Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
jft pe'jaw'e
[t ikj2w34e
t]g\@wo3iygk
2q]]]]tgolk2q
3] 3222eaw
e;t
aweltk[a
wjt awetaw[
etiawe ){Q
#UT
w923
etw 23etu
] I3TUJ
3qwt]i j
3]T
W43E] WIA
T-]
WIA
T]PW23[ OET
@q#wTOLGw@#
}TEOL\
W ESTPAWE\
P;FAW E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

It's too early in the morning for secret codes

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Allarion posted:

I recommend

You have a deal.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I have arrived at Numazu. There are buses with huge Aqours banners plastered over them, I assume they go to Uchiura. It feels slightly embarrassing. The Aqours themed cafe by the station opens in about an hour. How do I proceed?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

nielsm posted:

I have arrived at Numazu. There are buses with huge Aqours banners plastered over them, I assume they go to Uchiura. It feels slightly embarrassing. The Aqours themed cafe by the station opens in about an hour. How do I proceed?

enter

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

As a step in overcoming my shame I went to the bookstore (you know which one) and bought the Aqours Walker guidebook. I did not buy volume 2, not ready for advanced-level sightseeing yet.
The weather is great, clear sky and light breeze.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Lined up for the cafe now. Opens in a few minutes.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

>eat food

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You have to order food first.
> Look at menu.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

The cafe is as expected full of Aqours imagery and merch. The staff is wearing orange hoodies with monochrome logo print on, and red baseball caps. It doesn't feel like they care much about the theme. There are TV's playing ads for concert Blu-rays and the anime series on loop.

I ordered a Yokisoba-meshi and Saint Snow Drink. The Yokisoba-meshi is basically omuraisu mixed with Yokisoba. The drink was sweet, decorated with a snow crystal image surrounded by small pieces of anko.

Going to find the bus down to Uchiura now. change of plans, taking a look at the Animate store by the station first.

nielsm fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 10, 2018

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what happened to ruby's hair

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

what happened to ruby's hair

They don't care. Just let it bleach in the sun, never replacing it.

Now in a bus, slightly scared but I think it's the right one. It doesn't take Suica so have to use the strange ticketing system for the first time.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd leave Ruby out in the sun so she can get a tan.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Arrived at Awashima Marine Park. Bus fare was a steep 710 yen.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

go left

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
> Talk to fellow Aqours fan.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

[chanting] talk! talk! talk! talk! talk!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Currently taking refuge in the 7-11 in Mito. The little cafe there is closed today, seems to be most Tuesdays and Wednesdays :(
The 7-11 has a customer use toilet, and I definitely also need rehydration by now.

Will try to make contact with other fans.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

:siren: I am on the beach :siren:

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Have entered Mito-Izu Sea Paradise. Dolphin show in 25 minutes.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
> Fidget impatiently in seat.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
the beach seems so empty without the hyper fabulous ultimate jumbo nesoberi EX chika.....

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
> Search for the whereabouts of the jumbo Chika nesoberi.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
>awaken the power

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
GAH!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

>awaken the power

He probably already did yesterday when he was in Hakodate.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Actually yesterday was an unrelated trip to Enoshima. Hakodate was Saturday. Really, Hakodate as such seemed oblivious to being a power spot.

The dolphin show was pretty cool, will post DSLR photos later when I get back to hotel. Bought a small Uchicchi keychain plushie. Considered a large plushie, but it wouldn't have fit into my luggage.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Hate-Senpai posted:

> Search for the whereabouts of the jumbo Chika nesoberi.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
> Reconsider the large plushie.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Now on the happy party bus, speaker calls voiced by Chika.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dang, a Love Live bus.

Now I've seen everything.

(I haven't actually seen everything.)

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
>Genuflect

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
> Go scuba diving.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Final dumb thing I did today was take the slow route to Akihabara fra Uchiura. Remember that episode where Chika spontaneously decides to go to Akiba to confirm her feelings? She'd probably not reasonably be able to afford tickets for Shinkansen or Odoriko trains, so a standard fare it is. (Standard fare from Numazu to Akihabara is slightly over 2000 yen, but I didn't get to check my actual price because of JR pass. Shinkansen fare about doubles it.)

15:55 - bus departs from Mito Sea Paradise
17:05 - local train departs from Numazu, destination Atami
17:37 - rapid service departs from Atami, train on Tokyo-Ueno Line
19:22 - arrival Tokyo, change to Yamanote line
19:27 - arrival Akihabara

So about 3 ½ hours transport with no option of decent seating. But reasonably affordable for a determined student.

Loot:

(Forgot to include the stamp collection booklet in the picture. The most interesting part about that is the collected stamps anyway. Cover has the same illustration as the mini poster at the bottom.)

This is the end of today's live blog. Thank you for keeping up with my shitposting. I will enjoy my Honey-Mikan Noppo bread.

nielsm fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Apr 10, 2018

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Wish to noppo pan

I'll be there in November though. Just counting down the days.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Like to try that Noppo Pan.

Now I gotta go find that friend who was willing to sell me a copy of Awaken the Power for $10 after he failed to ballot for Hakodate. Con season is heating up, so maybe I'll run into him at one.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
BIRTHDAY STEP UP FOR AQOURS STARTING WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
WITH ME?!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
OH NO MY HABIT OF ALL CAPS HAS BACKFIRED ON ME.