Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

and that man's name? ENRICO FERMI

busb posted:

its okay mikujin i will play this dumb game mode for you and tell you how bad it is when you get back

Clash: Tencent Definitely Didn't Make Us Do It

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Vermain posted:

That their aesthetics mesh with their given personality and characterization to create a cohesive whole. I don't think this is a particularly weird concept; costuming and character design is an artform all on its own in Hollywood. It's something we unconsciously evaluate, and what makes a character more or less difficult to buy varies depending on the setting and context. Pizza Delivery Sivir is a goofy joke skin, but if that was her base model with no changes to the storyline or voiceovers, she suddenly appears as a weird anomaly that fails to fit in with the rest of the cast.

All the furry midget goblin champs are already the weird anomaly

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

strong bird posted:

All the furry midget goblin champs are already the weird anomaly

Hard to argue with this one

Never forget the Meglings

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

how do you lose a game as amumu without intentionally throwing? seriously i can not lose with this guy. i have not lost as amumu

strong bird
May 12, 2009

*the furry midget dude dies and flies into the sky like a deflating balloon* Amazing and believable. I love storeytelling
*a girl is pretty* Argh! My immersion!

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Vermain already explained this. It’s not about a character literally being serious, it’s about having a consistent aesthetic/tone in a way that makes them feel like they were designed with a plan. Kai’Sa generic attractive woman plunging neckline look clashes badly with her “survivor of unspeakable horrors, adapted to alien environment” story. It’s compounded by the completely lackluster voice work.

Everything about Ziggs says explosives loving mad man, so when his death animation is him getting blown up by his own nonsense, it’s not a problem. By the way, people probably complained about Eve and MF, but their “generic attractive women” bits were at least somewhat woven into their mechanics and stories...which is why people didn’t complain as loudly.

Sorry if the use of the phrase “taken seriously” is confusing to you.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

strong bird posted:

*the furry midget dude dies and flies into the sky like a deflating balloon* Amazing and believable. I love storeytelling

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

and that man's name? ENRICO FERMI

Boxman posted:

Vermain already explained this. It’s not about a character literally being serious, it’s about having a consistent aesthetic/tone in a way that makes them feel like they were designed with a plan. Kai’Sa generic attractive woman plunging neckline look clashes badly with her “survivor of unspeakable horrors, adapted to alien environment” story. It’s compounded by the completely lackluster voice work.

Everything about Ziggs says explosives loving mad man, so when his death animation is him getting blown up by his own nonsense, it’s not a problem. By the way, people probably complained about Eve and MF, but their “generic attractive women” bits were at least somewhat woven into their mechanics and stories...which is why people didn’t complain as loudly.

I was hoping the captain fortune skin would become her new base skin.. too bad it's not.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

strong bird posted:

tbf being anywhere near a pretty girl isn't very believable for the average goon

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Yeah MF's base skin splash is probably the most gratuitous T@A in the game currently.

Anyway, how about that Irelia rework? I think I'm about to stop trying to Jungle her, it's just too much work for too little reward

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

Yeah MF's base skin splash is probably the most gratuitous T@A in the game currently.

Anyway, how about that Irelia rework? I think I'm about to stop trying to Jungle her, it's just too much work for too little reward

She doesn't seem as good one on one but in return she's a team fight God.

Kai'sa with the weird death's dance/rageblade/nashors build is op.

Zed is running rampant now.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

strong bird posted:

This.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

This is never good.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

strong bird posted:

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Boxman posted:

big thanks to you and the other league of legends loremasters for haughtily explaining that THIS champ cannot be hot, as she is "of the void", and that it is normal to both know about that, and actively care

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

She doesn't seem as good one on one but in return she's a team fight God.

Kai'sa with the weird death's dance/rageblade/nashors build is op.

Building any AP on Kai'Sa at all is actually really bad.

DD is p. good though yeah

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

Hmm yeah I'll say you're wrong

If you hate nashors then you can go runaans third

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

Whoever said champs are just a bunch of abilities on legs nailed it.

I just don't understand the level of sperg it takes to get emotionally invested in a League of Legends champion's backstory, outfits, lore, or anything beyond "can I wreck nerds with this guy or not".

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Gray Matter posted:

I just don't understand the level of sperg it takes to get emotionally invested in a League of Legends champion's backstory, outfits, lore, or anything beyond "can I wreck nerds with this guy or not".

how dare these freaking social degenerates care about a game they have been playing for years lmao. just absolutely sad how they have aesthetic preferences and know basic things about the games lore

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Gray Matter posted:

I swear some of you are robots in human skin.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Siets posted:

*Ahem* That'd be an Android :downs: :byoscience:

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Gray Matter posted:

drat spergs always caring about aesthetics and story instead of pure functionality stripped of any personality.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

Siets posted:

Yeah, but the human skin has a window to reveal the sculpted boob armor underneath.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Is Cho'gath hot?

