Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

"animated drawings to replace women" is a less antiquated, new backformation that's more on the nose in a sad kind of way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

free doctor derek smart

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Unfree doctor Derek Smart

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

no free him

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Ramadu posted:

free doctor derek smart

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Flared Basic Bitch posted:

And the one with the schoolgirl outfits.
I didn't know Fuzzy Modem was out on parole.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Day D+1, I still feel unease and a void in my life. Free Dr. Smart.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Derek was a good poster with a bad mouth. I wonder where he posts now, if he misses us, and if he loves his new co-posters more...

Free Derek

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
As lowtax gradually regains consciousness in the hospital, the figure of Derek Smart with his arms firmly crossed hoves into view. Next to him are 2 attorneys......

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

EightAce posted:

As lowtax gradually regains consciousness in the hospital, the figure of Derek Smart with his arms firmly crossed hoves into view. Next to him are 2 attorneys......

"Get those dogs out of the clinical area"

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Free Derk Smert

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Zzr posted:

Day D+1, I still feel unease and a void in my life. Free Dr. Smart.

D-Day+1, Operation warlord, the banning of sore rear end man was succesful.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Nyast posted:

Sqrt(-1), because their implementation is imaginary.

:thurman:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

my highschool graduation picture

Did you go to an anime highschool, by any chance?

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

biglads posted:

"Get those dogs out of the clinical area"

:perfect:

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Ramadu posted:

free doctor derek smart*

*with purchase of Line of Defense Tactical Advancement Kit

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
In all seriousness, I really hope Derek is enjoying his time at that farm upstate, where he finally has room to run.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

DU still truckin' along in pre-alpha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnrwZY7B5aQ

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Hey everybody lets laugh at this lovely video game

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Solarin posted:

Hey everybody lets laugh at this lovely video game

I don't think it's fair to mock LoD now that Dr. Smart isn't here to drown us in screenshots.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

EightAce posted:

As lowtax gradually regains consciousness in the hospital, the figure of Derek Smart with his arms firmly crossed hoves into view. Next to him are 2 bears......

:colbert:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Zzr posted:

I don't think it's fair to mock LoD now that Dr. Smart isn't here to drown us in tweets and self-quotes.

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Zzr posted:

I don't think it's fair to mock LoD now that Dr. Smart isn't here to drown us in screenshots.

LoD doesn't need to be mocked here, it does that all on its own.

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED
So a Facebook post showed up in my feed about Julian Gollop (of original XCom) 's new game Phoenix Point pulling in $100k a month of preorders, and this was in the comments:

Someone said further down the chain, as expected, "you can drop 'first' and 'still' from that statement"

dev sass :vince:

E: okay, so "community manager" sass, but if Ben Lesnick can be a 'developer' so can Phoenix Point's CM. :colbert:

Mattjpwns fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Apr 11, 2018

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

D_Smart posted:

Two Weeks.

It's like he never left.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
There's a nonzero chance that anyone who interacts with Derek on Twitter is also actually Derek, ESPECIALLY people who argue and troll him.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Derek Smartizer: We've made the thread topic change since then.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Mattjpwns posted:

So a Facebook post showed up in my feed about Julian Gollop (of original XCom) 's new game Phoenix Point pulling in $100k a month of preorders, and this was in the comments:

Someone said further down the chain, as expected, "you can drop 'first' and 'still' from that statement"

dev sass :vince:

E: okay, so "community manager" sass, but if Ben Lesnick can be a 'developer' so can Phoenix Point's CM. :colbert:

Star Citizen is fast approaching the day where every other game studio is openly dunking on it, which owns because there will very shortly come a day when the evil publishers show up to get their kicks in, and Chris Roberts's circle of shame is complete.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Ya know, jokes aside and Our Lord Derek departed, how did CIG get here?

I was speaking with a colleague and we were discussing the fact that Frontier raised 1.5 million buckeroos, and low and behold they now have 3 IPs all doing very very well. I for one am very excited about the upcoming Jurassic World game.

Meanwhile, CIG have raised upwards of 180 million dollars on one IP, and only have this poo poo heap to show for it. And the fans are happy. The fans are proud of this game and proud of this company and proud of this guy Crobbear at the top.

It absolutely boggles the mind. BOGGLES I tell you.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

IcarusUpHigh posted:

Ya know, jokes aside and Our Lord Derek departed, how did CIG get here?

I was speaking with a colleague and we were discussing the fact that Frontier raised 1.5 million buckeroos, and low and behold they now have 3 IPs all doing very very well. I for one am very excited about the upcoming Jurassic World game.

