Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's not only required but ethical to install a mod that removes harvey's awful mustache

Harvey's mustache is integral to his character of being a huge dork :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

My pet theory is that Harvey has a mustache because someone told him facial hair would make him look older. He has not gotten a second opinion more recently.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
On my last playthrough, I got a storm in the middle of the season and got a lightning strike on one of my crops. It was the free starfruit you get from the museum. I was very annoyed.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Are you going to plant grass in front of the chicken coop at some point? Or is that not actually a plantable thing?

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

You can buy plantable grass, yeah. There's just plenty of it on the farm when you start off, so it's kind of a waste of money unless you clear-cut your farm before you get a silo and animals.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Kerning Chameleon posted:

On my last playthrough, I got a storm in the middle of the season and got a lightning strike on one of my crops. It was the free starfruit you get from the museum. I was very annoyed.

now i'm imagining losing an ancient fruit to this before you've been able to multiply any seeds

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
There's a way to get around it, but you're not likely to have it unlocked before the first thunderstorm hits.

Lightning's also more likely to hit trees than crops if the wiki's to be believed, so don't clear-cut your farm I guess.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

White Coke posted:

So earthquakes happen whenever Lewis drops his weighted training shorts?

It raises his power level by 25%.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

azren posted:

It raises his power level by 25%.

Taking off his training mustache gets him another 10%.

SS-Kumei
Sep 1, 2012

White Coke posted:

Taking off his training mustache gets him another 10%.

I like to think this is an anime as all hell transformation scene where he rips off his mustache, then grunts and screams and grows a new, bigger, badder mustache.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Slime Rancher

Now I'm sad.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
drat stupid onion-chopping ninjas. drat you. *Sniff*

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Those were some nice credits.

Also, yeah, the Slimepedia entry for each slime does tell you what their plorts are used for. My personal favourite are Puddle plorts, which are "used to create an absurdly expensive brand of bottled drinking water that is sought after by the elite back on Earth".

Quantum Toast fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Apr 13, 2018

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

ANGER HAS NEVER BEEN MORE MANLY THAN THIS
Oh you filthy lucker, just finding a Gilded Ginger like that!

...You better show off one of the better uses for it. Stick it in a gordo snare when you have the Golden Sureshot, then go find three more!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I thought the song was (in-story) performed by Casey. It's a pretty drat androgynous voice, after all.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Also, slime rancher is 40% off on steam right now.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!

Tenebrais posted:

I thought the song was (in-story) performed by Casey. It's a pretty drat androgynous voice, after all.

Also a drat pretty androgynous voice!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Kurieg posted:

Also, slime rancher is 40% off on steam right now.

only 12 bucks for a chill as hell game

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Tenebrais posted:

Nope.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
The Ancient Water springs are designed where you can get to 3-4 of the revival plants. You might need the full time to get one but they're spaced as such that you can get every one of them. The big puzzle is finding the right spring for the right set of flowers since the Tangle Plort one is pretty devious. It's kind of the training wheels for the platforming required to get some of those treasure pods.

Mosaic and Tangle Plorts are always good money makers. Even if you absolutely crash their prices they're still going to be worth 30-40 or so slimebux per plort.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, that's a pretty nice credit scene. What triggers further letters from Casey? Just plot progress, or time?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Welp, I started playing Stardew Valley again. And while I'm not nearly the Filthy Lucker Thornbrain is, I did find a loving diamond drop off of a diggy on day 10.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Glazius posted:

Yeah, that's a pretty nice credit scene. What triggers further letters from Casey? Just plot progress, or time?

i think it's a combination of both? once you reach the glass desert and start going into it, reading the hobson notes, it seems like the final stretch of casey letters starts picking up even if it's been a while since you've had any. there might be some triggers in the slime key doors and the like that will enable more letters to show up. it's all meant to roughly culminate in the player finding that last point out at the end and getting the final messages.

i think i first found that final spot when it was night and the giant slime-faced moon took up like half the screen. it looked pretty great.

e: there we go, forgot i had this

Johnny Joestar fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Apr 16, 2018

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The letters require you to open a certain number of slime gates, and also wait at least 24 hours since you've read the last one.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Stardew Valley

Hot melon soup for the soul

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

A whole delicious melon with shell and unsliced. Just splash it in there. Mmmmmm.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
A game over for putting something poisonous in the soup would have been great.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Alkydere posted:

Welp, I started playing Stardew Valley again. And while I'm not nearly the Filthy Lucker Thornbrain is, I did find a loving diamond drop off of a diggy on day 10.

I found an iridium band and diamond from fishing in the first spring! I've been playing long enough the second item's a bit passé though.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I found an iridium band and diamond from fishing in the first spring! I've been playing long enough the second item's a bit passé though.

Still a very nice shot in the arm for early game where every dollar helps. The iridium band was drat filthy luck though.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

for the record, the legendary fish found off the end of that pier in summer doesn't require it to be raining to show up. it'd sure be AWFUL if any of them were restricted by both season and weather

which is why one of them is, of course

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Leal posted:

A game over for putting something poisonous in the soup would have been great.
There is precedent for it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-sIRFT7gAw
(skip to 2:35 for actual mushrooming)

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Haifisch posted:

There is precedent for it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-sIRFT7gAw
(skip to 2:35 for actual mushrooming)

I'd argue that's actually the best possible ending for that particular game. :colbert:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
How expensive are those fermenting things to get going, anyway? It seems odd you've still only got one when you've got multiple forges and mayo things and recyclers.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Glazius posted:

How expensive are those fermenting things to get going, anyway? It seems odd you've still only got one when you've got multiple forges and mayo things and recyclers.

Not very expensive at all. I stock up on them pretty soon. The kegs cost oak resin though, so those take some time.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Slime Rancher

I've gotten pretty rich this LP. I clearly haven't gotten rich enough.
Let's get golden.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
Silos have been greatly improved since you recorded this - you can now store three different things in each side, up to 300 of each.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Sad thing is having watched King of the Hill a few times, I can actually believe that Hank would try to turn his character in while playing GTA.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Oh god everything in Slime Rancher is a smile. I just now realized the view-screens on equipment are giant open-mouth smiles too with upturned corners and a pair of eye-like indentations in the frame above.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

ThornBrain posted:

Slime Rancher

I've gotten pretty rich this LP. I clearly haven't gotten rich enough.
Let's get golden.

If you sell more than 15 of any non-gold plort the market forces the price to drop by half the next day until it hits the floor for that variety.

It is technically possible to crash the market on gold plorts but you have to sell upwards of 500 at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
This LP got me to buy Slime Rancher finally. It's fun but now I feel too much pressure to do well and feed my slimes. I'm failing at chilling with this chill game, help.

Chimera-gui posted:

Sad thing is having watched King of the Hill a few times, I can actually believe that Hank would try to turn his character in while playing GTA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF5wkq4W_GQ