Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
He could hand the power over to the police, so individual cops get issued a fragment of All Might's power to carry out their duties with.

Ah, who am I kidding, MHM doesn't have any cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Rhonne posted:

Better hope she has some kids with similar powers.

I could totally see this series ending with Deku being the last One For All user, either by having the quirk get erased in the end, or him just deciding to take it with him to the grave. I'm not saying he's going to die in the end, just maybe him deciding that with All For One defeated once and for all, the world doesn't need to rely on a single symbol of peace anymore.
If One For All became common knowledge, it'd probably inspire a new wave of quirk marriages in order to make the perfect vessel for it. I'm sure that and the more immediate problem of villains hunting Deku for it will preserve the quirk's secrecy. That being said, it'd be an interesting approach for the Villain Alliance to attack Deku with by revealing his power's nature to the public.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

If One for All keeps accumulating power it could be possible that it eventually gets too strong for a single person to use effectively

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Manatee Cannon posted:

he can teach the next guy but it's not like he can write down a guide book for the super secret quirk he inherited, so eventually you'll get another all might and his successor will probably explode the first time he uses one for all

Deku writes down things about heroes obsessively, so writing a guide book for the super secret quirk he inherited is probably more of a "when" rather than an "if". It's not like he's done a fantastic job of keeping it a secret already given that he all but admitted it to Bakugo.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Two For All doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
One for All.

One quirk for everybody. Everybody.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nah, it can keep the name, it just now means "One Quirk For All" because they have to give it to more and more people to not explode the next generation of inheritors.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm just going to assume that blowing yourself up is only a problem for people who genuinely do want to be a hero more than they want all their limbs, like Izuku.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm just going to assume that blowing yourself up is only a problem for people who genuinely do want to be a hero more than they want all their limbs, like Izuku.

I mean, that sort of attitude is why Midoriya was picked as the successor in the first place. You can't really entrust the ultimate single quirk to anyone who isn't selfless to a fault or you end up with another All For One.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Gentle is going to get pushed to the extreme and announce that he's gonna smash that life button

La Brava will stop him because they aren't subscribed to that life style and Gentle will come to his senses and turn himself in meaning Deku won't have to follow them anymore.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Given that all quirks are getting exponentially stronger, I'm sure it's just a matter of time until everyone is just blowing up the first time they use a quirk.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

LostRook posted:

Given that all quirks are getting exponentially stronger, I'm sure it's just a matter of time until everyone is just blowing up the first time they use a quirk.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Whys he a villain tho

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
How does he know how his quirk works?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Crain posted:

He has been learning to avoid destroying himself since he figured out full cowl. The Overhaul fight notwithstanding (as it was a very unique case of "hey you can literally go all out with no consequences") Deku's not been blowing himself up lately since he's learned that treating every fight as a life or death situation just means you're dead and useless sooner.

That said he does still play with that line a lot still. So I wouldn't be surprised if he pushes a bit too far thinking that his new equipment can handle one more shot and being wrong.

He learnt full cowl then blew himself up against Muscular in his very next big solo fight. Then he fought Bakugou where he didn’t destroy himself (good job Deku), only to be put into a situation in his next big fight where he was forced to destroy his body several times.

In basically all of Dekus major fights throughout the series he blows his own body up. It’s what he does.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shere posted:

I mean, he looks like he's literally made of bombs. There isn't a lot of ambiguity there; while his appearance might be unrelated to his quirk (like Tokoyami's is, except with bombs instead of a bird), it's probably not something he wants to test.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

SyntheticPolygon posted:

He learnt full cowl then blew himself up against Muscular in his very next big solo fight.

Only after trying to use Full Cowl and realizing he was lacking in firepower for it against Muscular.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Deku will pass One for All on to someone with a rapid healing quirk, done.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Supremezero posted:

Only after trying to use Full Cowl and realizing he was lacking in firepower for it against Muscular.

Yes exactly. Most fights Deku's been in he realises everything he's learnt isn't good enough and he resorts to blowing himself up. The end result being he keeps shattering all his bones on the reg and really needs to learn something new, except the last few times he's learnt something new to keep from killing himself he continues to do so.

Like I guess it's not his fault Full Cowl hasn't been good enough but if in fights against actual villains Deku continues to consistently resort to bone mulching maybe he needs to calm down about ruining himself or find a new approach. Which these gadgets might be! But i'm not super confident since the approach of "kicking not punching" didn't really solve the problem an arc ago and it had a similar setup.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Or he could give it to someone whos quirk is they have no bones.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Matt Lindland posted:

Or he could give it to someone whos quirk is they have no bones.

