Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I hope they take that thing everywhere. Nurburgring, Silverstone, Monza, Daytona...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

:chloe:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

You know given how much they pegged back the performance of that thing I think racing in general should really look at changing to smaller displacement engines with unrestricted performance.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Cancel all lower formula racing series and bring back Formula 5000. 5-liter engines based on stock blocks, phwoar.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I want a 500cc F1 formula where the engines are putting out a 1000hp and kill the driver if the engine blows apart.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

p h w o a r

(anecdotally F5000 was the greatest sounding racing series of all time)

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Good news, ESPN’s ad free F1 presentation wasn’t a mistake!
Formula 1 on ESPN sees massive improvement; IndyCar thrilled in Phoenix - Ars Technica https://apple.news/AwnZj2SmZTd25V7HH3C9fmw

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Wirth1000 posted:

If Williams decides to keep Russian oligarch money flowing in in 2019 then the team is turbo-hosed. Sirotkin is complete trash.

The best part of this photo is that it was Paddy Lowe the F1 car designer’s birthday.

Basticle posted:

just lmao if anyone actually picked Marcus loving Ericsson (who?) to gain the most positions

YESSS! Number 1! First time I have been higher than about 9th on this loving thing.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Can I get a Steamed Hams gang tag?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Jmcrofts posted:

Can I get a Steamed Hams gang tag?

Your princess is in another castle.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Man, gently caress Hamilton fans. They know nothing about f1.

So many saying that max' move was disrespectful.
It was just dumb.

gently caress y'all.
K.

First, Hamilton's car didn't even get damaged.
Yes that was fortunate, it would have sucked if Max got away with his own stupidity.

Second, Hamilton did the exact same thing during that triple overtake that the Hamilton fans keep jerking off over.
Got a picture or video of this? cos lol.

Pick one. Amazing move, or disrespectful maneuver?
It was poo poo and dumb, OP. A classic Verstappen move.

We need a name for Hamilton fans. Hams?

Got it.

Salty Hams.
Steamed hams is better

I take it you're Dutch

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 9, 2018

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

p h w o a r

(anecdotally F5000 was the greatest sounding racing series of all time)

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

mrfart posted:

you call them "steamed hams", despite the fact that they are obviously grilled.

Is that a fire in your garage?

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

GramCracker posted:

Dieselgate is a load of poo poo, bucha qq babbies that their cars get great mpg and the companies were "dishonest" with them. :jerkbag:

Watch Dirty Money on Netflix. VW were going to test gas emissions on Humans but decided as a German company it was a bad PR move so they instead used monkeys.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I was going to say they should have tested it on tifosi instead so no intelligent creature got hurt, but the results would probably get hosed up by the 3 packs of Marlboros they smoke every day.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Halo14 posted:

Watch Dirty Money on Netflix. VW were going to test gas emissions on Humans but decided as a German company it was a bad PR move so they instead used monkeys.

Overall, I thought it was a great series. The best one was Scott Tucker - dude was ruthless with zero regard for anyone but himself and his family. The last ep was also great.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Hamilton didn’t hit anybody

I would argue he did. Watch the video

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11322874/bahrain-gp-lewis-hamilton-hits-back-at-max-verstappen-after-clash

He could have slowed or gone over the curbs, but instead he turns into Verstappen

Then he calls Verstappen a dickhead and all the loyal fans white knight their boy

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Zaphod42 posted:

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11322874/bahrain-gp-lewis-hamilton-hits-back-at-max-verstappen-after-clash

He could have slowed or gone over the curbs, but instead he turns into Verstappen

Then he calls Verstappen a dickhead and all the loyal fans white knight their boy

It's okay man, Verstappen sucks. There's a reason he's called Vercrappen.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

NtotheTC posted:

I take it you're Dutch

Want a video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjBUOiirSQc

He literally does exactly to Hulkenberg what Verstappen did to him. Difference is Hulk sees it and brakes, Hamilton doesn't and in fact TURNED IN to Verstappen.

Same move on the same part of the track. Both went inside and used late braking to pass on Turn 1, but they both pushed straight across the track and blocked the car behind because of the late brake.

Either it was a disrespectful move or a good one, but both Hamilton and Verstappen did it.

GramCracker posted:

It's okay man, Verstappen sucks. There's a reason he's called Vercrappen.

Yes but Hamilton is also a dick. These can both be true.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 10, 2018

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Zaphod42 posted:

Want a video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjBUOiirSQc

He literally does exactly to Hulkenberg what Verstappen did to him. Difference is Hulk sees it and brakes, Hamilton doesn't and in fact TURNED IN to Verstappen.

