Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

In Training posted:

It's Shin Godzilla or the original

Neither of those has Joseph Stalin with a katana helping Godzilla save earth by doing things like beating up his friends with his other friends or tossing Zilla into the Sydney Opera house.

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah for me Nier Automata is best ever, not even close really. Second place would probably be smash bros 64. wait was that the one with the ones you could shoot?

Melee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Part of me wishes that they never patch FC5 because it seems like the only reason to play it is because of how bethesda-esque the bugs are; if the game stops being buggy you're left with another dull far cry game that has the worst story ever told.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Nasgate posted:

Godzilla 2014 was a good movie. This makes me conflicted because I hate it as a Godzilla movie.

Also, speaking of the "cloverfield universe". IIRC they were trying to make another Godzilla vs King Kong because they added some allusions to Godzilla in Kong; Skull Island
They are still trying, I think they're just going to remake Ghidorah, The Three Headed Monster first.

Also the new American movie was good, but it was still pretty disappointing that it wasn't as bleak as the initial trailers were expressing. I was expecting something more like the original movie.

I still need to watch Shin Godzilla.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is that PS4 Godzilla game any good?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

no it plays like poo poo, but if you really really like godzilla you might get like an hour and a half out of it just to see all the monsters in it

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zaphod42 posted:

Portal or dbz budokai 2

Anybody wondering why I said Budokai 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdO6PgFjkKY

E: not sure if I prefer that version or this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfOl92zc4c8

Its basically the same as the God Hand ending which yeah, is also amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFSen7DRQWU

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 11, 2018

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Taintrunner posted:

I hear its not, but if you're a Godzilla fan its alright because its very faithful to the spirit of the series. I should probably get it.

Save the Earth is still the best Godzilla game.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i was really liking holy diver for the nes until they decided stage 4 needed to be a gauntlet of medusa heads and unkillable golems

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
gently caress hit quote not edit

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

The Colonel posted:

i was really liking holy diver for the nes until they decided stage 4 needed to be a gauntlet of medusa heads and unkillable golems

Clock Tower???

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
biolante might be my fav godzilla movie but i havent seen it so long and i havent seen shin godzilla yet

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Nasgate posted:

Clock Tower???

No, Holy Diver

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Man, I remember worrying about money in Yakuza 0 but now I just finish a short chapter and get 100,000,000 yen. Too bad I'm too busy with this story to do the side stuff at the moment.

Someone spoil for me how you get the chicken as a manager, I haven't figured it out yet

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Played more Dragon Quest 5.

I think JRPG fans might be brokebrained

I’m brokebrained too (for different reasons) so I’m allowed to say that

e: Ah it’s fine. The combat is just bad and I died to some random high-levelled enemy and lost some gold. I’m okay now

Jay Rust fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 11, 2018

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Man, I remember worrying about money in Yakuza 0 but now I just finish a short chapter and get 100,000,000 yen. Too bad I'm too busy with this story to do the side stuff at the moment.

Someone spoil for me how you get the chicken as a manager, I haven't figured it out yet

Go bowling and get three strikes in a row. I had my best luck with the ten pound ball, taking like two steps to the right, and aiming between the center pin and the one directly to its right.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I started on Ruiner tonight. I like the game so far. The art style is beautiful, and the cyberpunk setting is awesome. I am always a sucker for cyberpunk settings though. The sudden quick flashes of text and characters is really annoying though, and the pacing is a bit rough with too many cutscenes.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Taintrunner posted:

Go bowling and get three strikes in a row. I had my best luck with the ten pound ball, taking like two steps to the right, and aiming between the center pin and the one directly to its right.
Alternatively, use the 8 pound ball and mash X as fast as you can to get the through the direction and power. I nearly bowled a perfect game with that strategy.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
Still thinking about how extremely good that second Telltale Batman season was. John for Best Character 2018

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Which game has the best end credits?

I feel like you need to split this into interactive and non interactive credits sequences, because the former is pretty much always better. Case in point: Katamari Damacy

Skies of Arcadia's credits own though because they do the movie cliche of "where are they now" but the music is beautiful and that game is perfect so it works

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

psychoJ posted:

Still thinking about how extremely good that second Telltale Batman season was. John for Best Character 2018

I finished it Sunday. It was incredibly good and I hope the VA for John gets more work as the Joker because he was really good at it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I just beat it myself and god drat that was some good stuff.

Telltale can still pull it off sometimes.

John is my best friend :cry:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Well this Everspace game seems pretty fuckin' amazing

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Jay Rust posted:

Played more Dragon Quest 5.

I think JRPG fans might be brokebrained

I’m brokebrained too (for different reasons) so I’m allowed to say that

e: Ah it’s fine. The combat is just bad and I died to some random high-levelled enemy and lost some gold. I’m okay now

If you came into a dragon quest game expecting modern gameplay of any sort, then buddy, you are in the wrong place.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
More games should have pre-credits curtain calls where all the enemies run by and you learn their goofy names.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

raditts posted:

If you came into a dragon quest game expecting modern gameplay of any sort, then buddy, you are in the wrong place.

The fact that they managed to gently caress up the control scheme in a minecraft clone is still kinda amazing.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Pigbuster posted:

More games should have pre-credits curtain calls where all the enemies run by and you learn their goofy names.

I like the KDL3 roll you get when you beat the game without all the heart stars.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Pigbuster posted:

This was the best part of Pikmin 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf9sifQbDLE

When I was a kid I called one of the enemies breadbugs (cause they look like a loaf of bread) and then I saw them actually called that in the credits. I felt really smart and clever.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I've been avoiding the second season of telltale batman because I was bored with the first and I'm just fed up with telltale in general. Is season 2 really that good?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

And here I was thinking I'd already made a turkey at some point. Thanks!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well I really liked the first season too, but season 2 is amazing.

Idk I was pretty much done with Telltale which is why I hadn't touched either till this weekend but now I'm glad I did.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I only see one Telltale Batman on Steam. Does that have both seasons?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Really Pants posted:

I only see one Telltale Batman on Steam. Does that have both seasons?

Season two has the tagline "The Enemy Within"

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

an actual dog posted:

I've been avoiding the second season of telltale batman because I was bored with the first and I'm just fed up with telltale in general. Is season 2 really that good?

I liked the first one and thought it was one of their better efforts. For me it’s their best game yet. Lots of great moments and tough choices to make and it’s a really good origin type story. If you just hate the telltale style of game, I don’t know if it would change your mind.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Xbox One X gets 19 new games into its backward compatibility program including :siren: Red Dead Redemption :siren:

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/983848041911205889

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
That will be cool for the 19 people that bought an Xbox One X.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Pigbuster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hszeW_tEKPw

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

Skies of Arcadia's credits own though because they do the movie cliche of "where are they now" but the music is beautiful and that game is perfect so it works

Name/Post combo

Where's my skies of arcadia pc port sega!!!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Panzer Dragoon Orta is available on Xbox One starting April 17. :homebrew:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I went back to Telltale Batman since it was on sale

holy poo poo it's really good! maybe even slightly better than Tales from the Borderlands. the action parts feel really good and it's cool that you sometimes get the option of planning your assault and the light puzzle-solving detective stuff is neat. But above all what they do with the Batman canon is great.

• Locked thread