Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

I tend to go to the kitchen to make a cup of tea, then end up cleaning some poo poo and walk back to my room and hop onto the computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

I'll go to the bathroom in work when I print something so I only have to walk across the office once then forget the thing I printed 99/100 times and have to make an obvious about-face a foot from from my chair. BRAIN.

Another one is how obnoxiously loud the floor is in work. I am quite small and I sound like a goddamn stampede. The big guy behind me vibrates the desks.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I like noisy floors actually. In my last job I could easily distinguish the sound of my boss's and officemate's footsteps so I knew when to minimize SA and netflix and bring up all the work stuff with a 20 second lead time so there was no obvious panic alt+tabbing.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Pet peeve about myself. I always have stuff I want to post here and it’s always something I remember when I’m driving, and I’m like, “oh I’ll remember it when I get home” but no, I don’t. There was 2 things I wanted to post today and now I can’t remember them :argh:

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Maybe it’s good that your life isn’t a direct experience-to-posting pipeline.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
When you tell someone about a disastrous event that happened years ago and they start questioning and getting mad about why you didn’t do what they think you ought to have done.

Dude, it was 2007. You weren’t there. What are you possibly going to achieve by getting angry about the situation?

Also when you want to vent about a frustrating situation and some dickhead starts suggesting things to fix it. gently caress off, you don’t know what you’re talking about, your comments are only making me more annoyed. :argh:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If you're not looking for advice then stop whining in public

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Maybe it’s good that your life isn’t a direct experience-to-posting pipeline.

Getting out of the house is good.

But driving is bad. There are so many bad things about it that have already been posted by so many people.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
People that cut in front of me even though there's virtually no other traffic and then slow down to slower than both of us were going make me wish I had a grenade launcher cheat code

But in that event I just change to the other lane and speed back up so that I'm in front of them again unless I have to turn or something, so it's not the end of the world.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

I also got that thing where you cant remember a certain word, just that I now need it. The word where you ... compromise! Thanks, guys! Also, if you speak two languages and you use your second language on a regular basis, you might find situations where you remember the word in the secondary language, but not the one in your mother language. Annoying as gently caress and really embarrassing to admit.

Midig has a new favorite as of 02:04 on Apr 10, 2018

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Thin Privilege posted:

Pet 🐶 peeve 😤 about myself 👶. I always have stuff I want to post here 🗣and it’s always something I remember 🤔 when I’m driving 🚗, and I’m like, “oh I’ll remember 🤔it when I get home 🏠 ” but no, I don’t 😠 . There was 2 things I wanted to post today 📆 and now I can’t remember them :argh: 😡

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Midig posted:

Also, if you speak two languages and you use your second language on a regular basis, you might find situations where you remember the word in the secondary language, but not the one in your mother language. Annoying as gently caress and really embarrassing to admit.
Or when you know a handful of words in yet another language, but when you're called upon to use them, you default to your secondary language instead. I held the door open for someone in Italy who said "Grazie," and though I know enough Italian to say "prego" in reply, I still went straight to Japanese with "iie" (and felt like an idiot).

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Dear neighbour in flat across from my flat,

Did you know it is possible to close your front door without slamming it? Especially when you leave for work at 4:30 in the morning.

Sincerely yours,
neighbour who likes to sleep through the night.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

BattyKiara posted:

Dear neighbour in flat across from my flat,

Did you know it is possible to close your front door without slamming it? Especially when you leave for work at 4:30 in the morning.

Sincerely yours,
neighbour who likes to sleep through the night.

My neighbor leaves for work around the same time... Except he takes a diesel construction vehicle to work.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Um.... why did you add a ton of emojis to my post?

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Thin Privilege posted:

Demonstrating his pet peeve.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

people who abbreviate 'pretty' as 'p', such as in the phrase 'p much'

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

people who abbreviate 'pretty' as 'p', such as in the phrase 'p much'

My least favorite version of this is "p dece".

Abbreviations that I never heard of annoy me because it makes me feel out of touch. Like a couple weeks ago a friend texted me "wru" and I was just like "what?".

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Thin Privilege posted:

He's being a low-rent saddest rhino for reasons that probably don't make sense. It's weird.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

yeah I eat rear end posted:

My least favorite version of this is "p dece".

Abbreviations that I never heard of annoy me because it makes me feel out of touch. Like a couple weeks ago a friend texted me "wru" and I was just like "what?".

