Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

cheese-cube posted:

Are you posting from MS Word or something? Those angled quotes are messed up.

Also they're called idiots.

That's the first complaint I've had but apparently it's an ios feature (that I just turned off.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

GoldStandardConure posted:

No, that's still virtue signalling, they are just signalling to a different group.

Sounds like the word you're tryin' to puzzle out is "dickhead"

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

The Peccadillo posted:

Sounds like the word you're tryin' to puzzle out is "dickhead"

they are dickheads for sure, but loudly announcing to everyone around you that you definitely don't eat vegetarian meals and only eat manly things like bacon and steak is virtue signalling

how else would everyone around you know how tough and manly and meat eating you were if you didn't constantly let everyone know

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Train to the Node

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

they are dickheads for sure, but loudly announcing to everyone around you that you definitely don't eat vegetarian meals and only eat manly things like bacon and steak is virtue signalling

how else would everyone around you know how tough and manly and meat eating you were if you didn't constantly let everyone know

Fine, "vice signalling", or whatever, but you're just overcomplicating the term "dickhead"

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I thought vice signalling was when you smoke, drink or do drugs to excess and revel in it, and try to get other people into it

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

The code for that is "Jenkem"

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Remember when teens were all addicted to a super kind of heroin called "cheese"?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

The Peccadillo posted:

You suck so much poo poo at posting I can't tell whether you want to correct or kill the poor

Aww I'm sorry if the big words are hard.

edit: welp looks like someone wants an election now

https://twitter.com/billshortenmp/status/983496569453404161

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 11, 2018

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

A bit late but: what’s the term for reverse virtue signaling? Like when someone mentions they’re a vegetarian and some rear end in a top hat says they’ll eat twice as many burgers to make up for it.

australian

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

No, that's still virtue signalling, they are just signalling to a different group.

The phrase is simple ad hominem for dumb idiot arseholes and shouldn't be used unironically under any circumstances

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

ewe2 posted:

I am completely convinced that this is exactly what that man believes.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
You gotta admit he has come a long way since the note checking era.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

ewe2 posted:

tbh that's a pretty good list

we'll have to see how far it goes, though. if the Labs get in someone should follow him around with that on a big checklist

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

If Shorten puts his money where his mouth is, based on that video, I will vote Labor over Greens for the :siren: first time :siren:

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
can someone summarise for those of us with crappy work computers with no headphones

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
It has subtitles

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
"My metric for being PM is education funding, hospital waiting lists, aged care waiting lists, wage growth, Malc mate stop being such a soft soy boy sookin about polls the metrics are the people" okay the last part isn't anything like what he said but it's close enough.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

drunkill posted:

It has subtitles

...good point.

G-Spot Run posted:

"My metric for being PM is education funding, hospital waiting lists, aged care waiting lists, wage growth, Malc mate stop being such a soft soy boy sookin about polls the metrics are the people" okay the last part isn't anything like what he said but it's close enough.

I could get behind some of that

I'll still never put Labor ahead of Greens until they dismantle the concentration camps and stop torturing refugees

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

ewe2 posted:

Just had a flashback to when ELECTION NOW was a meme here... was that 8 years ago?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Defections incoming

The African nation of Cameroon has lost one-third of its Commonwealth Games team while competing on the Gold Coast.

Earlier, it was revealed five athletes from the African nation had gone missing from the athletes village.

By Wednesday afternoon, Cameroon officials revealed eight out of the 24 athletes on their team had gone missing from their rooms in the games village.

Team Cameroon chef de mission Victor Agbor Nso said he was "sad to announce" the team members had gone missing, and confirmed the athletes - six men and two women - left in three waves.

The first three athletes "left in the night" of April 8, with two declared missing on April 9 and another three leaving their rooms on Tuesday night.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

G-Spot Run posted:

Good. Good but how? Good but how? Good but how?

Empty as gently caress

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Something about people quoting me makes me feel attacked so I'll just clarify I'm not surmising just summarising.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

G-Spot Run posted:

Something about people quoting me makes me feel attacked.
*hugs*

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

starkebn posted:

Good. Good but how? Good but how? Good but how?

Empty as gently caress

starkebn
May 18, 2004

G-Spot Run posted:

Something about people quoting me makes me feel attacked so I'll just clarify I'm not surmising just summarising.

I was quoting Bill basically. It sounds not too different to Tony Abbott's famous pre election list.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

i too want fully fleshed out policy ideas from a soundbite clip

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Nice virtue signalling from Shill Billary

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Billary Shillton

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

hmm nice goals shorten but is it costed??? bill why are you on the phone to your catering company

starkebn
May 18, 2004

I'm the unreasonable one for wanting to know more?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Australia can't afford the Bill we're going to get if they elect Labor :smuggo:

starkebn posted:

Dude, none of the major parties are going to give you any details, especially the ones in opposition, as this gives the government and media means of attacking them.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

You Am I posted:

Australia can't afford the Bill we're going to get if they elect Labor :smuggo:

Dude, none of the major parties are going to give you any details, especially the ones in opposition, as this gives the government and media means of attacking them.

That's why it sounds so hollow. Every opposition party in forever has promised the same list of poo poo. Even the party in power says the exact same list before an election.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Parties tend to put up fleshed out policies on their websites but honestly no one reads that poo poo.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Of course.

Malcolm sent the airport rail funding letter to Dan Andrews at a quarter past midnight this morning (basically saying find 5 billion quickly or you won't get this train line) hours after it had gone up on the herald sun.

https://twitter.com/rwillingham/status/984189913795936256?s=19

The fed government also spent $50m to do a study... which had the same results and same 4 route options as a study done by vicgov only a few years ago

https://twitter.com/UrbanMelbourne/status/984066846063083520?s=19

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

starkebn posted:

That's why it sounds so hollow. Every opposition party in forever has promised the same list of poo poo. Even the party in power says the exact same list before an election.

stop the boats

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Labor's unrealistic pie-in-the-sky fairy tales will never happen and will saddle the nation with a debt and deficit disaster. Only the pragmatic and sensible Greens will make these things come true by making deals with the LNP to implement watered down versions

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

starkebn posted:

in this specific context, yes

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Aesculus posted:

Labor's unrealistic pie-in-the-sky fairy tales will never happen and will saddle the nation with a debt and deficit disaster. Only the pragmatic and sensible Greens will make these things come true by making deals with the LNP to implement watered down versions

Not giving $65 billion to the top end of town = saddling the nation with debt.

Trickle down economics works!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Looks I just don't think you appreciate what Superior Economic Management looks like.

• Locked thread