Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
So how does this get resolved in one more episode?

It doesn't, and then there will be another stupid loving season of this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DarklyDreaming posted:

Just kill this douche already Trevor

I knew he was gonna die, but I'm glad he was at least allowed to go out in a fist fight with a sucker punch.

That said actual Trevor would have probably gouged out his eyes and mocked him for putting his bat away before breaking it into 50 pieces.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My guess for the finale is the entire remaining group at Hilltop move into position according to Dwight’s map/intel but oh no! The Saviors found out Dwight, so they altered formation! Our heroes are trapped... but wait, is that... it can’t be... it’s Oceanside?!

The two sides are evenly matched, redshirt losses left and right! Again, the heroes are against the ropes, things are looking grim... but oh! Savior bullets...messed with?! Eugene’s long-con the entire time?! Or did Gabriel unwittingly infect the other bullet-makers with his mystery illness, making them careless?!

A named character from Rick’s group is killed. Oh no... Kal! Wait, we had a guy named Kal this entire time? Whatever.

The helicopter lands nearby, bamboozling them all. Out steps Jadis and yet another new character?! Who in the gently caress?!

Rick and Negan engage in brutal fisticuffs while everyone just kinda kicks back and watches. Rick gains the upper hand! He’s poised to kill Negan, but the words from Carl’s letter echo through his mind.

He raises his weapon and...

CLIFFHANGER!

(Also Carl 2.0 probably dies, affecting Morgan badly and prompting him to jump ship to FTWD)

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Goodnight sweet prince, see you on Westworld... :smith:

Spellman posted:

Steven Ogg is all over the place these last few years, I don't think he's ever out of work

I sure hope so. He's easily one of my favorite character actors out there right now.

I honestly would be happy to see him have another scene on Saul. His cameo versus Mike was one of the funniest moments on that show.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The ending AMC doesn't want and we deserve is Rick and the entire cast get utterly murdered by Negan, except "I don't die" Morgan and Fear becomes the main show

ED: If Rick and Negan actually killed each other that'd be kind of an amazing ending the show has no balls to do

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Apr 9, 2018

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

that sure was an incredibly telegraphed episode

then, jinkies, Eugene got away! What a zany adventure by Durrl and frowngirl

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Truant posted:

that sure was an incredibly telegraphed episode

then, jinkies, Eugene got away! What a zany adventure by Durrl and frowngirl

The dumbest thing is the Saviors tracking him down and getting him back would have made way more sense, he could have done the epic puke in a firefight

But yeah super telegraphed. I called pretty much every single thing that was going to happen in it from the start, except them giving Ogg a decent death instead of just bashing his skull in. Not because I'm great at this but because any 3 year old could do the same.

ED: I did think he'd mention Gabriel to try to escape though, so they didn't do that

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I flipped through the ep this morning and lol at Negan crushing the walkie talkie

Just change it to another channel bro

And I'll try to get a puke gif post haste

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

I flipped through the ep this morning and lol at Negan crushing the walkie talkie

Just change it to another channel bro

And I'll try to get a puke gif post haste

yeah when he stomped on it i was like

that was one of your more precious resources homie, what the gently caress

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

LadyPictureShow posted:

My guess for the finale is the entire remaining group at Hilltop move into position according to Dwight’s map/intel but oh no! The Saviors found out Dwight, so they altered formation! Our heroes are trapped... but wait, is that... it can’t be... it’s Oceanside?!

The two sides are evenly matched, redshirt losses left and right! Again, the heroes are against the ropes, things are looking grim... but oh! Savior bullets...messed with?! Eugene’s long-con the entire time?! Or did Gabriel unwittingly infect the other bullet-makers with his mystery illness, making them careless?!

A named character from Rick’s group is killed. Oh no... Kal! Wait, we had a guy named Kal this entire time? Whatever.

The helicopter lands nearby, bamboozling them all. Out steps Jadis and yet another new character?! Who in the gently caress?!

Rick and Negan engage in brutal fisticuffs while everyone just kinda kicks back and watches. Rick gains the upper hand! He’s poised to kill Negan, but the words from Carl’s letter echo through his mind.

CLIFFHANGER!

