Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
My god either my heart will give out or my erection will be bigger then my body at this rate, god :drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eox posted:

The Deep State is a loving incredible rhetorical tool and I'm surprised chuds didn't popularize it earlier, they can draw a clean divide between "The america that does things I like" and "The america that does things I don't like" without having to reconcile the two like leftists do

They do they just haven't had to for 8 years because Obama was the guy in charge they could blame. You only need The Deep State to explain why your guys are in control and you're still unable to work with them and get anything done. Or bad poo poo keeps happening by the letter of the law because your rhetoric is nonsense.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

let's see how The Donald is responding

Such rich, pure, uncut :qq:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/amyfiscus/status/983500896272306177

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

None of that matters. Now he has wronged Dear Leader. He's clearly a democrat stooge.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Current mood from trump supporters still in my social vicinity (not many, most are just family I don’t talk to or people I have no choice but to see) are saying this is a nothing burger and a “dud” because they can’t get him on Russia. :doh:

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Is that Preets replacement

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
:lol:

https://twitter.com/existentialfish/status/983499561300840448

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

evilweasel posted:

a pardon doesn't unseize the documents and get them out of the hands of the fbi

Firing Mueller doesn't do that either, does it? Not without purging the entire rest of the FBI leadership until nobody else there wants to continue the investigation.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

UCS Hellmaker posted:

My god either my heart will give out or my erection will be bigger then my body at this rate, god :drat:

Don't worry, we will be back with a pages long derail of *throws dart, rolls d20* How the discography of Huey Lewis and the News is actually an homage to Huey P Newton and the Black Panthers

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Spiffster posted:

Current mood from trump supporters still in my social vicinity (not many, most are just family I don’t talk to or people I have no choice but to see) are saying this is a nothing burger and a “dud” because they can’t get him on Russia. :doh:

That's what the Right has worked so hard on these last 18 months. They've pushed SO hard that Mueller is there to prove that Trump colluded to rig the election with the Russians and nothing else. It doesn't matter that "collusion" isn't actually a legal thing and no one has actually claimed the election was rigged. They framed it that way specifically because Mueller will never actually nail those goalposts so everything else he does they can just dismiss as "nothing."

Santorum was doing it on CNN. Dobbs was doing it on Fox. Trump was doing it in the White House. Its the only card they have and have had for a year. But they've done it so much that I'm sure its gospel to the supporters.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
so at what point in mob films do they normally arrest the lawyer and breach attorney client privilege

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
Pruitt must be happy

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Koalas March posted:

Congrats! And thanks for the advice everyone. tbh I think I am more addicted mentally. Smoking is my "me" time. Like that and the shower is the only time I ever really feel "alone". Like for a long time waking up to coffee and cig was my favorite thing in the world. It's a comforting routine, but one I am trying to break.

It doesn't help that trying to quit makes me irritable and will lead to loving disasters because my mother is quite literally insane and will snap over the dumbest poo poo on a good day.

If you tell people that you just quit smoking and all you want to do is punch everything people give you a gently caress of a lot of space. Thankfully that stage ends in like 3 to 6 months, but people have some almost primal fear of aggravating someone who just quit smoking. Also literally being stoned out of your mind on max strength nicotine patches combined w/ the nicotine gum helps with people's bullshit while quitting.

I mean it still sucks though.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

I'll never get enough of this.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Spiffster posted:

If you expected anything less, I'm not sure what to tell you. They have built up a wall fifty feet thick around the logic centers of their brains.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Alter Ego posted:

If you expected anything less, I'm not sure what to tell you. They have built up a wall fifty feet thick around the logic centers of their brains.

I still think 3-4 years after he's out of office (impeached or otherwise) you won't be able to find someone to admit they voted for him any more than you can find a Nixon voter.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Herstory Begins Now posted:

so at what point in mob films do they normally arrest the lawyer and breach attorney client privilege

Trump's biggest mistake so far is possibly saying on TV that he had no knowledge of the Stormy Daniels deal, which gives the FBI carte-blanche to assume there is no attorney-client priviledge involved in the whole deal.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lycus posted:

I'll never get enough of this.

https://twitter.com/existentialfish/status/983501402541645824

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Every time I turned on Fox News to see if they were talking about Cohen they were discussing Hillary and/or Comey. So clearly lots of people ARE talking about it.

