Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm 31, but I will go to war with Russia.

As long as we have draft beer and I get to drive the tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

BarbarianElephant posted:

Note how much effort Julian Assange has put into avoiding Swedish prison, the nicest prison on the planet, roughly comparable to a student dorm that you can't leave.

Assange is mentally unhinged enough that he probably does think Sweden is/was going to immediately hand him to the US.

(if anything, we'd grab him off the street before/after he served time for rape)

wilderthanmild posted:

No Fly Zone would be ironic because that was the thing that made every freak out about Clinton.

So we're getting a No Fly Zone and the right is going to furiously defend it is what you're saying?

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I kinda wish that the DoJ didn't do it's most provocative move against Trump to date at the same time as a geopolitical crisis involving a nuclear power. Trump has to be thinking about using a war in Syria to distract from his corruption.

Personally I’m looking forward to the dissolution of the Executive once a Trump kid is raided / arrested.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I think it’s becoming increasingly obvious that the AG and Mueller were preparing for this raid, but didn’t have the real clinker they needed to get it justified. Then, amidst everything going on, Trump spews out on TV a stupid lie that he didn’t know anything about the Stormy Daniels money. The entire facade of Cohen’s legal defense against Stormy Daniels was the idea that Trrump was involved and thus a bunch of things were implied as legal (including the payment). Trump saying no, immediately turned that payment into a campaign finance violation, and turned the entire NDA into a type of law fraud (not clear on this latter part). Then the Mueller and SDNY had exactly what they were looking for and we see this.

Trump owned himself so hard.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

This is the analysis I crave

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/983702998760153089

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What was the guest list for William and Kate’s wedding? I know it’s not a 1 to 1 comparison since George is going to be the King of freaking England soon enough while Harry will never be anything but a side joke but still.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Landing troops is weird. Obviously doing so is counted as an invasion of a sovereign country, but somehow bombing it to poo poo from offshore gets a pass in the international community.

You need troops to control territory. Blowing poo poo up makes a real mess of things, but ultimately, airfields can be rebuilt.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I almost want to imagine the phone call between Cohen and Trump after trump said “no I didn’t” on tv re stormy Daniels where Cohen is just repeatedly yelling “why why why!”

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Your Taint posted:

Yeah the Old Testament is just stories of God being a massive throbbing dick.

God is a bitter angry drunk in the Old Testament who fucks with his peons because he can.

God sobered up in the New Testament and had a kid.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Christians aren't supposed to be dicks, except to fig trees

Right Evangelicals are one thing that are the cursed fig tree. If you don't bear fruit now you wither and die.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

How great would it be if they just invited Jeremy Corbyn....

the whole problem is they wanted to invite obama but not trump, so they're having to go to these hilarious lengths just to avoid inviting trump without it being a diplomatic incident

they're not snubbing May, they're refusing to invite her just so they don't need to have Trump there. they probably like may more than corbyn!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Aramis posted:

Figs literally eat wasps though, so that makes them cool and good.

Agreed, but I think it's still okay to approach everything wasp-adjacent with extreme prejudice.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

This seems like it's about 9 days late.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Blind Rasputin posted:

I think it’s becoming increasingly obvious that the AG and Mueller were preparing for this raid, but didn’t have the real clinker they needed to get it justified. Then, amidst everything going on, Trump spews out on TV a stupid lie that he didn’t know anything about the Stormy Daniels money. The entire facade of Cohen’s legal defense against Stormy Daniels was the idea that Trrump was involved and thus a bunch of things were implied as legal (including the payment). Trump saying no, immediately turned that payment into a campaign finance violation, and turned the entire NDA into a type of law fraud (not clear on this latter part). Then the Mueller and SDNY had exactly what they were looking for and we see this.

Trump owned himself so hard.

no

there is no way, at all, that campaign finance nonsense or stormy nonsense justified this. cohen is leaking that to try to discredit it and hide how hosed he and trump are

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Christians aren't supposed to be dicks, except to fig trees

God hates figs.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

He made him new daughters that were hotter than the old daughters!

i would like you to post one thing about the Bible that is not an extremely dumb way to interpret something

Largeguy posted:

The true moral of the story of David and Goliath isn't that God helps the weak overcome the strong. It's that religious fanatics will cheat and do dishonorable things for their god.

Goliath thought he was getting an infantry v. Infantry duel, then David drops his infantry weapons, pulls a sling, and reveals he's artillery and zings Goliath before he realizes he's been had.
what is with these extremely strange hot takes

the giant sees the kid approaching without armor or real weapons, and he's going to be aware that slings are a thing, the text does not support this

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/shearm/status/983733767775883265

Et tu, Rod.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Your Taint posted:

God hates figs.

