Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I'm happy to see this mission come up first! My first time playing this game I put off Duerr until I'd already done a 'regular' run, which means I didn't get to see all his interactions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012

Nordick posted:

Dürr? I don't even knürr!

This is equal parts :hurr: and :perfect: and I love it.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Stroth posted:

Not even suspect it really. If she is alive and planning to destroy the world then when she tries then Lofwyr would just smack her right the gently caress down.

But we don't know what spending 40 years in a radioactiva hellscape could have done to her. This is Shadowrun, the laws of physics decided to take a vacation when magic sucker punched it in the dick (example, look at the motorcycle that managed to go 6 times the speed of light).

I've never finished dragonfall, only got to (what I think) was gonna be the last mission, after pushing the "paid 50k" button but before (what I assume would be) the mansion retraux, because I had to format my computer around the same time.

So, that said, I bet 1 internet cookie that Feuerschwinge will be a radioactive zombie dragon that is trying to take over the world. Any takers?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Kanfy posted:

As long as you know for a fact that it's completely unrelated to either Dragonfall or Hong Kong then I've technically no issue with it, but you have to be absolutely certain with clear memory of every plot point and ending of both games. As FoolyCharged says, there are absolutely insect spirit equivalents in these games which are 100% considered spoilers despite being "common knowledge" to anyone who knows their Shadowrun, and which may not even necessarily come up in the story until the literal ending texts.

Overall I prefer erring on the side of caution because it can be hard to always remember what's relevant and what isn't and if someone does start slipping up, it's real hard to say "hey let's avoid this particular topic" because that just confirms it as a spoiler.

I'm pretty sure it is totally unrelated but I'll be holding off regardless just in case.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Siegkrow posted:

radioactive zombie dragon
Isn't that a Yugioh card?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Siegkrow posted:

But we don't know what spending 40 years in a radioactiva hellscape could have done to her. This is Shadowrun, the laws of physics decided to take a vacation when magic sucker punched it in the dick (example, look at the motorcycle that managed to go 6 times the speed of light).

I've never finished dragonfall, only got to (what I think) was gonna be the last mission, after pushing the "paid 50k" button but before (what I assume would be) the mansion retraux, because I had to format my computer around the same time.

So, that said, I bet 1 internet cookie that Feuerschwinge will be a radioactive zombie dragon that is trying to take over the world. Any takers?

I'll take that action.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Can a great dragon actually tangle with a fighter jet squadron?

I remember Night Watch had a whole plot point about people trying to awaken a dragon and the other characters kept pointing out that a dragon is no match for an attack helicopter.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Can a great dragon actually tangle with a fighter jet squadron?

I remember Night Watch had a whole plot point about people trying to awaken a dragon and the other characters kept pointing out that a dragon is no match for an attack helicopter.

If this were Drakengard it would be a very one-sided matchup.

Paul mentioned the Luftwaffe helped take down Feuerschwinge way back in update 3. But he also notes that apparently it was Vauclair's experimental weapons that eventually brought her down, so they don't sound like they were that effective.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

If this were Drakengard it would be a very one-sided matchup.

That's hardly true. There's no Tokyo Tower around to get impaled by.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Finally caught up with the thread. Read the first LP in the archives and as a backer and fan of both SR games I'm really loving how you're telling the story.

Also,

reminded me of this immediatly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5dtehsVT_k&t=29s

And I must say this game was pretty much focus-designed for my tastes. Shadowrun, great cast in a left-wing anarchist setting? Yeah that's so much up my alley that it's scary.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

KataraniSword posted:

That's hardly true. There's no Tokyo Tower around to get impaled by.

But there's the Fernsehturm at Alexanderplatz instead. Unless that no longer exists in the setting?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Kopijeger posted:

But there's the Fernsehturm at Alexanderplatz instead. Unless that no longer exists in the setting?
I'm sure we could rustle up another one if we need it. Cologne has one of its own, that's not so far away.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Given standard CRPG plot twists, I'm wondering which cast member is Firewing.