(Also Carl 2.0 probably dies, affecting Morgan badly and prompting him to jump ship to FTWD)

:golfclap:

Also in a hamfisted way, I guess we saw a bit more of how the Logic of Negan works and why people follow him. Before Negan, the Saviors were a bunch of tough guys loosely affiliated and doing their own thing. Simon was high up, but not the leader. When groups of survivors pissed them off, they would kill them all. Negan saw people as a resource, and got Simon to help him take over, with the idea that they could kick back and let the other groups grow food and scavenge for them. If guys like Simon were calling the shots, there would be no other survivors left in a 50 mile radius and the thugs would be having the scavenge for themselves and fight each other for scraps. Instead they lived like kings, and Negan instituted a rule that only a few would get killed, abeit brutally, for the transgressions of a group.

It shows why compared to the Saviors 1.0, people worship Negan and his way. He keeps them alive and safe, if subservient.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

My point isn't about whether Negan actually is good or evil. It is that, if Negan is supposed to be evil and Rick is supposed to be good, they do a terrible job of showing that, to the point that a show-watcher could reasonably assume Negan is the good guy and Rick is the bad guy if they just look at Rick and Negan's actions shown on camera.

I don't think anyone is supposed to be good or bad. Rick is just the character the series revolves around and we're supposed to back him because he is going to be the end winner no matter what happens

Tehdas
Dec 30, 2012

Gortarius posted:

So how does this get resolved in one more episode?

It doesn't, and then there will be another stupid loving season of this poo poo.

Prolly, comic spoilers:

If it happens like in the comic, Negan sieges Hilltop, then goes with a small group (including Dwight) to parley with Rick. Rick then attacks Negan's group, wins with Dwight's help, captures Negan, Dwight goes off to rule over the saviours. End of war.
Makes sense in the comic since characters have arcs and it's one more step down Rick being a tyrant and Negan being more Machiavellian than evil.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They're gonna gently caress that up bad

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

LadyPictureShow posted:

CLIFFHANGER!

It wouldn't surprise me at all if it went down like that. Maybe without the helicopter part, if only because I doubt they'd be able to fit all that into one episode even if they crank the pace all the way up to glacial.
First ep of season 9 will probably start with one character in an unexpected situation some time after the cliffhanger, but we're not showing you what happened yet! Then that character has a flashback to season 7 or something, then we get more visions of the future, more lovely letter readings from Coral and only then, in the last ten minutes or so we get to see what actually happened and we're superhooked and can't wait for the next ep!!

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Stop voting this thread a 1, you're going to get it gassed. Don't take ur anger at the show out on this perfectly mediocre, 3-worthy thread.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Myron posted:

It wouldn't surprise me at all if it went down like that. Maybe without the helicopter part, if only because I doubt they'd be able to fit all that into one episode even if they crank the pace all the way up to glacial.
First ep of season 9 will probably start with one character in an unexpected situation some time after the cliffhanger, but we're not showing you what happened yet! Then that character has a flashback to season 7 or something, then we get more visions of the future, more lovely letter readings from Coral and only then, in the last ten minutes or so we get to see what actually happened and we're superhooked and can't wait for the next ep!!

Well friend, I’ll see you when we’re both kidnapped, and wake up in a dank basement, chained to a table.

‘Why are you doing this?!’
‘Is my family alright?! Dear God, my wife! Where’s my wife?!’

‘Write the scriptssssssss’ our captor hisses, before slamming the door shut. The only light in the room comes from the screens of two laptops. A script-writing program is the only thing accessible.

We click on it, it opens to a blank document titled ‘Walking Dead S9E1’

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

crazy cloud posted:

Stop voting this thread a 1, you're going to get it gassed. Don't take ur anger at the show out on this perfectly mediocre, 3-worthy thread.

lol that owns

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://imgur.com/vEywjQM.mp4

Someone add meme words or whatever

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 9, 2018

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

https://imgur.com/vEywjQM.gifv

amazing how she couldn't just chase him down by avoiding the zombie, like literally just running around the car

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh cool SA stopped hotlinking gifv's i guess?

