Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Ultima66 posted:

Real talk if I get banned for flask macro I get banned and stop playing the game. I don't feel comfortable playing without it and I want to make videos once in a while so I'm not interested in changing anything.

Tbh it shouldn't even be a bannable offense and everyone on that sub knows it but lol reddit gonna reddit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

MMF Freeway posted:

Tbh it shouldn't even be a bannable offense and everyone on that sub knows it but lol reddit gonna reddit.

I'd pay to have them make "auto-injecting" on low life/mana into a rollable prefix on flasks. Instead I gotta be a potion outlaw.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
What is your flask macro? I'm asking for a friend.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

I really wish they allowed flask macros or built something like that into the game. I can't play Pathfinder builds because I can feel an RSI coming from constantly pressing the 1-5 keys.

nightwisher posted:

Here's my PoB for my magma orb inquisitor. I'm also NerfMeChrisNerfMeHard in the guild.

A couple quick notes:

I went Inquisitor for the massive amount of regen on consecrated ground, 6% base is gigantic and dwarfs other means of gaining percent-based mana regen. I'm not a fan of the "recover x% mana on skill use" method because it's unreliable and returns a vastly inferior amount compared to what amounts to "regen 75% of your mana per second". I've considered running a Gifts From Above for more reliable consecrated ground, but most of the ring's benefits are wasted and I'd lose a lot of mana. With a sulphur flask as backup I rarely have issues with having regen up.

My gear is pretty basic, hell the whole build is pretty basic; just get a shitload of mana and mana regen. I could have quite a bit more life, and a bit more mana, and damage-wise I could make big improvements via helm enchant, more crit multi on my gear and replacing crit damage in my links with ele focus. Despite that, poo poo melts. On a good run I can end shaper's phase in the opening salvo.

I was wrong about the mana regen, it's actually 3.2k regen from a 5.9k pool. It's extremely fast and coupled with warlord's mark mana leech I can sustain casting with the mana cost as high as ~3500. No regen maps are a no-go, as is reflect obviously.

Though it has decent EHP it has little in the way of mitigation, block, dodge or evasion, and only a very small amount of leech, so it can take some big hits but you really don't want to get stuck in a pack. Leech mostly comes from the amulet, because of the batshit high damage per hit it does, even .5% leech caps out my leech rate pretty fast.

Magma Orb is a somewhat annoying skill to use, especially the gloomfang variant as it basically plays like Ice Spear and you need to keep enemies at bay. It clears well, but can be clunky to use in tight spaces. It does encourage you to keep distance between you and your target, and you'll have to learn some new tricks to maximise your DPS (one good trick is to dodge into your orbs after casting a bunch, especially the slower proj singletarget version, and draw the enemy through your fire, this way you get to keep doing DPS while physically evading).

Zerphi is something I occasionally used but I usually didn't require it, it does nothing to prevent oneshots and that's really the only thing I die to now, so honestly I don't think it's worth it anymore, especially not being a Pathfinder, and especially not when I can sell it now for 10ex more than I bought it.

Thanks for the writeup. This is really helpful! I have an Indigon and a Zerphi's and trying to figure out what to do with both.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Attorney at Funk posted:

I have a fancy mouse with a side button grid and just map my flasks to the side buttons on my mouse. The reason it was getting hit in the video is because I tapped the button with my thumb while moving the mouse because I also have my push to talk for recording on my mouse.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

How is that a flask macro at all?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Attorney at Funk posted:

I'm still using the one built into PoeHud since that's the only auto-flask-chug that works anymore. I'm supposed to mention that it can get you banned (there was a PoeHud banwave a while back) but it's been fine for two leagues and I can only play the game one-handed are this point from my RSI.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Despair posted:

It isn't, lol

Edit: you could say he got zizzed on

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Mr. Despair posted:

Because I have more than 1 flask bound to a single mouse button and GGG says that's illegal.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Oh gotcha, I thought you just had 5+ buttons that you were using.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Ultima66 posted:

Because I have more than 1 flask bound to a single mouse button and GGG says that's illegal.

Oh, yeah it's Axiom for you then

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Cinara posted:

+2 Minion Gems does almost nothing for Raise Spectres. Assuming you are at least gem level 19 already, their max level is 100 and so will be determined by the zone level they were raised in, so more levels on the gem will just be a couple % damage boost each level. All other summons(Skeletons, Zombies, Golems, ect) are determined by the level of the gem, so a helm with +levels will make a large difference.
Thanks, good to know. I've moved my Raise Spectre to the Vis Mortis and will run either zombies or animate guardian in the +2 minion gem helm.

I had an amazing run of luck last night. After going the first month of the league with basically no drops of value, in the span of five or six yellow maps I found two exalts, a Kaom's Heart, and a Poet's Pen.

The RNG is a fickle mistress.

