Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

Ok I’ll open my game up soon. Just making sure I have everything set up correctly.

:f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Have there been any setups that had working "time travel" mechanics? or Groundhog's Day type situations?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Have there been any setups that had working "time travel" mechanics? or Groundhog's Day type situations?

You just gave me an idea...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dancer posted:

You just gave me an idea...

I'm intrigued.

I was thinking you'd have to build in some conditionals, and have the game be flipless or heavily janitored, but I haven't thought on it too hard. Was just driving home with mafs on my mind.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I have a 15 person small game ready to go whenever there is space for another small game. Very simple game, very limited in the form of power roles, but some fun flavor.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

I'm intrigued.

I was thinking you'd have to build in some conditionals, and have the game be flipless or heavily janitored, but I haven't thought on it too hard. Was just driving home with mafs on my mind.

I got an insight more from the second half of your statement re: "Groundhog Day". There's the god of time or something, and each day he chooses either 1 or 3 players in secret (not yet sure which I prefer, probably the 3). Before the day starts, the one person decides, or the 3 people decide by secret majority vote, whether at the end of the day we move to the next night, or the day resets as if nothing ever happened; this can only happen once per day. Make the game have a higher-than-average amount of day actions (and maybe remove the penalty for fake day-actions :v: or at least partially), and I reckon this can give the opportunity for some nice bluffing.

Note: Obviously, any flips from stuff like dayvigs would be delayed until end of day, if and only if the day actually ends there.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dancer posted:

I got an insight more from the second half of your statement re: "Groundhog Day". There's the god of time or something, and each day he chooses either 1 or 3 players in secret (not yet sure which I prefer, probably the 3). Before the day starts, the one person decides, or the 3 people decide by secret majority vote, whether at the end of the day we move to the next night, or the day resets as if nothing ever happened; this can only happen once per day. Make the game have a higher-than-average amount of day actions (and maybe remove the penalty for fake day-actions :v: or at least partially), and I reckon this can give the opportunity for some nice bluffing.

Note: Obviously, any flips from stuff like dayvigs would be delayed until end of day, if and only if the day actually ends there.

Oooo this sounds cool

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I played around with the idea for Culture mafia where the game would jump ahead from day 1 to day 3, with a role that essentially thunderdomes two people as the potential lunch targets for day 2 while scum also lock in their night 2 night kills.

Then when Day 3 resolves, everything goes to day 2. It was far too complicated and I think too unfair to scum, essentially.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I was considering roles in a hypothetical Zero Escape mafia that treated the day as different days: voting to change the past or blind voting for the future, everyone with multiple lives and potentially multiple roles, basically play three games at once with stuff potentially affecting other “games” from within one “game”

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I have a setup with a time travel mechanic that I've been sitting on for a few years. The theme is... completely ridiculous.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Little Mac posted:

I have a setup with a time travel mechanic that I've been sitting on for a few years. The theme is... completely ridiculous.

I'm ready.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Little Mac posted:

I seemed to have asked the right sequence of questions this day. Is it the next League :D

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I seemed to have asked the right sequence of questions this day. Is it the next League :D

Haha it's actually not! I have a lot of games designed. The League spiritual sequel is... more normal than most, ha. Coming in April, tho!

The time travel game is called "Past, President, and Future" and I'll leave it at that.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Little Mac posted:

Haha it's actually not! I have a lot of games designed. The League spiritual sequel is... more normal than most, ha. Coming in April, tho!

The time travel game is called "Past, President, and Future" and I'll leave it at that.

The Conduit?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GeneX posted:

I was considering roles in a hypothetical Zero Escape mafia that treated the day as different days: voting to change the past or blind voting for the future, everyone with multiple lives and potentially multiple roles, basically play three games at once with stuff potentially affecting other “games” from within one “game”

i can't believe all mafia games are just visual novels now

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i am proud to announce umineko mafia, house in fata morgana mafia, and sweet fuse mafia

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
actually all three of those would be pretty good mafia games wow i am a genius

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Snooze Cruise posted:

i can't believe all mafia games are just visual novels now

I mean, is that actually a bad thing if the VN is good

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Snooze Cruise posted:

actually all three of those would be pretty good mafia games wow i am a genius

the genius mafia

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GeneX posted:

I mean, is that actually a bad thing if the VN is good

GeneX i never got a chance to ask, blue saber or red saber?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Snooze how come u dont maf anymore

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Snooze Cruise posted:

GeneX i never got a chance to ask, blue saber or red saber?

I hate that series and its creator’s decision to turn historical figures into his own personal jerkoff material, thus ruining a fantastic concept

So neither, they both suck

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
Forget to check the Mafia thread for a few years

Come back to find the exact same discussions.

It's good to be home.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GeneX posted:

I hate that series and its creator’s decision to turn historical figures into his own personal jerkoff material, thus ruining a fantastic concept

So neither, they both suck

you are making a game based on the series where one of the biggest twists is foreshadow by the fact that the dude keeps creeping out every female character in the game when he hits on them because he is actually an old man and doesn't realize it and has a character with a design like this

you have fallen into my trap muhahaha

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the truth is genex, there is no such thing as a good visual novel, muahahaha!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Leif. posted:

Forget to check the Mafia thread for a few years

Come back to find the exact same discussions.

It's good to be home.

Wassup Swat?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

With all the role madness and games with added complexities to them going on, I put together a simple 15 person small game.

VERY role-lite. This is not a "solve with night actions" style game as there are no night actions beyond killing.

Come experience the -

Terror Aboard the USCSS Pequod

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

Somberbrero posted:

Wassup Swat?

Sup fam, good to see so many Mafia OGs still here.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Leif. posted:

Sup fam, good to see so many Mafia OGs still here.

We're all automations, we simply repeat what we are programmed to. There hasn't been a human mafia player in half a decade.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

We're all automations, we simply repeat what we are programmed to. There hasn't been a human mafia player in half a decade.

Beep boop.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

CCKeane posted:

Yo, what’s up, it’s your boy Meinberg! Here to remind you to smash those like and subscribe buttons, ring the notification bell, and leave behind some dopes comments! Peace!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If it's your first time visiting the stream, check the top of the page to see if you have a Twitch Prime free subscription. Everyone gets one, and it costs nothing to you!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

So what do YOU think should be done about lurkers? Leave a comment below!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I've been a member of this community for ten yearsKILL ME

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

I've been a member of this community for ten yearsKILL ME

Ok, Pm me your addresss

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mr. F! posted:

Ok, Pm me your addresss

Don't do it Sandwolf. It's a trick. He's gonna send you bees.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
send me bees

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I wouldn't hate receiving beads in the mail

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze how come u dont maf anymore

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this, but the reason is a few months back I tore my ACL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this