Same move on the same part of the track. Both went inside and used late braking to pass on Turn 1, but they both pushed straight across the track and blocked the car behind because of the late brake.

Yes but Hamilton is also a dick. These can both be true.

Yes, but have you considered that your opinions are about as useful as nipple horns on a primarch?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I was the guy arguing that Verstappen 100% deserved his penalty and being taken off the podium at COTA. I'm no Verstappen apologist, but I call em as I see em.

And Hamilton is a baby.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Zaphod42 posted:

I was the guy arguing that Verstappen 100% deserved his penalty and being taken off the podium at COTA. I'm no Verstappen apologist, but I call em as I see em.

And Hamilton is a baby.

Are you really arguing that the two incidents are in any way similar? In the first one Lewis is fully alongside Max, in the second Hulkenberg barely has his front wheels level with Lewis' rear wheels.

You can see Max sawing at his wheel trying to squeeze Lewis off, and he does back off as he approaches the curb. In the second one Lewis turns as much as he can and keeps his steering there, he's not trying to push Hukenberg off.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Can't believe I'm in 4th for that league thing and would've been higher if I hadn't gone with my heart and picked Kimi for the win.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Carth Dookie posted:

Can't believe I'm in 4th for that league thing and would've been higher if I hadn't gone with my heart and picked Kimi for the win.

Guess you don't have that killer Marquez instinct.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

If lewis wasn't such a fraud under breaking Max wouldn't have started behind him into the corner and exited in front imo

max owns, lewis whines

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Look at all the fuckin racists in the thread, wow

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Hamilton conceded the corner to him (because he's a loving lunatic and why have him crash out on your car when it can be someone up the road) and Max like a dumbass decided he needed to run him off anyways. He was a complete dumbass for using the full corner thinking Lewis's Mercedes was just going to magically disappear on corner exit.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

You know in my class there's this rich af Venezuelan dude who will just loving jump you at every start and after the third race he was behind me I just stopped trying to block him because there was like a 60% chance he was gonna crash out and take somebody else up the road out in the process so why loving bother. I feel like the more intelligent F1drivers have the exact same thought process with Max.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
That figures. Venezuelans.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Hamilton conceded the corner to him (because he's a loving lunatic and why have him crash out on your car when it can be someone up the road) and Max like a dumbass decided he needed to run him off anyways. He was a complete dumbass for using the full corner thinking Lewis's Mercedes was just going to magically disappear on corner exit.

This is the best part of it. It’s literally Max watching other drivers make aggressive passes and not understanding the context. He had no need to drive Hamilton off the track, but he’s seen Hamilton and Vettel and Alonso do it before, so that’s what he did.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Sounds like something a 15 year old would do. Maybe they shouldn't let 15 year olds drive Formula 1 cars.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

The Kimoa Kid posted:

This is the best part of it. It’s literally Max watching other drivers make aggressive passes and not understanding the context. He had no need to drive Hamilton off the track, but he’s seen Hamilton and Vettel and Alonso do it before, so that’s what he did.

Actually, every opportunity to drive Hamilton off the track should be acted upon.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Sounds like something a 15 to 22year olds would do. Maybe they shouldn't let 15 year olds drive Formula 1 cars.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: put a minimum age limit of 23 years old for the superlicense.

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

1500quidporsche posted:

You know in my class there's this rich af Venezuelan dude who will just loving jump you at every start and after the third race he was behind me I just stopped trying to block him because there was like a 60% chance he was gonna crash out and take somebody else up the road out in the process so why loving bother. I feel like the more intelligent F1drivers have the exact same thought process with Max.

I'm 60% sure that you've mentioned this Venezuelan guy before and that somebody already joked that now we knew what Pastor was up to.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: put a minimum age limit of 23 years old for the superlicense.

21 for the super license unless you are a champion in: Formula 2, IndyCar, or LMP1-H.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

iospace posted:

21 for the super license unless you are a champion in: Formula 2, IndyCar, or LMP1-H.

No. gently caress that. 23 years old. Firm limit. The other requirements can stay but the 23 year old minimum with no exceptions.

Lance Stroll is 19. Max Verstappen is 20.

Same with Leclerc. These kids need to spend more time developing their racecraft. This is insanity.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Vettel was 22 at the start of the first season he won the WDC in. If he wasn't allowed to race, Alonso would have won the WDC in a Ferrari, and i don't think anybody wants that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Actually, every opportunity to drive Hamilton off the track should be acted upon.

Great post