I always think it's so funny how when breaking news happens Fox is always super delayed with it. Like it's obvious they delay reporting things so they can concont whatever idiotic spin they put on it.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Jesus Christ, the comments. What the gently caress reality am I living in..

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Aramis posted:

Trumps biggest mistake so far is possibly saying on TV that he had no knowledge of the Stormy Daniels deal, which gives the FBI carte-blanche to assume there is no attorney-client priviledge involved in the whole deal.

Imagine having unlimited money for lawyers but zero ability to internalize legal advice whatsoever.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

It never happens because mob film writers who make every criminal character into Fredo never see their scripts go anywhere but into waste bins.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

terrorist ambulance posted:

Is that Preets replacement

Yes and no. He was Interim appointed in January so he has until May to receive Senate approval.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

KickerOfMice posted:

So this is good and cool and something a human would say. Burn in hell thx.
On what planet is this anywhere near okay?

On a planet where some people worship guns as if they're gods, apparently.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

TyroneGoldstein posted:

Jesus Christ, the comments. What the gently caress reality am I living in..

A raid that completely disrupts a practicing lawyer's ability to work not just for the client in question but also any unrelated clients is just "going through the motions"

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Koalas March posted:

Congrats! And thanks for the advice everyone. tbh I think I am more addicted mentally. Smoking is my "me" time. Like that and the shower is the only time I ever really feel "alone". Like for a long time waking up to coffee and cig was my favorite thing in the world. It's a comforting routine, but one I am trying to break.

It doesn't help that trying to quit makes me irritable and will lead to loving disasters because my mother is quite literally insane and will snap over the dumbest poo poo on a good day.

Overall I am very happy I've quit cigarettes, but I'll be honest there are times (like right now) when I'd love to have a couple. I think for some people it goes away after a while, and for other people it never does. Good luck on cutting back and/or quitting!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

That's the one, thanks Caros :v:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Anyways just hitting 2 year non smoking anniversary, feels good. I'm saving $2500 a year, too.

Awesome dude! Congrats! I’ve been dip free for just over three months. It’s a good feeling.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

farraday posted:

Yes and no. He was Interim appointed in January so he has until May to receive Senate approval.

Weird that an appointee pending approval has the power to okay (or not okay) this sort of thing. Thought that would fall to some career deputy.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Did fox news realize they had an actual expert who was going to actually talk about this?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Awesome dude! Congrats! I’ve been dip free for just over three months. It’s a good feeling.

gently caress yeah dude, you're past the worst part by far!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Charliegrs posted:

I always think it's so funny how when breaking news happens Fox is always super delayed with it. Like it's obvious they delay reporting things so they can concont whatever idiotic spin they put on it.

Its a genuine past time of mine to just track the development of a Fox News spin on a damaging Trump story as they drag their feet to address it. Its very funny in a vacuum.

Of course its horrible and destructive in the big picture. But funny at the time when everyone else is losing their minds about some breaking news and Fox News is pretending they can't hear anything.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

A raid that completely disrupts a practicing lawyer's ability to work not just for the client in question but also any unrelated clients is just "going through the motions"

cohen apparently has no non-trump related clents so lol

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

JeffersonClay posted:

And the 2015 poll I cited suggested 58% of democrats rated it as a top priority, and a more recent poll placed that figure at 41%. Again, there's a difference between ranking something as "a top priority" and "the top priority", the poll you cite is referring to the latter. In either case, both 41% and 11% are substantially more than zero, and so the claim that nobody cares about the deficit is wrong no matter how we slice that.

That's not the point, though, and you know it. As all of those polls show, running on the deficit is not a winning issue for the Democrats.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Rinkles posted:

Weird that an appointee pending approval has the power to okay (or not okay) this sort of thing. Thought that would fall to some career deputy.

He isn't an appointee pending approval, he's the Interim appointee. It's a legal distinction. An Interim appointee is put by the AG into a vacant position and can hold it up to 120 days.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/28/546

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

just before they shoot the director’s daughter

seeing that movie was possibly the worst mistake of my life

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

mcmagic posted:

None of that matters. Now he has wronged Dear Leader. He's clearly a democrat stooge.

Obviously he’s a secret demoncrat, as you can see because his third cousin, once removed, donated to bill Clinton in 1992.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Why do you think the Texas National Guard's been called to the border?:smug:

• Locked thread