Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
There's mags/tips for AR in the event games? I haven't seen a single one in like 20 games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Stealthgerbil posted:

I am pretty convinced that this event is having games with no chokes. Probably for testing purposes.

Has anyone else had games where there were just no chokes at all?

I played several today with friends and none of us have seen a single choke. We all got pretty far into the games as well and didn’t find any on enemies we killed as well. If chokes are in they’re extremely rare

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

As far as the loot tables go for the event, there was only two games out of 20 or 30 that I was able to get anything like AR attachments and chokes. The rest of the time, armor was rare as hell an bullet loops were the only thing that would help you out any.

The event was incredibly fun for Mad Maxing, here's one of the better clips I saved from the event.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/248331788

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Some of the shotgun games ended up being complete bloodbaths for my crew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxdl1UXuvX4

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Is loot dependent at all on how people people are in an area when it spawns? Sometimes I go to places like School, Military Base, Hacienda etc when not near the plane drops and hardly anything is there. Or sometimes I go somewhere not too popular, but right over a plane path and more than usual stuff is there. Maybe it's all just RNG.

Then, had 3 duo groups go to School and my team won. No one had found any 5.56 weaps and by the time we looted everything we had 90 rounds total and only two mini 14s that used them with no optics of course. No level 2 armor or above spawned, too.

Then I find level 3 armor in some random shack... I don't get it.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Stealthgerbil posted:

I am pretty convinced that this event is having games with no chokes. Probably for testing purposes.

Has anyone else had games where there were just no chokes at all?

I don’t think there are any in the event, either because having better range would be a massive advantage or because it’s about getting data for fixing how shotties work.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVRRF8GnDqA

Here's an inferior clip of Tequila Sunrise. I hadn't had a chance to try it until today and I only got a few matches in before it ended. Lots of fun!

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

AzureSkys posted:

Is loot dependent at all on how people people are in an area when it spawns? Sometimes I go to places like School, Military Base, Hacienda etc when not near the plane drops and hardly anything is there. Or sometimes I go somewhere not too popular, but right over a plane path and more than usual stuff is there. Maybe it's all just RNG.

Then, had 3 duo groups go to School and my team won. No one had found any 5.56 weaps and by the time we looted everything we had 90 rounds total and only two mini 14s that used them with no optics of course. No level 2 armor or above spawned, too.

Then I find level 3 armor in some random shack... I don't get it.

I have never found School to have much high-level loot. Large amounts of pistols, SMGs and shotguns - enough to make it interesting even with 30 players dropping, but not enough to kit the winner out completely. Nicely balanced, IMO.
Military on the other hand always seems to have the high level loot even when I'm the only guy there (driving in), so I don't really think it's connected to player locations.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I once dropped in School alone (don't ask me how that happened) and after looting everything I ended up with an m16, a ump and a bunch of low/mid tier crap.

It doesn't have good loot, it's just a fun place to drop.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Pawn 17 posted:

New mode owns because mad max playstyle is really viable all game.

That’s exactly what we did except dumber, we each got our own van and convoyed all 4 up and down the road in the middle of the circle late game honking in unison (never do this) until people shot at us from long range and then we hopped out and shot them

Also I haven’t seen a single goddamn choke in the like 10-20 games I played even though I was going to those high loot concrete buildings retry frequently

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Arkangelus posted:

I dunno if this is just some really weird confirmation bias but I swear they're running rounds in the event with separate loot tables and it's random which kind of match you get placed into. Some rounds you can find all the normal attachments and some rounds you only see bullet loops, grips, and cheek pads. I've had 2-3 rounds today where I or my team mates were able to find optics, extended ar mags, chokes, etc... and then the rest of the rounds were ones with no usable attachments except for bullet loops for any of us. And the games with attachments weren't clustered around the same time of day. Anyone else?

This is exactly right btw

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015
I don't often run into other people I know/play with, but it's nice when it happens.

https://youtu.be/sjcqqon_0yE

:v:

edit: if you think you should be in the @felon group, message me on discord and I'll see about having you added to the list.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

rumble in the bunghole posted:

I don’t think there are any in the event, either because having better range would be a massive advantage or because it’s about getting data for fixing how shotties work.

There definitely were chokes, they were just rare as unicorns. One of my squad mates found two in one round but other than that we found zero in about 20 games.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

With the events, I either seem to find chokes like normal, or there are zero on the entire map. I really think its for testing purposes now.

Also I have a newfound appreciation of the S12k. That gun rules.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I kept finding 7.62mm ammo and SMG attachments when I was playing the event mode. It felt like in some games they would have the proper shotgun/S12K attachments and then in others there'd be nothing useful.

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

had a Cars Only win with a pubbie on tequila sunrise. he was skeptical at first but i had a convert after he saw me shred four guys early game with a motorcycle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRT1zS7TH1g

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

uniball posted:

had a Cars Only win with a pubbie on tequila sunrise. he was skeptical at first but i had a convert after he saw me shred four guys early game with a motorcycle

Niiiiice. Playing it really cool there, way to go!