Haha I had a guy that used to say "omw" when he was coming over, I felt like an idiot when I asked for a translation

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009

Brawnfire posted:

My neighbor leaves for work around the same time... Except he takes a diesel construction vehicle to work.

You win!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pet Peeve: Requiring a college degree to edit video as a job. Mother fucker I've been doing this for half of my life, I can edit you something rad. I don't need no degree. But yet...ahhh.

Pet Peeve 2: The repetitive nature of my job hunting. Which is, look for editing job, get locked out for lack of degrees, get frustrated, panic, find lovely job, have panic attacks the entire time, leave, have no money, start again.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Midig posted:

Demonstrating his pet peeve.

Which is... what? That I use smilies sort of frequently?

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

No, I think he just hates the overuse of emojis and used your text to illustrate it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The best part is the 20-minute idle and various heavy chain sounds and door slams.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CelticPredator posted:

Pet Peeve: Requiring a college degree to edit video as a job. Mother fucker I've been doing this for half of my life, I can edit you something rad. I don't need no degree. But yet...ahhh.

Pet Peeve 2: The repetitive nature of my job hunting. Which is, look for editing job, get locked out for lack of degrees, get frustrated, panic, find lovely job, have panic attacks the entire time, leave, have no money, start again.

As someone who is getting a college degree in video editing right now, this also bothers me. I can already edit video better than some professional movie editors (side-eye at Zack Snyder's catalog of horrible action sequences), it's a purely visual medium so all it should take for you to value me over the competition is showing you what I can do and how much faster. I'm literally only getting this degree because of this pet peeve, I haven't learned a single new thing from my major in my college education in like 3 years.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 00:17 on Apr 11, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Pretty much any job where the requirements are "um, a degree, any degree" is a peeve of mine. Playing nice with other employees and being able to take in, organize, and present information are good skills a bachelor's (should) give you but it's not the only way, and it's surely shouldn't be worth potentially tens of thousands of dollars.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Thin Privilege posted:

Good lord, for some reason I totally thought that was a Saddest Rhino post :psyduck: no idea how that happened. My bad!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

"K9" in reference to a police or other emergency services working dog. D+ wordplay in service of making a dog sound tacticool, ugh.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Bobby Digital posted:

Good lord, for some reason I totally thought that was a Saddest Rhino post :psyduck: no idea how that happened. My bad!

No probs

Content: people who aren’t able to take criticism. Not gonna go into a long story but even if you’re nice and do it the Right Way they still get butthurt and sometimes aggressive.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Moon Monster posted:

"K9" in reference to a police or other emergency services working dog. D+ wordplay in service of making a dog sound tacticool, ugh.

To be fair, this is probably really done because K9 is easier to write than canine on the side of a car or on a form or similar. Takes up less space and is immediately recognizable.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

They could just write "DOG", though. It's not like the police are using jackals and foxes. (Yet.)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
'K9' is also shorter than 'dog'

edit: And there's also the reason of distinction between dogs as the general public knows them (bouncing, fluffy, pettable, approachable, tail waggers) and canine units for police (trained, unapproachable, and not at all pettable).

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

CJacobs posted:

'K9' is also shorter than 'dog'

edit: And there's also the reason of distinction between dogs as the general public knows them (bouncing, fluffy, pettable, approachable, tail waggers) and canine units for police (trained, unapproachable, and not at all pettable).

Peeve: Dogs I cannot pet.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

gently caress the law. I'll pet it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

docbeard posted:

Peeve: Dogs

Fixed

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I have so many peeves about Smokers and Vapers, mostly behavioural. When people smoke and the weather is damp, the smoke tends to hang around, it seems like the water in the air traps it for longer, so on a wet day I often walk through somewhere where someone smoked 3 hours ago and still get a faceful of gross smell.

Also fire drills have a unique irony as a result, because you leave the building to escape the smoke, but the entire office is smoking on the lawn so you just cannot escape it. This isn't a smoke break and someone here that you don't know well may be asthmatic, you're being assholes.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Fire drills are my pet peeve, especially if they are announced in advance. If you tell me it's a fake alarm ahead of time, gently caress you, i'm staying in my office to work. I don't need to practice walking outside. There's a window right there by my desk in case it's real.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Fire alarms, they're loud and annoying, I just wish they would stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
To be fair, they are designed to be alarming. They need to be loud.