because nobody else was willing to eat rocks to train rock power

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Shugojin posted:

even rak might be special, somehow

e: wangnan is remarkably un-special for being probably the son of jahad aside from being really fuckin hardcore determined

like either he's the son of jahad definitely or all that stuff was misleading because everyone else in the tower is wrong which i would not be surprised if that was the case

Isn't Wangnan is pretty much immortal? He's been mortally wounded several times now and shrugs it off pretty fast.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Wangnan and Karaka both have jahad's immortality in a way kids of the other family leaders don't. Karaka knows he's immortal while wangnan doesn't though

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Rak was obviously extremely special since he ended up in the hidden room after being murdered

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah Wangnan is immortal but he's not like, super strong like a lot of the family kids we have seen and for being the son of Literally Jahad that's kinda weird?

But "kinda weird" is true of literally everything about Jahad so it's par for the course. I really think we don't know even a tiny bit about what he's actually doing, apart from "being really bad at handling rejection".

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Double posting but is this real urek or a data urek or what the gently caress is happening suddenly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-296/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=377%5C