Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I finally had a chance to listen to some of their DC stuff and it really was amazing how quick Fez was with the comedy. He was pretty solid and quick with the lines....but honestly, seeing what happened when he went to New York, he probably should have just resigned and went back to Florida after DC was done. Fez is only going to be happy if he's back home, and nothing will ever change that.

The whole trip for him to Sirius and the resultant multi-year collapse was just a waste of time and effort. And the career sabotage he did to himself instead of trying to make it in New York is something extraordinary to behold. I don't think he's gay, he's just not sane, nor never will be.

Ron always gave the impression it was the other way round, Fez loved New York and it was the move to DC that pretty much set him into his slow decline.

Fez didn't want to go and proclaimed that he wasn't going to enjoy it and wouldn't make friends with anybody down there before even giving it a chance. He was constantly itching for a move back to New York and believed that all his problems would be solved once he was back there - but hey, mental illness doesn't work that way.

It's strangely compelling listening to all the archives of R&F stuff on youtube especially when they're not in chronological order - a real mixture of feeling sorry for Fez and his problems, then being really frustrated and annoyed by him in the next clip.

Anyway, have some more Fez is crazy clips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14txIEqKeMk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6zTLD7oKvE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbXmBWN0AbQ

Stotty fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Fez is easily the most compelling radio personality of all time.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I've tried to go back and listen to some of the old Fez meltdowns, but having listened to them all when they originally aired, I just can't do it. It's so frustrating and infuriating to me that i can't get more than a minute in without shutting them off.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
Steakgate. I do not understand what the gently caress that was. The fight was too viscous to be fake and the whole scenario it was too weird to be real.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
It had spices on it.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for this.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I listen to R&F clips on youtube in the background, and I love this series of Earl's photo misadventures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTDdgRJ_kUA

not just because I'm an actual working photographer and I know so many tools like him.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Ransom posted:

Steakgate. I do not understand what the gently caress that was. The fight was too viscous to be fake and the whole scenario it was too weird to be real.

Was that the one where Fez was arguing with Chris and tried to speak for Ron, only for Ron to go off on him about 'don't you dare speak on account of me' and just shut Fez down completely? That was pretty awesome since it was the real beginning of the end for Fez where you could tell Ron had just had enough of wiping this sad old queen's rear end and wanted him gone. It was also during the time where Fez was basically begging Ron to keep the act together and then he went nuts as B.L. and basically revealed he was jealous of Ron's success and friendships.

poo poo, how the gently caress do I retain all of this? loving hell.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
It was genuinely amazing storytelling.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fezzie always wins

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
Steakgate was when Fez brought in Steak N Shake burgs for an intern that was leaving after a week of setting up how they were gonna all have a steak dinner. It was very old school pro wrestling where there might of been a couple true things said but overall it was a huge work. It really was one of the best last few Fez bits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXIhwO9Cwxw

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Like honestly, the stuff yall think is real is probably a work. WHenever there's a big elaborate blow up, it's usually a work. The real stuff is Fez basically being unable to do anything that wasn't prepped for way ahead of time. You know, basic poo poo like talking

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Tr33 posted:

Like honestly, the stuff yall think is real is probably a work. WHenever there's a big elaborate blow up, it's usually a work. The real stuff is Fez basically being unable to do anything that wasn't prepped for way ahead of time. You know, basic poo poo like talking

It doesn't matter if it was real or not. It was a wonderful experience.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
while we're posting clips, here's one of my all time favorite moments from any O&A/R&F related show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZBNn_S53SE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQhJKDXooks

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tr33 posted:

there's at least a little shoot in every work, especially with Zero Fez

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Gail isn't going to Moontower with the rest of the Bennington crew because she's on the no fly list.

She's pregnant and isn't flying

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Grandpa Ronnie B! :)

https://twitter.com/gailaaann/status/983739232643637249

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I hope it has hooves and there's video of Ron chasing Pep with a shotgun

it'd be like watching a 10-meter dash

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Surprise caller on Bennington today. Let's just say he no longer lives a public life.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

JFC posted:

Surprise caller on Bennington today. Let's just say he no longer lives a public life.

Oh poo poo. Speak of the devil...

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Mob posted:

I hope it has hooves and there's video of Ron chasing Pep with a shotgun

it'd be like watching a 10-meter dash

They would get a block before the both of them would be huffing and puffing and trying to catch their breath.

Your Parents posted:

Oh poo poo. Speak of the devil...