The slime guy from the first episode!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Deku should just throw stuff, really.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Shere posted:

Quirks are passed down and get stronger with age, so I can imagine two possibilities:

1) Either parent used their quirk, they're not in this world anymore.
2) His quirk started relatively weak, like...I dunno, creating fireworks by hurting himself, and he realized where that kind of power would end up.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Shere posted:

He was born with a bomb that says "suicide bomber" on it for a head.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Plot twist, his real quirk was curing cancer.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Dog Kisser posted:

Deku is throwing stuff though! Air is stuff! Kinda!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Yes exactly. Most fights Deku's been in he realises everything he's learnt isn't good enough and he resorts to blowing himself up. The end result being he keeps shattering all his bones on the reg and really needs to learn something new, except the last few times he's learnt something new to keep from killing himself he continues to do so.

Like I guess it's not his fault Full Cowl hasn't been good enough but if in fights against actual villains Deku continues to consistently resort to bone mulching maybe he needs to calm down about ruining himself or find a new approach. Which these gadgets might be! But i'm not super confident since the approach of "kicking not punching" didn't really solve the problem an arc ago and it had a similar setup.

I mean, what it basically comes down to is that the comic keeps flirting with the idea that suicidally throwing your body into the mulcher to help people is bad, but it keeps being seduced by the siren song of "I'm going to give 120% this time!" and coming back to it even though it shouldn't.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
i still think that eventually deku's going to figure out a way to use ofa to strengthen his body internally to protect him, under like the same principal of allmight's muscle form

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

SyntheticPolygon posted:

He learnt full cowl then blew himself up against Muscular in his very next big solo fight. Then he fought Bakugou where he didn’t destroy himself (good job Deku), only to be put into a situation in his next big fight where he was forced to destroy his body several times.

In basically all of Dekus major fights throughout the series he blows his own body up. It’s what he does.

Wait, what about the part where they helped Bakugo escape from the villains, doesn't that count? I mean, even if it's not Deku's fight, it's still A fight. All Might even said he was so proud of Deku for getting out of that situation without getting hurt.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

amigolupus posted:

Wait, what about the part where they helped Bakugo escape from the villains, doesn't that count? I mean, even if it's not Deku's fight, it's still A fight. All Might even said he was so proud of Deku for getting out of that situation without getting hurt.

Deku jumped up a ramp. That's what he did for that "fight". Deku can be smart and not kill himself unless he's involved in a punch em up, especially a solo punch em up, where he keeps breaking his body.

And he was about to get himself killed anyway until Iida stopped him.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Rand Brittain posted:

I mean, what it basically comes down to is that the comic keeps flirting with the idea that suicidally throwing your body into the mulcher to help people is bad, but it keeps being seduced by the siren song of "I'm going to give 120% this time!" and coming back to it even though it shouldn't.

Has the comic had a single fight where Deku gets a clean win, using his own skills and abilities without wrecking himself or getting in administrative trouble afterward? If he doesn't get one soon, then just hold off until the end, and let him be the most broken hero around.

But at the very least, he should be getting less beat up as the story goes, to at least give some idea that he's improving.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

There hasn't been a single fight where Deku has won under "clean" conditions. He might get one against Gentle though! we can only hope

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

There hasn't been a single fight where Deku has won under "clean" conditions. He might get one against Gentle though! we can only hope

We can only hope that Deku loses clean.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Deku needs to beat Gentle so Eri can have a good time :colbert:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Deku needs to put Gentle over.

Make Gentle Look Strong.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dog Kisser posted:

Great, then he can throw things too hard and dislocate his arms all the time. Problem solved.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Kuroyama posted:

Has the comic had a single fight where Deku gets a clean win, using his own skills and abilities without wrecking himself or getting in administrative trouble afterward? If he doesn't get one soon, then just hold off until the end, and let him be the most broken hero around.

But at the very least, he should be getting less beat up as the story goes, to at least give some idea that he's improving.

He is getting less beat up, though. Ignoring the use of Eri's Quirk as a loophole, he hasn't injured himself since the Muscular fight, and he hasn't injured himself outside of life-or-death situations since he learned Full Cowl.

You're right that he hasn't really gotten a clean win, though.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Deku will defeat Gentle, but he will sprain his ankle in the process and thus be unable to dance at the festival. Either that, or he'll dance through the pain and end up hurting his leg worse.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Mystic Mongol posted:

He could hand the power over to the police, so individual cops get issued a fragment of All Might's power to carry out their duties with.

Ah, who am I kidding, MHM doesn't have any cops.

What are you talking about, it's one of the few superhero stories where the role of cops is explicitly acknowledged.

The duty of fighting villains is given to the heroes, and conversely heroes are not allowed to do other things by themselves. When they were raiding the hideouts, for example, they had cops with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
Deku will lose and Gentle will get stopped by the school security, then Mirio will save the day by taking deku's spot on the Class A show

Eri's happy and UA gets to prove they can catch an intruder

Gentle and La Brava get away because that's how much they love each other