Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw8LXy7A3_c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/982815946954985472

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:hai:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

posting clymer's awful takes itt is shooting fish in a barrel. unsporting

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol I loved when he straight up negged her on the first date in public and she swooned over that

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
its a dumb article, but mostly because it's yet another op ed piece, where someone tries desperately to project their romantic relationships into Statements About The Real World

she's obviously desperate, reaching out for anyone, and has simply rationalized that desperation as some sort of personal evolution

I expect most of the lanyard liberals, to make pretty much the same decisions, in one way or another, over the next couple of years, as their shallow ideology ultimately conflicts with their personal happiness and life/narrative, and 'come to terms' with the fact that half of the US are now edging towards fascism

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
the biggest reason, of course, being that such a change doesn't really challenge their class interests

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/redford/status/906265240823775232

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

rudatron posted:

I expect most of the lanyard liberals, to make pretty much the same decisions, in one way or another, over the next couple of years, as their shallow ideology ultimately conflicts with their personal happiness and life/narrative, and 'come to terms' with the fact that half of the US are now edging towards fascism

This is the modern mid-life crisis: accept the good german nature of being a company serf, or live a life of uncomfortable risk at the cost of mental health.

The US is just taking it up a notch on the good german scale.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
actually, the more I think, the more I realize that my initial reaction to:
was wrong. people have to make the best of the situation they're given, and you can't hold people acting desperately against them. people need affection, some people want a family, and so compromises get made - expecting ideological purity to trump personal happiness is being incredibly naive about human behavior. if her dating pool has contracted so far as to only realistically include 'trump voter', then i say, she should make the best of what she can, and I wish her good luck.

which is why most of the peeps in that twitter thread, are over-reacting. they're being way too moralizing. water flows down hill, and people follow the path of least resistance - they're hypocrites if they think they'd act differently, in some analogous situation.

having said that - it's still a tiresome MY ROMANCE op-ed and should therefore be burned.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

also if you scratch a liberal you get a fascist so why is anyone really surprised

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Classic internet 'progressive' you aren't enjoying your life the way I think you should therefore you are double hitler

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

I married a would-have-been Trump voter too so I guess I can't really judge

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Imagine dating someone who says with a straight face “But this is my yoga studio. No matter what happens with us, I claim this place.”

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Byolante posted:

Classic internet 'progressive' you aren't enjoying your life the way I think you should therefore you are double hitler
yeah, there's a bit of that too.

the irony here, is that the type of person who most vehemently buys into that, are the literal first people to change their tune when legit fascism comes around, and go turncoat - they can't hold themselves to the unreasonable standards they hold others, and rather than challenge their own moralistic basis of politics (ie be less judgemental), simply change their morals, and embrace the anti-social assumption behind reaction.

whether they realize it or not, their own personal 'marrying a trump voter' moment is laying in their future

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Imagine dating someone who says with a straight face “But this is my yoga studio. No matter what happens with us, I claim this place.”

They're committed to being very flexible sounds good imo

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Jose posted:

They're committed to being very flexible sounds good imo

Specifically the phrase "I claim this place" though

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Jeb! Repetition posted:

What the gently caress did that mean?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

hackbunny posted:

What the gently caress did that mean?

guessing the other party "has to" pick another yoga place if they split up

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

This is literally a conservative fapfic about taming the liberal shrew

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/dylanmatt/status/983319490124505088

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

He's right. A petri dish has more culture than the filthy amerikkans

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

She's going to eat that poor man alive

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

MizPiz posted:

This is literally a conservative fapfic about taming the liberal shrew

Yeah when I read it I was thinking about how this is a chud's fantasy of showing that liberal women want conservative guys because they're manlier

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

jesus gently caress i want to beat the man who wrote that with a tire iron

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

jesus gently caress i want to beat the man who wrote that with a tire iron

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/Kkzahu/status/983394458476666881?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

https://twitter.com/iAmTheWarax/status/983395260788289536

The Warax is good y'all.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

she should have thrown in something about Eurabia too

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ferretball Rises

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

Do Wahabbists think the Crusades were Jewish race-mixing? I need the answer to be yes, cram it in me

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'm reading that woman's twitter timeline and i understand why she's crazy now

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

get that OUT of my face posted:

i'm reading that woman's twitter timeline and i understand why she's crazy now

why?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

this isnt even the tna one aka the best one adn the one that got matt and jeff back into the dub dub

but also every WHY DO YOU CARE ITS FAKE take is the dumbest fuckin thing

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Plutonis posted:

Ferretball Rises

i was gonna go with Rape Speed but this is a better cut

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

The more you know about how pro wrestling works and its carnie origins, the more fascinating it gets.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The more you know about how pro wrestling works and its carnie origins, the more fascinating it gets.

Once you get into it deep your options are to be fascinated by the business side of things or the artistic side of it, how people pull off their characters outside of just doing promos, and storytelling, and all that

There's a lot to dig into with either, it just depends on what youre watching which is more interesting

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The saga of wcw is absolutely fascinating, you could make a hell of a documentary out of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

pro wrestling is like theater if the only play anyone knew was 'large men beat the poo poo out of each other' and that's beautiful