Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

trucutru posted:

I just hold a bullet with my bare hands and hit the primer with a hanzo steel ice pick

Dammit brain, stop doing this to me!

What was that movie? I remember a scene with kids playing around durin the blitz, where they fastened a cartridge in a vise and threatened another kid by putting him in front of the contraption by doing just that (well… with a regular hammer, but still).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

trucutru posted:

I just hold a bullet with my bare hands and hit the primer with a hanzo steel ice pick

I'll just get shot, suck up the bullets from my lungs, and shoot them out of my mouth.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dusty Lens posted:

A little too soon to be pitching a submarine survival horror game imo

:ohdear: the gaming community demands it!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Dusty Lens posted:

A little too soon to be pitching a submarine survival horror game imo

That already exists, it's called Barotrauma.

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Wow. Finally caught up. Can’t believe the waalord doxxed himself to oblivion and beyond, only to be replaced by the second person to ever go on my ignore list.

BTW: whatever happened to FailureToPerform, or whatever his name was. He around anymore?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Combat Theory posted:

i never had a diesel either but to be honest with the massive price drop in Euro4 Diesels i might consider one

:ohdear:

e: forget about my stance about diesel: I'm selling this fine euro 4 bmw x3 diesel from my father who just happened to buy an electric car because someone put him into one a year ago and he couldn't wait to drive one on a daily basis :smuggo:

tuo fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 11, 2018

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Welp, bored now.

Maybe this place will be a little less 'peaks and valleys' without the occasional derek slap fights with someone over the stupid.

In crowdfunding news. Those guys over at OATS studios, who've been doing some amazing poo poo with the Unreal engine in making movies, are now opening up their studio to crowdfunding.

They want people to pay to get the movies made, with no merchandising poo poo, then once released, used the money from people paying to see it, to make more movies.

Not real sure how I feel about this one. I love Blomkamp's works, but gently caress crowdfunding.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

CrazyLoon posted:

That already exists, it's called Barotrauma.

http://undertowgames.com/barotrauma/
"The game is heavily inspired by Space Station 13"

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beet Wagon posted:

https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/984106448220237825

Joke's on you, stupid goonie. I didn't delete my own tweets, I just got shadowbanned! Ha!

https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/984144371305123841

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Posted in the greatest sagas of SA thread

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

One of the mods of the forum posted about getting a $550+ refund from the game (he did not clarify whether or not this was a full refund) and also brewed and mailed a six-pack of craft beer to Chris Roberts to thank him for making the game, before his heel turn.

They’re all basically the game’s angry ex-boyfriends.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This image makes me keel over from laughter:

od Bles Crash Riblets.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Can I get a Crobbear minion sixer to balance my Derek probations?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Beet, I'm really not sure why you talk to that guy. He's really, really dumb.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Beet Wagon posted:

Everybody seriously needs to relax about this. In retrospect I probably shouldn’t have played into the “last time I got probated Derek came back, you know what you have to do joke” but for real, some people here miss Derek and some people are glad he’s gone. Some people probably feel a mix of the two. Having a big dumb slapfight about it is pointless.

And here I thought big dumb slapfights was the main point of this thread

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
I'm listening to the first ARG cast and I just wanted to thank Beet again. You and pgbaz have suffered through SC for the sins of goonkind and I salute you o9

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Krycek posted:

I felt grief when I saw the heavy hand of moderation coming for my big dumb slapfights.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'm a lover, not a fighter.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Drunk Theory posted:

Beet, I'm really not sure why you talk to that guy. He's really, really dumb.

Community outreach?

Krycek posted:

Yeah okay that's a fair point lol. People just get insanely mad about the good doctor and it seems like kind of a waste of energy now.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Beet Wagon posted:

Community outreach?

You are a more patient man than I then. It must be because you have a cool dog.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Don't touch the poop.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Tippis posted:

Dammit brain, stop doing this to me!