:discourse:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

this is a good joke

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

literally the perfect tweet for this thread :3:

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Helen Highwater posted:

Get up
Everybody's gonna move their feet
Get down
Everybody's gonna leave their seat
You gotta lose your mind in Detroit LCS-7!

I was thinking something more like What Up Doe, or 50 Niggas/Bitches Deep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ_bA-w3sag

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 10, 2018

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

evilweasel posted:

the whole problem is they wanted to invite obama but not trump, so they're having to go to these hilarious lengths just to avoid inviting trump without it being a diplomatic incident

they're not snubbing May, they're refusing to invite her just so they don't need to have Trump there. they probably like may more than corbyn!

Hey, maybe they are using the whole issue as a nice excuse to not have to invite any politicians. Would *you* want Theresa May at your wedding?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

theflyingorc posted:

i would like you to post one thing about the Bible that is not an extremely dumb way to interpret something

The book of elisha is just fan fiction a kid wrote about the book of elijah that is in the bible for no reason.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
https://twitter.com/washingtonian/status/983746342626512897

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hey, maybe they are using the whole issue as a nice excuse to not have to invite any politicians. Would *you* want Theresa May at your wedding?

if my job was to be a hilariously obscenely wealthy national mascot with no actual duties, you bet i'd be sucking up to every major politician in my country to make sure nobody got any ideas about ending my mascot status. hell, i'd put them all in the wedding party.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The book of elisha is just fan fiction a kid wrote about the book of elijah that is in the bible for no reason.

the book of elisha is not a book of the bible

NOR IS ELIJAH NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Night10194 posted:

Job was written before God was widely conceived of as omnipotent or omniscient. God and Satan do not actually know if Job is going to remain righteous if all his stuff is taken away and can be interpreted as doing the whole experiment to see if the best possible human will do that.

They do not share this fact with him.

Well yeah that would affect the experiment.

Medical ethics wouldn't be invented until *shuffles through horrifying medical and psychological experiments conducted in the 20th Century* oh jeez, not until the 1980s?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
One of the few good things about the bible: When someone invokes "What Would Jesus Do?" beating the poo poo out of bankers, breaking their poo poo, and starting beef with fruit trees are all valid options.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

Your Taint posted:

God hates figs.

You did it. The whole discussion was leading up to this moment and you didn't wilt.

Thank you. It was worth it after all.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

evilweasel posted:

no

there is no way, at all, that campaign finance nonsense or stormy nonsense justified this. cohen is leaking that to try to discredit it and hide how hosed he and trump are

between what we've learned from the manafort, page, and gates cases, and what we've learned about Cohen's role in covering up Stormy/etc's claims, the idea that the Steele dossier might have been right (Cohen travelling to Prague to meet with Russians to cover up all the potentially damaging bullshit they knew about manafort and page) seems more and more plausible.

Cohen waived around his passport to show no Czech Republic, but Manafort had multiple passports, and though he denied this to the Senate, Warner and others have been very insistent to remind us they never were allowed to subpoena financial records that would actually prove where he'd been.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Zucks got that never squat bony rear end.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

She'd *probably* mostly behave herself, which is more than I can say for Trump (who would probably try his hardest to make it about him, then get pissy that he's not getting more attention than the bride and groom)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

FizFashizzle posted:

Zucks got that never squat bony rear end.

I bet he has Hank Hill rear end.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

I hope to God the fact that Rosenstein didn't recuse himself, because of his connection to the Comey firing, doesn't come back to bite the investigation in the rear end.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The sequal to the social network is gonna be lit

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

theflyingorc posted:

the book of elisha is not a book of the bible

NOR IS ELIJAH NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT

"when goku died all his magic juice leaked out of his bones into a guy named boku and boku was ten million times stronger than goku and he made bears attack people taht callled him blald"

great! put it in the bible!

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Crain posted:

One of the few good things about the bible: When someone invokes "What Would Jesus Do?" beating the poo poo out of bankers, breaking their poo poo, and starting beef with fruit trees are all valid options.

In the Apocrypha kid Jesus also tames dragons and uses his powers to murder any children who irritate him. (He resurrects them later and apologizes so it's all good.)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Russia is not starting a war with us over Syria. That would be a major overreaction on their part. I think they are just trying to discourage Trump from bombing, which is a waste of time.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

AhhYes posted:

You did it. The whole discussion was leading up to this moment and you didn't wilt.

Thank you. It was worth it after all.

I do what I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Prester Jane posted:

In the Apocrypha kid Jesus also tames dragons and uses his powers to murder any children who irritate him. (He resurrects them later and apologizes so it's all good.)

The dragons are a bit too far even considering the whole context of everything

• Locked thread