I'm not really sure what to do with my newfound wealth. A 6L Vis Mortis is about 6ex, but I don't know that one extra support slot is worth it. I might just bankroll a new character.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Despair posted:

Oh gotcha, I thought you just had 5+ buttons that you were using.

No you see, if there's a mini number pad and he mashed his fat thumb and hits them all that's fine, if a single button achieves the same result that's a lifetime ban.

Now they need to release a series of keyboards where one of the keys is 5 tiny keys grouped together.

Wait, I got it, one of those separate wireless numberpads for Excel, and strap it to a Rock Band kick pedal so you can stomp and drink all the potions with your foot.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, I agree, pressing keys is too hard.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

WhiteHowler posted:

Thanks, good to know. I've moved my Raise Spectre to the Vis Mortis and will run either zombies or animate guardian in the +2 minion gem helm.

I had an amazing run of luck last night. After going the first month of the league with basically no drops of value, in the span of five or six yellow maps I found two exalts, a Kaom's Heart, and a Poet's Pen.

The RNG is a fickle mistress.

I'm not really sure what to do with my newfound wealth. A 6L Vis Mortis is about 6ex, but I don't know that one extra support slot is worth it. I might just bankroll a new character.

I was able to snag an uncorrupted 6L Vis for only 4.5 ex the other night so keep an eye out for a good deal!

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I will keep using my 12345 AHK macro for as long as the game is designed around flasks that have 100% uptime and no strategy to when I use them.

Also holy crap, HH has always been fun but Mirage Archer takes it to a whole new level. Nothing else can leverage the absurd levels of attack speed you get from HH like a Mirage Archer spraying arrows everywhere as you just run around.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 10, 2018

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Tape a popsicle stick across your number keys

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Mr. Despair posted:

Yeah, I agree, pressing keys is too hard.

While this response might work for people talking about Pathfinder uptime, it's a pretty loving lovely response to someone with an RSI

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

pork never goes bad posted:

While this response might work for people talking about Pathfinder uptime, it's a pretty loving lovely response to someone with an RSI

I have massive RSI, and clicking flasks doesn't even register. Looting is probably the poo poo that hurts the most. Give me a currency vacuum if you want to combat RSI. Shift-attacking did hurt a lot, but numlock fixed that (and they are implementing an ingame function for it soonTM)

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

TheRat posted:

I have massive RSI, and clicking flasks doesn't even register. Looting is probably the poo poo that hurts the most. Give me a currency vacuum if you want to combat RSI. Shift-attacking did hurt a lot, but numlock fixed that (and they are implementing an ingame function for it soonTM)

I can't even hold down the mouse button for PPVD constantly, I switch hands and have Frenzy bound to the spacebar so I can rest my off-hand there.

I wonder if VR gaze-tracking when it comes out could be accurate enough to control a mouse for games like this?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I liken it more to someone wanting to use an aimbot because moving the mouse hurts to much.

There are streamers who do more drastic stuff to deal with their rsi (seafarion plays with a controller, for example) without resorting to macros and the like. Maybe I'm the terrible lovely rear end in a top hat here (beyond my general shittyness at least), but I feel like there are ways to deal with this that don't involve violating the ToS, and if you physically can't press some keys on a keyboard because you're RSI is just that bad, then maybe you shouldn't be playing a game that's so drat bad for your health.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Mr. Despair posted:

I liken it more to someone wanting to use an aimbot because moving the mouse hurts to much.

Auto flasks... maybe. But one button that hits 5 buttons? Come on.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Lol I do it acknowledging I might get banned and my opinion is that this argument isn't going to lead to GGG changing their policy whether or not they eventually change the policy so I don't really give a poo poo about actually arguing whether it's a good policy or not.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Cinara posted:

Sure but the guy outright said he's using Poehud which has autoflask among other cheating stuff.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Bricked an Uber Atziri set because I was too busy trying to not get gibbed by reflect. DD doesn't do enough damage to quickly push her phases either.

Oh well. I'll just nab credit from someone eventually.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Tape a popsicle stick across your number keys

If they could prove it they would ban for this also. Not joking.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Would be nice if GGG was willing to work with people suffering from RSI and make their game more physically accessible. They should get in touch with HalfCo or something.

J
Jun 10, 2001

GGG's stance on macros that activate multiple flasks with 1 button is completely asinine and I just wish they'd support that functionality on the in-game keybindings menu.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Kild posted:

Sure but the guy outright said he's using Poehud which has autoflask among other cheating stuff.

These are two different people in this thread.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

George posted:

Would be nice if GGG was willing to work with people suffering from RSI and make their game more physically accessible. They should get in touch with HalfCo or something.

GGG doesn't even bother to put in a colorblind mode. I wouldn't hold my breath about anything accessibility wise.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

These are two different people in this thread.