What was that movie? I remember a scene with kids playing around durin the blitz, where they fastened a cartridge in a vise and threatened another kid by putting him in front of the contraption by doing just that (well… with a regular hammer, but still).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qVvpKkYchw

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/rd6RzlA.gifv

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Yes! :woop:

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Beet Wagon posted:

Everybody seriously needs to relax about this. In retrospect I probably shouldn’t have played into the “last time I got probated Derek came back, you know what you have to do joke” but for real, some people here miss Derek and some people are glad he’s gone. Some people probably feel a mix of the two. Having a big dumb slapfight about it is pointless.

Yeah? Well why don't you just probate me for it then?

(with a Crobear if possible...)

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Hobold posted:

Welp, bored now.

Maybe this place will be a little less 'peaks and valleys' without the occasional derek slap fights with someone over the stupid.

In crowdfunding news. Those guys over at OATS studios, who've been doing some amazing poo poo with the Unreal engine in making movies, are now opening up their studio to crowdfunding.

They want people to pay to get the movies made, with no merchandising poo poo, then once released, used the money from people paying to see it, to make more movies.

Not real sure how I feel about this one. I love Blomkamp's works, but gently caress crowdfunding.

Yeah I've been watching these as they drop them.

Some drat good stuff.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

trucutru posted:

How soft are you?

I wear the ammo belt around my waist and when I choose to murder something, I just push it down abit then smash the bullets with my amazing penis.

You could say, I cock the hammer :smuggo:

Also the ammo is Tomahawk nuclear cruise missiles.

Then it's me couching on the counter tops with all the ladies lineing up to 'clean my gun'

Toblakai
Jul 11, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This image makes me keel over from laughter:

od Bles Crash Riblets.

I saw the post that got Derek banned after it was edited and there is this link, which presumably showed the linkedin page of a redditor, but now leads to this image. At first I got confused and I thought that Derek got permabanned for posting the minion crobearts.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Lladre posted:

Don't touch the poop.

dont touch the fishy. but it so hard when it sits there like that!

Edit:
Enjoying the podcasts VC and guests.
Still love the avatar benefactor!

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Shooting too much corrosive is not a good idea, the cleaning time it takes to disassemble that MG-34 is pretty long, and I'd rather have ammo I can reload. Like, you gotta think about the booster cup, the action, all the misc grooves, the entire bolt assembly, not just the barrel.

I shoot Russian ammo man, I know it's not the best idea in non-Russian guns, but the Windex suggestion actually does help. That said, disassembling German overengineering would be a pain in the rear end compared to a Hex M91/30 or WASR-10.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

I always feel like I'd enjoy playing a submarine game but all the "good" ones out there are way too involved in "measuring the argon levels" type poo poo for my tastes

Sounds like you've played Codename ICEMAN (if you haven't, never play it.)

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE
can i get a crobear to keep the woof thing company?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

It's kind of hard to make a good game on the basis of moving around while being entirely blind until you decide to try and look around and then instantly die.

You could save a lot of money by just walking around your living room at 3am knowing that your cat is somewhere out there and if you step on its tail it's going to claw the poo poo out of you.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
You guys been busy?

Sectopod
Aug 24, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You guys been busy?

wtf happened to your av?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

And that ship was the Millennium Falcon, and Han Solo is big and strong and is my friend.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sectopod posted:

wtf happened to your av?

Apparently someone in the 40K thread has a particularly specific set of issues with what I have said.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Apparently someone in the 40K thread has a particularly specific set of issues with what I have said.

Thats a community of people that is almost as easy at shitizens to rile up at times.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Nebiros posted:

I shoot Russian ammo man, I know it's not the best idea in non-Russian guns, but the Windex suggestion actually does help. That said, disassembling German overengineering would be a pain in the rear end compared to a Hex M91/30 or WASR-10.

Yugo =! Russian

But seriously, I had the booster cup fuze together once tha ks to corrosive ammo, i want to avoid a repeat :P

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

lol that AV kinda owns TBH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Sorry I cant read binary