I wonder if WE might secretly be Firewing given some of the dialogue in the opening run and the personnel files.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm not going to confirm or deny any plot theories, i just wanted to comment that there are some wild and cool ones going in this thread.

Also how could everyone miss the whole communist spy drones from beyond the stars subplot?

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Yeah this job has "bad" written all over it.

Running with a different team, for a shadowy organization that's twisting your arm about lovely pay, based on vague promises of future action for doing "simple tasks" that pay handsomely.

Let alone this job popping up mere hours after we've put the Firewing Mark on ourselves, or that this shadowy organization claims to be anti-corp.

I don't know that there's enough money in the world to take this kind of run, let alone doing it for 1500 nuyen.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I'm not going to confirm or deny any plot theories, i just wanted to comment that there are some wild and cool ones going in this thread.

Also how could everyone miss the whole communist spy drones from beyond the stars subplot?

Alright, I think this joke may have run its course by now.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
KANFY IS TRYING TO STIFLE THE TRUTH.

Kanfy posted:

Alright, I think this joke may have run its course by now.

NOTHING STOPS THE FLUX!

Rosa the Mage as Rosa Diaz from BK99 is now headcanon. Dunno why she dyed her hair blonde, though. Maybe she actually liked this look:

Conot posted:

Yeah this job has "bad" written all over it.

Running with a different team, for a shadowy organization that's twisting your arm about lovely pay, based on vague promises of future action for doing "simple tasks" that pay handsomely.

Let alone this job popping up mere hours after we've put the Firewing Mark on ourselves, or that this shadowy organization claims to be anti-corp.

I don't know that there's enough money in the world to take this kind of run, let alone doing it for 1500 nuyen.

Eh, if Feuerschwinge knew where we were they wouldn't send some tech brah to give us an offer, she'd just murder us in our sleep and in our safehouse. More likely these guys got word of us through our tipping off Altug about people moving against the neighborhood. They clearly knew who Monica was, and maybe they'd approached her in the past.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 11, 2018

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Loxbourne posted:

I wonder if WE might secretly be Firewing given some of the dialogue in the opening run and the personnel files.

Is that ever actually a thing outside of KOTOR 1

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yes, (SPOILER for another game I can't actually name without spoiling) in Dark Messiah you find out about halfway through. You can choose between different endings however.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

habeasdorkus posted:

KANFY IS TRYING TO STIFLE THE TRUTH.

NOTHING STOPS THE FLUX!

Schockwellenreiter account spotted.

quote:

Eh, if Feuerschwinge knew where we were they wouldn't send some tech brah to give us an offer, she'd just murder us in our sleep and in our safehouse. More likely these guys got word of us through our tipping off Altug about people moving against the neighborhood. They clearly knew who Monica was, and maybe they'd approached her in the past.

All I'll say about this run is that Kanfy's decision to do it first is intriguing to me, and I'm very interested to see how it'll play out.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Captain Oblivious posted:

Same developers, but Baldur gate did it too.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

habeasdorkus posted:

Eh, if Feuerschwinge knew where we were they wouldn't send some tech brah to give us an offer, she'd just murder us in our sleep and in our safehouse.
Well, just a few updates ago there were those rumors about deckers discovering something they shouldn't have, disappearing and coming back "wrong," so whatever is going on there, I wouldn't bet on it being so merciful as quick death in your sleep.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Glory is one of my all time favorite NPCs, especially now that we know theres something magical going on. Super good hook for a story.

Also, is it better to play dead mans switch as a mod for hong kong or should I play the original? I got into Dragonfall as a result of this thread, and I also played Hong Kong, so going back to the DMS engine might be a hassle but I'm down if its the superior experience.

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

You don't. Immortal elves are born, not made. It's basically random, but very, very rare. There are never more than handful of them born in each cycle. Regular elves can live for a few centuries if they're lucky, but nowhere close to forever.
That's neat. Are they immediately identifiable as immortal or do they just figure it out once all their childhood friends die of old age?

Also, as meta-humans go, orcs and trolls age fast, humans are human and elves age slowly. What about dorfs?

