Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I have the unreleased faceball 2000 on my virtual boy (it's a complete prototype) and i plan to make a virtual boy link cable so I can play it two players

i knew i should have spent $400 on the nib virtual boy i saw in japan...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[quote="“absolutely anything”" post="“482916586”"]
Something hisses with rage from the steel tunnels
ahead. They know you’re here. They have no pity, no mercy,
take no quarter, and crave none. They’re the perfect enemy,
in a way. No one’s left but you. You...and Them.

[/quote]

This is way scarier than Doom, at least in the creepypasra genre.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

it ran at like 6 fps

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The Mario+Luigi games are the real successor to paper Mario dunno why people seem to ignore them

that series is treading water too, the last two games were an asset-flip crossover game and a remake and the next one is also a remake

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

trying to jack off posted:

i knew i should have spent $400 on the nib virtual boy i saw in japan...

Eh there's no real reason to get a new one. All virtual boys no matter what will have led issues where parts of the screen start to blank out. It's similar to why a lot of the original game boys have lines in the screen. They used glue for the ribbon cables instead of solder. So for the virtual boy even a new one you are eventually going to have to get the led ribbon cable permanently soldered. So might as well buy used

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013
has anyone played Oxenfree, Pan-Pan, or Xeodrifter and would you recommend them? they're each on sale on Switch for four or five dollars.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Oxenfree is a good little young adult feels game with some well-executed spooky (not horror, more like X-Files level) themes going on for $5. It's got a couple kinda dull slow stretches but if you liked Life Is Strange or Night In The Woods you'll probably be really happy with it at that price.

edit: great music, too, and a unique dialogue system that flows really naturally allowing you to interrupt people mid-sentence that some people hated but I think worked really well

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

TTYD looks sick in dolphin but you need to do a lot of tweaking to make it work perfectly.
It ran weirdly slowly on my Wii and the framerate/timing was all off so I couldn't do the battles properly and gave up in frustration. Is there a guide to setting up Dolphin for it because I really want to try it again

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I found my GameCube at my parents but I no longer have any of the cables for it. Is there a place to get them that isn’t some Chinese garbage that will stop working in a week?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

TTYD looks sick in dolphin but you need to do a lot of tweaking to make it work perfectly.

Oh believe me I spent an afternoon last weekend trying to do exactly that and failing, which is why I caved and went eBay this week.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

my morning jackass posted:

I found my GameCube at my parents but I no longer have any of the cables for it. Is there a place to get them that isn’t some Chinese garbage that will stop working in a week?
Amazon. Third-party power and TV connection cables of whatever sort aren't much of a problem. But you want to make sure you have official Nintendo controllers.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

One Man Trash posted:

has anyone played Oxenfree, Pan-Pan, or Xeodrifter and would you recommend them? they're each on sale on Switch for four or five dollars.

xeodrifter is an incredibly middle of the road metroidvania. not terrible or unplayable, just unremarkable. I wouldn't recommend spending money on it.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It ran weirdly slowly on my Wii and the framerate/timing was all off so I couldn't do the battles properly and gave up in frustration. Is there a guide to setting up Dolphin for it because I really want to try it again

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Paper_Mario:_The_Thousand-Year_Door

apparently the newer versions of dolphin run it better than back when I last tried it

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

oh god there is an HD texture pack for ttyd

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-paper-mario-ttyd-hd-texture-pack-v1-5-february-13-2018

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Amazon. Third-party power and TV connection cables of whatever sort aren't much of a problem. But you want to make sure you have official Nintendo controllers.

I still have 3 official gc controllers thank heavens. One has a slight cut in the wire casing though so it’s exposed the wire. I put some electrical tape on it and am hoping for the best.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

my morning jackass posted:

I still have 3 official gc controllers thank heavens. One has a slight cut in the wire casing though so it’s exposed the wire. I put some electrical tape on it and am hoping for the best.
If it's just a cut in the rubber casing then electrical tape should be fine.