How the hell is the guy doing? Does he have a bigger stent collection now?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Just going to leave this here from after Opie got fired:

https://twitter.com/Fezshitter/status/883015052755972096

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

JFC posted:

post the audio

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Fez vs Andrew WK drum battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUIvhLNbl5w

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

https://www.reddit.com/r/opieandanthony/comments/8bcsx9/giving_you_guys_the_audio_of_fez_calling_in/

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

T Bowl posted:

Just going to leave this here from after Opie got fired:

https://twitter.com/Fezshitter/status/883015052755972096

I like how his winning is moving back home to be depressed with his family, to not be himself because of his mom, and generally die of proxy self-hatred by eating himself into more heart problems. Not siding with Opie, but Fezzie really isn't winning anything except painful life leading to death.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Um, Fez is actually doing great down in Florida.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Dear god is that place toxic. I just clicked around the O&A Reddit for the first time. I’m uh impressed.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Thanks, managed to copy it before they erase it. They're probably going to report and take the video down the way they're bitching about it.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Bum the Sad posted:

Dear god is that place toxic. I just clicked around the O&A Reddit for the first time. I’m uh impressed.

It seems to be where The Pests ended up but now they absolutely hate anyone who was even sort of related to the show other than Colin, Scorch and Denny Falcone.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I thought the O and A Reddit was cool when they were making GBS threads on Opie. Then they had all this drama with Anthony and they were still justified and now they just want to burn it all down.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

The Dave posted:

Yeah I thought the O and A Reddit was cool when they were making GBS threads on Opie. Then they had all this drama with Anthony and they were still justified and now they just want to burn it all down.

They also have this delusional belief that the Jim and Sam show wont get renewed in October.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

JB50 posted:

They also have this delusional belief that the Jim and Sam show wont get renewed in October.

It's the second most listened to show on the platform right? They're idiots.

I just want to say I really enjoy Jim and Sam. I like Sam and Travis together and Jim is well Jim, I pretty much listen to every show to completion these days. I drive an hour a day so that takes care of half of it then I usually finish up the second half with my air pods in as I get home and unwind. The only thing that pisses me off right now is we aren't getting loving Ant in every couple weeks.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Bum the Sad posted:

I just want to say I really enjoy Jim and Sam. I like Sam and Travis together and Jim is well Jim, I pretty much listen to every show to completion these days. I drive an hour a day so that takes care of half of it then I usually finish up the second half with my air pods in as I get home and unwind. The only thing that pisses me off right now is we aren't getting loving Ant in every couple weeks.

Whoever said it's second most is lying, they don't give out the numbers. I wouldn't even think it would be in the top 5 at this point, there are a lot of other big name programs people listen to on SiriusXM. Like zero women listen to them, and there are a bunch of real popular women's talk shows as well, not to mention Dr. Laura.

It's also mostly bad, the talks are forced and stale, they spent over an hour on Wrestlemania and then the UFC on Monday, and then laughed about Rob Ford for like 45 minutes today.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Bum the Sad posted:

Ya I think some other show said Sirius/XM told them they were second most listened to also.

JB50 fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 11, 2018

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

T Bowl posted:

Whoever said it's second most is lying, they don't give out the numbers. I wouldn't even think it would be in the top 5 at this point, there are a lot of other big name programs people listen to on SiriusXM. Like zero women listen to them, and there are a bunch of real popular women's talk shows as well, not to mention Dr. Laura.

It's also mostly bad, the talks are forced and stale, they spent over an hour on Wrestlemania and then the UFC on Monday, and then laughed about Rob Ford for like 45 minutes today.

Yeah but I don't mind hearing about Wrestlemania just because Sam and Travis get so enthusiastic I get engaged. Whatever I like Jim and Sam, I just want more Anthony on it.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Bum the Sad posted:

Yeah but I don't mind hearing about Wrestlemania just because Sam and Travis get so enthusiastic I get engaged. Whatever I like Jim and Sam, I just want more Anthony on it.

After hearing Sam berate co-worker Anthony on the show today, I wish someone would cave Sams head in. What a douche, he acts like he isnt a few years out from being an intern himself. At least Sam caught some poo poo for his pathetic showing at wrestlemania. Between him loving with the help and his annoying dolphin laugh, he stinks.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Literally every time I turn on Jim and Sam they're either spouting a Fox News Lite take on current events or interviewing some celebrity I don't care about. I'm basically in it for Bennington at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Sheen Sheen posted:

Literally every time I turn on Jim and Sam they're either spouting a Fox News Lite take on current events or interviewing some celebrity I don't care about. I'm basically in it for Bennington at this point

I think The Bonfire is the best thing going on satellite these days, and they never talk politics.