Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, because it would be retarded to get involved in Syria

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/halaljew/status/983141971098329088?s=19

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/AfarinMamosta/status/983366185445134337

lmao macron is gonna reinstate the mandate

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/RaniaKhalek/status/983375131027394560

yeah baby ohhh yeah baby let's do it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

Nobody will be paying a price more than us, believe me.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

every country is just getting some practice in for the big show this summer

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
Everybody will pay a price to Lockheed and Boeing.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Thug Lessons posted:

Close thread

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Thug Lessons posted:

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Thug Lessons posted:

drat

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Karl Barks posted:

every country is just getting some practice in for the big show this summer

honestly if we're gonna do nuclear holocaust properly, then it HAS to happen on july 4th

america was born that day, and we'll die on that day.....but we're taking the rest of you motherfuckers with us via the greatest fireworks show this mudball has seen since 65mya

because it's our destiny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EO9y4rGxvk

the missiles are flying. hallelujah..... hallelujah

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Thug Lessons posted:

ka-ching

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Thug Lessons posted:

Brown Moses hire this poster

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

trump's gonna move up the bombing of syria to tonight so he doesn't have to watch fox and friends talk about his lawyer's office getting raided tomorrow morning

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
Stay safe fascist Syrian ghost

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Atrocious Joe posted:

trump's gonna move up the bombing of syria to tonight so he doesn't have to watch fox and friends talk about his lawyer's office getting raided tomorrow morning

honestly, probably yeah

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
hope fascist assad eats a tomahawk

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
hes totally in a bunker somewhere atm

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

false flag :tinfoil:

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
https://twitter.com/digby56/status/983527818305748992

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

clearly he didnt get the memo

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Tankie Tucker Carlson

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

The tl;dr of Carlson’s monologue? The establishment is trying to demonize the Assad regime and blame it for the horrific attack that left dozens dead, including children, so that it can justify military action in Syria.

Clock broken, etc.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Frijolero posted:

lol at Trump and NATO just letting Turkey and Israel do whatever the gently caress they want

The virgin NATO vs the chad Warsaw pact

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
tucker carlson is actually phil greaves

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
assad did gassing but intervention bad because nothing the us does is going to improve the situation. its clear the assad regime is calling the us's bluff wrt intervention beyond air strikes, and even then russia would only allow so much before stepping in to prevent degradation of syrian military capabilities. this is all pointless and stupid. the syrian civil war is a drawn out bleeding that will only be made worse by further meddling.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Tankie Tucker

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/09/douma-inhabitants-prepare-leave-deadly-syria-chemical-attack?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

"Douma inhabitants prepare to leave after deadly chemical attack

Tens of thousands of people have already fled other parts of Ghouta after a two-month bombardment that has killed nearly 2,000, and other rebel groups have agreed to surrender deals that allow their exile to northern Syria.

A similar deal for Douma had foundered in recent days over the insistence of the local rebel group, Jaish al-Islam, that it wanted to stay in the city.

But after the alleged chemical attack, which followed an intense bombardment that began on Friday and appeared aimed at forcing a deal, negotiators said they had reached an agreement that would allow the exile of fighters and those who wish to leave from among the civilians."

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's insane that they ever thought the Syrians would let them just stay and keep being cops.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
tbh i just posted that cause it reads like using sarin gas wasn't irrational and they successfully forced JaI to leave. to be clear im not pro-intervention

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
at this point the use of chemical weapons is rational. the two sides are at a stalemate with the government holding an advantage but is also weakened. the point of chemical attacks is to show the opposition that their position is hopeless.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I'm not saying it's definitely a false flag, but accepting western media or government narratives on it is pretty dumb seeing as [entire history of western media and governments lying to justify interventions]

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
jet fuel cant melt dank memes :iamafag:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Man, even if it wasn't a false flag, I don't think interventionism based on truths would be that much better.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Ace of Baes posted:

I'm not saying it's definitely a false flag, but accepting western media or government narratives on it is pretty dumb seeing as [entire history of western media and governments lying to justify interventions]

but what about assad's Secret Infernal Machine?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

cargo cult posted:

jet fuel cant melt dank memes :iamafag:

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
i thought UN Weapons inspectors both shot down the 2003 DoD claims but also verified the Khan Sheikhoun attack as attributable to the assad regime

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Jaish al-Islam, the rebel group that runs Douma, were caught chlorine against Kurds in Aleppo in 2016, as well as having a chemical weapons shop in East Aleppo that was uncovered by YPG forces

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
maybe youre right im just some dumbass and i dont have the heart to follow any of this closely. does that mean it was different rebel groups false flagging themselves every time going back to 2013 despite it never having the intended effect of drawing in UK/US/France/gcc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cargo cult posted:

maybe youre right im just some dumbass and i dont have the heart to follow any of this closely. does that mean it was different rebel groups false flagging themselves every time going back to 2013 despite it never having the intended effect of drawing in UK/US/France/gcc?

Those other incidents are old news and don't really matter now, except as previous examples to build a case for military action. Just looking at the Khan Sheikhoun attack, the United States immediately reacted with an ineffective missile strike. The Trump presidency has demonstrated a willingness to act militarily, so further incidents of chemical attack would be building a case for something more serious.