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013

goferchan posted:

Oxenfree is a good little young adult feels game with some well-executed spooky (not horror, more like X-Files level) themes going on for $5. It's got a couple kinda dull slow stretches but if you liked Life Is Strange or Night In The Woods you'll probably be really happy with it at that price.

edit: great music, too, and a unique dialogue system that flows really naturally allowing you to interrupt people mid-sentence that some people hated but I think worked really well

Plebian Parasite posted:

xeodrifter is an incredibly middle of the road metroidvania. not terrible or unplayable, just unremarkable. I wouldn't recommend spending money on it.

thanks! i bought Oxenfree

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
if you played mutant mudds, xeodrifter is like a metroidvania reskin of those, completely bland stuff

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

that series is treading water too, the last two games were an asset-flip crossover game and a remake and the next one is also a remake

Paper Jam is good. That and Inside Story are probably the only ones worth playing since TTYD/Superstar Saga

I play all these games and they're all at least Fine (even sticker star) but those are the only ones I'd recommend. the only one that's outright bad is super paper mario

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Milkman posted:

Paper Jam is good. That and Inside Story are probably the only ones worth playing since TTYD/Superstar Saga

I play all these games and they're all at least Fine (even sticker star) but those are the only ones I'd recommend. the only one that's outright bad is super paper mario

This. I do like hard mode in Dream Team though. Paper Jam has some drat fine bosses and EX bosses.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Inside Story and Paper Jam are both really good. Paper Jam has a stupid amount of filler though, ans the papercraft fights kind of suck but they're fun the first time

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Did people not like super paper mario?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Absolutely not

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
A friend of mine who hasn't beaten a video game since 1987 called me one day and said "I've been playing the Wii by my sister's house all week and I started playing Super Paper Mario and just beat it. This is the best game I have ever played and I almost teared up at the ending" and I have no idea what to make of it.

I got through it halfway and didn't think it was bad at all but him saying that is making me consider beating it. I have to keep in mind that he seriously thinks Ma$e is the best rapper of all time though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like Super Paper Mario but it's just a way different game than 64/TTYD.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Its a neat idea, but SPM is super fond of wasting your time just for fun.

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

[...] Super Paper Mario [...] almost teared up [...]

Your friend made a good joke.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Plebian Parasite posted:

Its a neat idea, but SPM is super fond of wasting your time just for fun.

Well that was literally one of the side quests

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I just finished pikmin 2 again and it was great. Best pikmin game for sure

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Did people not like super paper mario?

it's peak 00's nintendo spending ten billion hours explaining a thing and then another ten billion hours repeating it and also it wasn't really fun the first time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

super paper mario is a platformer with paper mario's stiff boring overworld controls and when you jump on goombas theres damage numbers. it wasnt great

paper jam has some of the best mario RPG gameplay since TTYD and is surprisingly really hard but it has a ton of annoying filler

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I don't know if I can love a Mario RPG that doesn't have Numbers Go Up in it.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

paperjam was cool and the stupid toad herding sections took like 20 seconds.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

tough but fair toad herding

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I don't like Mario & Luigi because the random battles take a long time and there are a lot of one-off minigames preceded by a wacky red and green duo who use way more words than necessary to explain the rules twice.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Good news everybody

https://twitter.com/onthisdaygaming/status/983445432750702592

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bongo Bill posted:

I don't like Mario & Luigi because the random battles take a long time and there are a lot of one-off minigames preceded by a wacky red and green duo who use way more words than necessary to explain the rules twice.

They got rid of thay crap in paper jam and i dont remember if it was in bowsers inside story. In any event i consigm you to gbs

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i had a dream (a vision really) that i was watching the E3 ninty direct and they showed new smash gameplay and metroid prime 4, and they look amazing

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

extremebuff posted:

i had a dream (a vision really) that i was watching the E3 ninty direct and they showed new smash gameplay and metroid prime 4, and they look amazing

you had access to dream e3 and only took notes on games we already knew about, fail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

you had access to dream e3 and only took notes on games we already knew about, fail

they made me sign an NDA in the dream