Do dorfs have their own nation/Not-Moria somewhere?

Loxbourne posted:

We are all the Firewing. :tinfoil:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Lechtansi posted:

Glory is one of my all time favorite NPCs, especially now that we know theres something magical going on. Super good hook for a story.

Also, is it better to play dead mans switch as a mod for hong kong or should I play the original? I got into Dragonfall as a result of this thread, and I also played Hong Kong, so going back to the DMS engine might be a hassle but I'm down if its the superior experience.

I'm sure this very question was answered earlier in the thread, Kanfy? How about an FAQ in the OP?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

cigaw posted:

We are all the Firewing. :tinfoil:

The firewing was actually a secret government bioweapon tested on its own citizens only to be lost in the shuffle when the government collapsed. There are dozens of angry dragons hidden in a bunker ready to torch the whole country and nobody knows.:tinfoil:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Lechtansi posted:

I played DMS in both the original and in Dragonfall DC and it was better in DF. So I’d suggest playing it through DF or HK.

It’s not going to be hugely different but it’s nice to have a few rough edges taken off.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

cigaw posted:

That's neat. Are they immediately identifiable as immortal or do they just figure it out once all their childhood friends die of old age?

Also, as meta-humans go, orcs and trolls age fast, humans are human and elves age slowly. What about dorfs?
No idea, honestly. Most of what I know about this setting comes from a half-remembered read-through of a Shadowrun wiki I did once. Elves have their own (mostly really racist) countries, but that's mostly due to leftover immortal elves having planned for it long in advance. Most other metaraces probably haven't organized to that degree or developed enough of a shared sense of identity yet.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That goblinoid state is arguably the only moral ethnostate as they get awful treatment just about everywhere.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Killmonger, but a troll.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
One of the AGS member states is the Black Forest Troll Kingdom. Its creation was a result of a full-blown ethnic civil war that happened because the southern german states went all the way to creating concentration camps for metas after goblinisation.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Yeah that's the one I was referring to.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

That goblinoid state is arguably the only moral ethnostate as they get awful treatment just about everywhere.

There is also a ghoul state, and ghouls get even worst treatment in that simply being a ghoul is punishable by death.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

True dat, they also accept some magical creatures such as djinn.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I dont know posted:

There is also a ghoul state, and ghouls get even worst treatment in that simply being a ghoul is punishable by death.
In all fairness, they are highly infectious cannibals who often go completely feral as consequence of the change. That African ghoul nation isn't a very nice place to live for anyone, not even the ghouls.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

And yet it is the only place where they don't get killed by virtue of being alive. Ain't life grand?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

I'm sure this very question was answered earlier in the thread, Kanfy? How about an FAQ in the OP?

The game's Before I Play wiki page is probably a more suitable place for stuff like that.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Siegkrow posted:

And yet it is the only place where they don't get killed by virtue of being alive. Ain't life grand?

It's also in the middle of Africa, because of course it is. Asamando is the name.

Wasn't there a thing in the lead up to 5th Ed which stated that the majority of the population there was feral and the "authorities" such as they were under the self styled Ghoul Queen were barely holding it all together?

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 2, 2018

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Cardiovorax posted:

In all fairness, they are highly infectious cannibals who often go completely feral as consequence of the change. That African ghoul nation isn't a very nice place to live for anyone, not even the ghouls.

It's a pretty awful place for non-ghouls, they've definitely hopped on the atrocity train as time went on.

Dwarfs iirc are usually the most integrated metahumans, since we've had people with dwarfism for time immemorial so now we've just got more of em. Though I dunno how that would work in human-supremacist Japan... do they just lump everyone with achondroplasia in with all the metahumans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

GhostStalker posted:

It's also in the middle of Africa, because of course it is. Asmando is the name.

Wasn't there a thing in the lead up to 5th Ed which stated that the majority of the population there was feral and the "authorities" such as they were under the self styled Ghoul Queen were barely holding it all together?

According to the German wiki it definitely seems to be the case, like everything in any world you get the best in life if you aren't poor.