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Best moment of the season. The way he ambles off is killing me!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
There's no way to catch up to the bumbling handcuffed fat nerd

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Someone please gif the fish.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
After I work out tonight I'll do it

I assume that's near the end of the ep?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

After I work out tonight I'll do it

I assume that's near the end of the ep?

08:50ish onwards.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Also I have this weird feeling that I suggested Eugene should puke on people to run away like 2 years ago

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol remember this, back when the show had a bit of character still

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
not what I was looking for but lol

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/Q0Wm6lD.gifv

dumb rear end doesnt even put formaldehyde in his fish

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

moist turtleneck posted:

https://i.imgur.com/Q0Wm6lD.gifv

dumb rear end doesnt even put formaldehyde in his fish

Haha holy gently caress how did I miss this! :five:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Like how is a partially thawed fish not better for that, it's not like you hurt the animal you just warmed it up a little

How many takes did they need

Also I forgot, so is Aaron going to live in the woods until the girls pity him enough that they wanna go die for Rick

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

moist turtleneck posted:

How do you survive in the walker apocalypse when you have to take a few seconds just to unsling your rifle?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

or while you pay literally zero attention to the enemy you have captured, literally right next to you

I mean they're growing tomatoes in tires and eating plastic fish so

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Eugene is a force of nature, if you know when to be nice to him and when to be mean to him, he is the ultimate weapon

Negan is a Eugene whisperer

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Johnny Truant posted:

or while you pay literally zero attention to the enemy you have captured, literally right next to you

I mean they're growing tomatoes in tires and eating plastic fish so

The enemy that you wisely zip-tied the hands of... in the front.

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016

moist turtleneck posted:

So are Derryl and Rosita still running around outside, looking for Eugene? Meanwhile, Eugene just went back into the building where they caught him at the door...

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

https://i.imgur.com/P7fydON.mp4

Thanks to moist turtleneck for the inspiration to waste my evening :mad:

I spent a lot of time figuring out a very makeshift way to do masking with my editing program, so yeah just wanted to point that out cause it is super missable :(

Edit
Holy poo poo, I just realized that Eugene's hands were tied up right? Not only did he bury himself in about 2 seconds, and stay still instead of breathing heavily, he did so while he was bound. This is also as dumb as Negan's cart situation.

JossiRossi fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 10, 2018

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

JossiRossi posted:

https://i.imgur.com/P7fydON.mp4

Thanks to moist turtleneck for the inspiration to waste my evening :mad:

I spent a lot of time figuring out a very makeshift way to do masking with my editing program, so yeah just wanted to point that out cause it is super missable :(

Edit
Holy poo poo, I just realized that Eugene's hands were tied up right? Not only did he bury himself in about 2 seconds, and stay still instead of breathing heavily, he did so while he was bound. This is also as dumb as Negan's cart situation.

Well I definitely hate this character as much as everyone else does now

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

crazy cloud posted:

I take offense to that

Moist Turtleneck gives this thread a +2 so it's a 5

ED: Hilariously this thread is way more dead and it was between seasons 4 years ago. Like. I could not post fast enough to get multiple posts on the same page, once upon a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spellman posted:

Eugene is a force of nature, if you know when to be nice to him and when to be mean to him, he is the ultimate weapon

Negan is a Eugene whisperer

I wish Eugene thought bigger.

Like "Given the likelyhood that nuclear arms are still operational within said nuclear bunkers given the lack of radioactive fallout and devastation in our immediate vicinity, I do believe we should desist with the creation of bullets and become a full blown nuclear state if you want total compliance."

Let's get crazy. I want a nuclear equipped Rictatorship

LadyPictureShow posted:

Well friend, I’ll see you when we’re both kidnapped, and wake up in a dank basement, chained to a table.

‘Why are you doing this?!’
‘Is my family alright?! Dear God, my wife! Where’s my wife?!’

‘Write the scriptssssssss’ our captor hisses, before slamming the door shut. The only light in the room comes from the screens of two laptops. A script-writing program is the only thing accessible.

We click on it, it opens to a blank document titled ‘Walking Dead S9E1’

Then you find a third laptop with a blood scrawled message "DO NOT GO OVER BUDGET", some claw marks and an empty chair

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Apr 10, 2018