Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Vintersorg posted:

I don't hate it. And there seems to be a lot of Chewbacca action - he even crushes some poor sods head into the ground.

190 years old tho??

It never came up in the movies, but Chewie has always been considered around 200 years old in books and other supplemental materials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I guess aliens live for a long time with Yoda being 900 years old.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Yeah, that’s been an established thing. I wanna say Janna the Hutt is anywhere from 300-600 years old. I’m not gonna bother looking that up for the exact number though.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Mentioned it in one of these threads, but apparently Lucas wrote a lot of history/background notes on all the characters in the mid-70s and a lot of it ended up in the Foster novelization, but the more esoteric bits ended up on toy packaging. That's why a lot of details have been playground lore for decades (Han/Chewie rescue and life debt, Vader Obi volcano fight). Pretty sure Chewie's age is one of those things.

Chewie and R2 are cool because they are so old and over it and all of these star wars are just a small part of their lives. Wookiees are essentially Tolkien style elves, they are an advanced society that has a deep connection to the natural world and are kinda chuckling at the folly of the short lived race of man

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Sorry, I don't give a poo poo how many predictions RLM gets right about Solo. They've already written it off so....

It's a Star Wars movie and besides that, getting predictions right or wrong doesn't mean poo poo.

Most people predicted a lot of wrong things about TLJ and that didn't equate to them changing their opinions on the movie.

Personally I got a bunch of good feelings from that last trailer. I'm excited to see it. I'm looking forward to it's release and I'm sure RLM or Rotten Tomatoes will have a lot to say about it and I'll just keep living in a blissful wonderland where I don't listen to movie nerds or the Tomato-Meter to tell me what's good or bad. I am euphoric.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

Sorry, I don't give a poo poo how many predictions RLM gets right about Solo. They've already written it off so....

It's a Star Wars movie and besides that, getting predictions right or wrong doesn't mean poo poo.

Most people predicted a lot of wrong things about TLJ and that didn't equate to them changing their opinions on the movie.

Personally I got a bunch of good feelings from that last trailer. I'm excited to see it. I'm looking forward to it's release and I'm sure RLM or Rotten Tomatoes will have a lot to say about it and I'll just keep living in a blissful wonderland where I don't listen to movie nerds or the Tomato-Meter to tell me what's good or bad. I am euphoric.

Some of you SW fans need to consider being more discerning in your media.

Solo will almost certainly suck.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

sponges posted:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Why would anyone ever post something like that. All it was ever gonna be is mock fuel.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

sponges posted:

Sticking to the movies isn't decerning enough? It's not like I'm jivjov over here. Sorry, jivjov.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

CelticPredator posted:

Why would anyone ever post something like that. All it was ever gonna be is mock fuel.

I doubt they much care, and they're right not to. gently caress you if their dumb hobby isn't cool enough for you, they love it and that has immense value

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Who took the picture?

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I think Solo is going to be fine. I really just want to see a Star Wars movies with fairly low stakes where some folks steal some poo poo.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

Who took the picture?

Jivjov in the Battlefront 2 thread lol

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Ammanas posted:

I doubt they much care, and they're right not to. gently caress you if their dumb hobby isn't cool enough for you, they love it and that has immense value

The people with those pictures always have the ugliest shelves.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Doronin posted:

I think Solo is going to be fine. I really just want to see a Star Wars movies with fairly low stakes where some folks steal some poo poo.

I am also hoping this is a heist movie with Star Wars characters/stuff just like RO was an espionage/war movie with Star Wars characters/stuff.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Vintersorg posted:

Who took the picture?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Doronin posted:

Yeah, that's about where I am.

I don't really care about Han Solo, and people are right that giving him a backstory and explaining everything about him in one incident is kind of lame... but since I don't care about him, I don't care about all that. If you put that aside it looks like it'll be a fun crime adventure in the Star Wars world. That should be fun to watch.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Reposting that picture to make fun of him is going too far. Come on dude.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
So Han knows the Wookiee language but doesn’t realize they live so long? Weird.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dr.Radical posted:

So Han knows the Wookiee language but doesn’t realize they live so long? Weird.