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

uniball posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRT1zS7TH1g

Well done!

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
re: chokes - I found that you can snipe people from the 5th floor with a choked S686 (and possibly more other shotguns too). Useful info to have, there.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Pawn 17 posted:

I got one of those teammates who spends the whole time talking loudly over everyone and ignoring everyone else.
When the only team doing squads at the moment has that guy in it :(

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Finally got my first solo dinner by hiding like a bitch and it worked well

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Ashrik posted:

When the only team doing squads at the moment has that guy in it :(

But its important to know that he wants to switch his vertical grip for an angled. Who cares where the enemies are?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I always pick angled over vertical and I have no idea why or what the difference is.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I take vertical because I can't imagine how to actually use the angled in real life and I usually confuse it with a tac stock

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I use the angled grips with ARs because the random side-to-side recoil is harder to control at midrange than the predictable vertical, and use the vert grip on the SKS because its vertical recoil is so huge. Vertical on vector because that's the only choice and gently caress the ump, who cares

speedtek posted:

re: chokes - I found that you can snipe people from the 5th floor with a choked S686 (and possibly more other shotguns too). Useful info to have, there.
not very useful info when that only works one shot in ten because of the highly variable nature of the pellets. also the pump and double barrel have the exact same spread and damage

Hooplah fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 9, 2018

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

I take vertical because I can't imagine how to actually use the angled in real life and I usually confuse it with a tac stock

They are both used the same way.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
If you like to spray take the angled. If you like to one tap, take the vert. I use angled on everything but my SKS.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

yeah vert on everything except sks is how I roll, horizontal recoil is pretty freaking easy to control overall.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

VulgarandStupid posted:

They are both used the same way.

The lack of trigger discipline triggers me :argh:

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

VulgarandStupid posted:

But its important to know that he wants to switch his vertical grip for an angled. Who cares where the enemies are?

Who here, without any irony or even self awareness, screams "cooooontaaaaaaact" like they just saw the predator decapitate a good friend?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

drunken officeparty posted:

I always pick angled over vertical and I have no idea why or what the difference is.

The vertical grip lessens vertical recoil and the angled lessens horizontal recoil. Since the vertical recoil is always the same and the horizontal recoil is random, it's generally better to take the angled grip.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

man AR family rifles are ugly

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

VulgarandStupid posted:

he was probably referring to the stoned californian guys who keep rambling about themselves

the loot goblins are a pain but having only one of them is unusual

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

cougar cub posted:

The lack of trigger discipline triggers me :argh:
he's just ready to murder the hell of that store wall and some trees in the picture above it

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Dear pubg: I have had enough of the desert map now and I would like to play the old map at least half of the time, please.

Can't wait for the 4x4 to come out.

edit: also because I was extremely vocal about it when it was real bad, as a follow-up; hacking seems almost fixed now to the point where it doesn't seem to be any higher than on any other game on OC servers. We've played probably 30 games in the last week or so and I saw one guy hacking, and it was a weird one where he wasn't taking any damage from bullets or the blue zone.

Coincidentally the rate of chinese named players has gone down heaps, could there be a correlation????

abigserve fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 10, 2018

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm anxious for the new map. :cheers:

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Why do they get rid of the event modes so fast? Shotgun mode owned and was a really fun and refreshing change of pace.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

rumble in the bunghole posted:

he was probably referring to the stoned californian guys who keep rambling about themselves

the loot goblins are a pain but having only one of them is unusual

Whenever I leave my Ivory Tower, there's always dudes who are still looting and calling out foregrips and level 1 backpacks when I'm fighting a team by myself. I mean, generally, when a teammate calls out "there's 3 guys around me" you should probably try to get line of sight to your teammate's building. No amount of foregrips is worth losing a teammate over. Plus, you can get easy picks on the guys inevitably circling the bait teammate's building, and they'll have all the loot you probably need.

causticBeet posted:

Why do they get rid of the event modes so fast? Shotgun mode owned and was a really fun and refreshing change of pace.

They are weekend only if you haven't picked up on that pattern yet.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Whenever I leave my Ivory Tower, there's always dudes who are still looting and calling out foregrips and level 1 backpacks when I'm fighting a team by myself. I mean, generally, when a teammate calls out "there's 3 guys around me" you should probably try to get line of sight to your teammate's building. No amount of foregrips is worth losing a teammate over. Plus, you can get easy picks on the guys inevitably circling the bait teammate's building, and they'll have all the loot you probably need.
I try really hard not to rage at my teammates who are all doing some kind of overwatch from the 3rd floor, 5 buildings away when I'm getting pushed during the loot phase. And that's because the problem is me, I'm the problem.

You can't all hang back at the same time, why didn't you get your asses into this building, you're a terrible snip-----deep breath I shouldn't have been looting so far away from everyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
My favorite is the "all I have is a pistol/shotgun/uzi so there's nothing I can possibly do to help you right now!!" response.