Please point them out because this is the only one I know about

Zero VGS posted:

I'm still using the one built into PoeHud since that's the only auto-flask-chug that works anymore. I'm supposed to mention that it can get you banned (there was a PoeHud banwave a while back) but it's been fine for two leagues and I can only play the game one-handed are this point from my RSI.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

this is why you have your flask macro staggered a tiny bit

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Kild posted:

Please point them out because this is the only one I know about

this conversation got started because ultima posted a video where he clearly flask macros

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Despair posted:

There are streamers who do more drastic stuff to deal with their rsi (seafarion plays with a controller, for example) without resorting to macros and the like. Maybe I'm the terrible lovely rear end in a top hat here (beyond my general shittyness at least), but I feel like there are ways to deal with this that don't involve violating the ToS, and if you physically can't press some keys on a keyboard because you're RSI is just that bad, then maybe you shouldn't be playing a game that's so drat bad for your health.

I've made very elaborate Xbox profiles in Xpadder to play this game, let's just say it is not easy. Just to rub it in they have the Xbox One version and won't port the controls from that to PC (like I can understand some skills work different, but for Christ sakes at least let me use the analog stick to move instead of the janky mouse emulation I gotta do).

I totally understand if you don't like me. I hate cheaters in games, but I justify my autoflasks by:

a) I wouldn't play the game at all if I didn't resort to this stuff to make it ergo enough

b) I don't really care if I'm banned

c) I'm in no way competitive, you're not running up against me in some ladder and I've never played PvP. All I really do in the game is run other goons through my bonus maps all night since I'm such a nice guy.

d) GGG has no dialog open with regards to accessibility at all, I searched their forums and it's multiyear-threads with no responses

e) I support the game, and besides, GGG hired a (former?) PoE RMT guy which takes them down a few pegs from the moral high ground

f) As we saw, there's some pretty brazen botting operations going on in the game and it doesn't seem like there's any heuristics to catch them, unless they do something dumb like make their profiles public

So yeah I know I'm being kinda naughty but it is what it is.

Awesome! posted:

this conversation got started because ultima posted a video where he clearly flask macros

Right, he is using one button to type multiple numbers at once, I'm like pot smoking and he's like jay walking on the ToS Illegality Scale.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Awesome! posted:

and where did I or the guy I originally quoted (well the guy who was quoted by the guy I quoted) talk about Ultima? lol

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The PoE RMT guy was hired to dismantle the RMT markets as much as they can. I have no idea if they were successful or not, but that's the official answer.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Kild posted:

and where did I or the guy I originally quoted (well the guy who was quoted by the guy I quoted) talk about Ultima? lol

Cinara posted:

you quoted and responded to this. cinara is talking about what ultima is doing with the "one button that hits 5 buttons" thing

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

also i really dont want to get dragged into whatever retarded argument you are having about it

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

I've made very elaborate Xbox profiles in Xpadder to play this game, let's just say it is not easy. Just to rub it in they have the Xbox One version and won't port the controls from that to PC (like I can understand some skills work different, but for Christ sakes at least let me use the analog stick to move instead of the janky mouse emulation I gotta do).

I totally understand if you don't like me. I hate cheaters in games, but I justify my autoflasks by:

a) I wouldn't play the game at all if I didn't resort to this stuff to make it ergo enough

b) I don't really care if I'm banned

c) I'm in no way competitive, you're not running up against me in some ladder and I've never played PvP. All I really do in the game is run other goons through my bonus maps all night since I'm such a nice guy.

d) GGG has no dialog open with regards to accessibility at all, I searched their forums and it's multiyear-threads with no responses

e) I support the game, and besides, GGG hired a (former?) PoE RMT guy which takes them down a few pegs from the moral high ground

f) As we saw, there's some pretty brazen botting operations going on in the game and it doesn't seem like there's any heuristics to catch them, unless they do something dumb like make their profiles public

So yeah I know I'm being kinda naughty but it is what it is.

Right, he is using one button to type multiple numbers at once, I'm like pot smoking and he's like jay walking on the ToS Illegality Scale.

Why do you need Poe hud a known cheat program to use auto flasks? Use ahk , your mouse/keyboard software to do your flask macro and you’ll never get banned or looked upon as a dirty cheater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I was just typing up a long forensic reply to Kild when I realized that this conversation is making me act like an rear end in a top hat. Or, perhaps, taking some more responsibility, I'm acting like an rear end in a top hat in this conversation. Sorry for the "pretty lovely" hyperbole, Mr D.

Personally, I hate flask management so play builds that don't rely as much on them. It's a major reason why I never played Pathfinder. I just ordered a Razer mouse with side number pad so we'll see if that makes it better. I also dislike middle-mouse-clicking for skills and hope it helps with that. I don't know what I think about auto-flasks (probably that it isn't right but Zero VGS's reasons sound reasonable and idk how to draw lines here), but I don't think binding 3 buttons to one button should be a problem and am disappointed that it is. I am also disappointed in GGG's low attention paid to accessibility. But none of these feelings are really strong, and certainly not strong enough to justify being a jerk.