My mom's second language is English but she knows jack poo poo about the English.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Can we have a game of "oh I know that thing" from the trailers?

• han meets chewie
  • han meets the falcon
  • han meets lando
  • han meets his blaster
  • han meets saying "I have a bad feeling about this"
  • han meets the kessel run
  • han meets jabba

It might worth watching every line of dialogue from the OT and listing everything he says so I can get my "Star Wars is Creatively Bankrupt" bingo card ready.

I read somewhere that the first (abandoned Lord and Miller) version basically made a Han a joke, since when he's introduced in the OT he's basically a space red neck with a broken down pick-up truck that doesn't run. Unfortunately Snyder wasn't fired from this one so there will no Vero posts telling us what we are missing.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

sponges posted:

Yeah I'm getting sick of reading all the half-hearted rationalizations

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Def throwing this in the cursed images thread. Although may be blessed. Must investigate further.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

JJ told George to pull up and forgot who he was loving with.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

CelticPredator posted:

Def throwing this in the cursed images thread. Although may be blessed. Must investigate further.

it's blessed

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

My feelings exactly.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I thought the trailer was cool-looking and I'm looking forward to Donald Glover, but Ehrenreich seems so lifeless? which is wild because he was so good in Hail, Caesar!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ragingdemon.jpg

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I think this is from an episode from the next season of Legends of Tomorrow where the Reverse-Flash disguises himself as George Lucas.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh I see.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

“Oh that part? It’s called the pathos piece. You probably won’t even use it, heart of stone smuggler that you are.”

Top Gun
Oct 24, 2017

Cross-Section posted:

But Rey's the one saying they were nobody. How would JJ retcon that?

edit: Has anyone addressed yet how potentially awkward it might be to dredge up the parentage stuff again in IX? Or are people just pretending like TLJ didn't obviously resolve it (at least in regards to Rey's personal arc)?

There’s a contradiction though because in TFA we see her as a child screaming and being held by Unkar Plott while she looks up at her parents flying away in a starship. So how can they be losers buried in a grave on Jakku? She even has a tally mark counting the days it’s been since her parents left Jakku and keeps saying she needs to get back in case her family comes back to pick her up. I mean it’s clearly implied she’s part of the Skywalker/Solo family and was left on Jakku to avoid being found by Kylo Ren and his death squad.

I feel like TLJ was written based off an old draft of TFA or something.

Top Gun fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 10, 2018

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Top Gun posted:

There’s a contradiction though because in TFA we see her as a child screaming and being held by Unkar Plott while she looks up at her parents flying away in a starship. So how can they be losers buried in a grave on Jakku? She even has a tally mark counting the days it’s been since her parents left Jakku and keeps saying she needs to get back in case her family comes back to pick her up. I mean it’s clearly implied she’s part of the Skywalker/Solo family and was left on Jakku to avoid being found by Kylo Ren and his death squad.

I feel like TLJ was written based off an old draft of TFA or something.

her being in denial explains all of that just fine

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

*Teleports in front of you*

(In George Lucas frog voice)
It's personnel kid.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

with any luck SW9 will start with rey waking up in a hospital ward and realizing none of it was ever real, and then we get 25th hour except as she waits to die from brain problems

visionary stuff

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Top Gun posted:

So how can they be losers buried in a grave on Jakku?

I really think people are misinterpreting what Kylo says about Rey's parents in The Last Jedi. He only says they were buried on Jakku after Rey has already realised her parents were nobody. He's not telling her anything she doesn't already know at that point.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

No it's all literal. Kylo Ren's very literal and factual. He never embellishes. That's one of his traits. I read that in a TLJ sticker book.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
"[Your parents] is dead. Bury it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
it's kind of funny really that TLJ Provided Answers and Totally Changed Star Wars Forever

except wait no it didn't

• Locked thread