Meanwhile, CIG have raised upwards of 180 million dollars on one IP, and only have this poo poo heap to show for it. And the fans are happy. The fans are proud of this game and proud of this company and proud of this guy Crobbear at the top.

It absolutely boggles the mind. BOGGLES I tell you.

Star Citizen is good

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Daztek posted:

Star Citizen is good

At least we have the bears.

IcarusUpHigh fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Apr 11, 2018

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED

Beet Wagon posted:

Star Citizen is fast approaching the day where every other game studio is openly dunking on it, which owns because there will very shortly come a day when the evil publishers show up to get their kicks in, and Chris Roberts's circle of shame is complete.

but you see, this is good for Star Citizer because...

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Peter.Quint posted:

Is that it? He pissed people off with his autistic (sorry warlord) rants?

I loved Derek for that.

Even when I joined I had the sense MoMa got that (thanks MoMa for a friendly welcome, and Titanic). TBH he took far more crap than he dealt out, even though he'd call me an idiot for saying so.

Is this place so precious it's going to hide behind "doxxing" because he trod on a few toes?

Remind me why Star Citizen is a joke again.

You're welcome, friend! :)

You may have been crushed into oblivion now, but I thought Derek was good for the thread for the most part too. :)

He's just got that "problem child" syndrome.

:argh: "Don't take the cookies."

:grin: "Ok!" *inches towards the cookies. Inches towards the cookies. Touches a cookie. Looks around.*

:argh: "We said don't take the cookies. You should just not even touch them so you don't take one! Don't do that!"

:grin: "Ok!" *sits there. Sits there. Sits there.*

:grin: *takes a loving cookie suddenly*

:argh: "Why did you do that?! You just didn't have to do that!"

:grin: "What'd I do wrong?!??!"

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Daztek posted:

Star Citizen is good

Virtual Captain posted:

Hey I've been secretly uploading more Star Citizen ARGcast episodes!

[S01E01] Sell me your blood Chris Roberts - 1h26m
YouTube || Anchor

[S01E02] Rofflestomp - 1h8m (Guests: Bootcha, Tippis)
YouTube || Anchor

[S01E03] Mistakes Compounding - 2h45m (Guests: Bootcha, Galarox)
YouTube || 💩Anchor💩

RSS: https://anchor.fm/s/31ef7f0/podcast/rss ( Anchor may append an ad on the end? :hmmyes: Free hosting tho )
Twitch chatroom: https://www.twitch.tv/virtual_captain

:siren: The schedule if you wanna be on the show is Saturday (3:00 EST) and Tuesday (6:30 EST) :siren:
If you can make a better into/outro song, I want it.

I really enjoyed listening to these, VC —I hope you keep them rolling. The weekly SC streamer shows are so frequently a slog due to their heavy reliance on ship jabbering, theorycrafting, futurecasting, and weekly repetition of the same questions (“What is your favorite spaceship in all science fiction...?” / “What Star System do you thibknwill he added next?” / “What planet or moon are you most looking forward to as Stanton gets built out?, blah blah blah....) There are too many subjects off limits and the preference is the imagined future over the known past.

It’s nice to get some hear familiar names touching on untouchable subjects, so with no irony whatsoever I saw “Keep doing what you’re doing!”

G0RF fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Apr 11, 2018

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

AP posted:

Right from the moment you joined the thread I've honestly thought you were just an attention seeking idiot. Fun is mostly over anyway so it doesn't really bother me that your moderation is poo poo too.

drat, some one got butthurt. Did someone's favorite buddy get perma'd?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

hanales posted:

Hi guys. Is star citizen out yet?

Now that Derek is banned and silenced on SA, Star Citizen production has been allowed to kick into full gear without the FUD warlord stopping them from working all day long.

Expect Star Citizen Episode 3.1.3 Solar Plebian Squadron 4.2 to come out in like 14 days now.

The pipelines are on full power!

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Morningwoodpecker posted:

Free Dr Smart.

And his private investigator.

Is his private investigator the same one who was filing Federal charges in court?

Or the institute of higher learning that "awarded" him his PhD? I'm sorry, two PhD's...

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Titanic posted:

Now that Derek is banned and silenced on SA, Star Citizen production has been allowed to kick into full gear without the FUD warlord stopping them from working all day long.

Expect Star Citizen Episode 3.1.3 Solar Plebian Squadron 4.2 to come out in like 14 days now.

The pipelines are on full power!

Can't wait for Star Citizen and SQ42 to be fully released in Q3 2018.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

nah I think Derek has a certain quiet dignity about him and ultimately realizes this is for the best. he probably wishes us well and hopes we all continue to have fun without him

This is exactly it. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006