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Tahm is four great abilities on some legs but the fact that he's a fatass n'awlins catfish who waddles makes him better. How hard is it to understand that?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like that a couple of people saying they thought the champion looked kind of dumb somehow ballooned into a multi-page derail with accusations of autism

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
He’s into vore.

Khazix is really dominant this patch. Kai’sa is broken, but only a bit, and most players will not used her kit optimally I think. I also think that game balance overall is really good. Standout carries bot are Caitlyn and Jhin, with Draven being surprisingly good with Conqueror. Alistar is far and away the best tank support right now, with Nami and Lulu being the strongest overall. Preference is probably based on if you can trade reliable CC for more stats for the carry and and better sustain. Irelia is really strong but has meaningful counterplay now, and most long time Irelia players are suffering since their champ doesn’t win slapfights for free any more. Zed’s lower ult CD was a huge change and he is much scarier late game now since you can’t play around it’s downtime really. Good Vlads are worth a ban; that champ is busted if you can’t CC him down. Yi is also having a great time since Yasuos are everywhere. With the Sej and Rammus nerfs, the super tank meta is fading. Rengar is also doing very well after his buffs. He’s been impactful in every game, and has been the second most terrifying fed champ I’ve seen, after a WW who has 15 kills and only bought initiation items so he could ult 4500 unit’s. Saw that guy go from red to under tower. Spooky.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Endorph posted:

i like that a couple of people saying they thought the champion looked kind of dumb somehow ballooned into a multi-page derail with accusations of autism

This at least has a heartbeat instead of the nth methanar blog update or keven non sequitur or the super ironic "I have a boner" discussion that comes up when people see a girl champion

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Standout carries bot are Caitlyn and Jhin, with Draven being surprisingly good with Conqueror.

Conqueror Draven actually sounds pretty loving scary come to think of it, I might give that a shot. Also are we talking ArPen Jhin or the much cooler and better crit one?

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 10, 2018

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Man I haven't played ranked in a while. Yasuo is so cancer with conqueror in mid.

Been playing Sion mid and he does well vs almost everyone. I actually saw a Sion top do this one of my game. Everyone has seen the red buff or blue invade by Sion then TP back into lane. But this guy went and died under the inhib turret lvl1 and proxied the whole wave. On his way he put a ward on red buff and tp'd back there. Died again to get red buff and then walked back into lane. The enemy Riven had to farm under turret since he got the whole wave at lvl1. He comes back in lane with red buff lvl2. Red buff is insane in melee match ups that early.

That was a pretty cool cheese I haven't seen yet. Anyway I think he was smurfing since he had no previous ranks and insane winrates/kdas.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Servaetes posted:

This at least has a heartbeat instead of the nth methanar blog update or keven non sequitur or the super ironic "I have a boner" discussion that comes up when people see a girl champion

Conqueror Draven actually sounds pretty loving scary come to think of it, I might give that a shot. Also are we talking ArPen Jhin or the much cooler and better crit one?

crit is better.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Crit Jhin scares the poo poo out of me sometimes.

Whoops, Jhin saw you with a ward and whipped a 2500 damage fourth shot over a wall, yer ded

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Futuresight posted:

drat spergs always caring about aesthetics and story instead of pure functionality stripped of any personality.

lmao

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

The Shortest Path posted:

Actually, pure AP Kai'Sa is a hilarious gimmick.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Servaetes posted:

conqueror reduces lifesteal as far as i know

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
yasuo seems good in theory but literally one of the like fifteen I've been in a game with on this patch has done well

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Verviticus posted:

conqueror reduces lifesteal as far as i know

I think the bonus AD is what hes aiming for stronger Q autos and losing lifesteal is inconsequential to him. It looks like it's also his best rune by a long shot

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I Liked klepto myself, but it’s undeniable that Conq is a good choice for him

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Sexpansion posted:

yasuo seems good in theory but literally one of the like fifteen I've been in a game with on this patch has done well

Yasuo is usually a good ban against the other team and your own.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Drafting Yasuo basically guarantees no jungle attention to any other lane because your jungler wants to get him ahead so he's getting kills while doing dumb 1v5s and the enemy jungler will be camping him to try and get him raging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

yasuo is a pretty good character if your team works together but unfortunately is played by morons and is despised so much that it never works properly

E: and to make it perfectly clear you do not just build around yasuo by taking lots of knockups, you also need to get other sources of magic damage and etc. 5 ad with knockups is still 5 ad

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Apr 11, 2018