Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I’m not sure what frame should I get after Volt and Nezha.

I usually try to fill holes in my roster so that I will have something built for every mission type and different sortie conditions. Valkyr is great for survival, Mirage for exterminate, Ivara for spy, etc.

Echophonic posted:

I added Rush to my Mesa and I don't think I can go back on her. I use her a lot on the Plains and it makes the whole experience significantly more tolerable.

Yeah, I have a hard time not using any +sprint speed mods on any frame that doesn't have about 1.3 or 1.4 speed inherently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

turn off the TV posted:

Yeah, I have a hard time not using any +sprint speed mods on any frame that doesn't have about 1.3 or 1.4 speed inherently.

The only frame I don't use rush on is Nekros P because tanky despoil build is so slot hungry, and I mainly use him on maps where going fast isn't super helpful (mob d, defense, survival)

Everyone else gotta go fast

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Does sprint speed affect your bullet jump speed or something?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Why are there so many decent options :qq: going to read wiki for a while now, thanks y'all!

the secret of warframe is that there's not really any actually 'worthless' frames and for the most part they all have something worth playing with, and you might be surprised which ones you find fun once you actually get a chance to play with them

minor exceptions to this might be limbo and wukong, the former due to it being way too annoying and fiddly for little benefit for most people, and the latter because it's pretty mediocre other than being unkillable as long as you have enough energy

neither are useless, though

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Grinding to unlock Ivara is making me question my sanity. On the plus side, I'm getting pretty good at doing spy rooms really fast.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Being good at spy missions is a good skill to have.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Helter Skelter posted:

Being good at spy missions is a good skill to have.

I think it's fun to try and do them in really not sneaky frames, am I nuts or is there anyone else out there?

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Yeah, leveling Loki and Loki P were such slogs for me too. I just could not wait till they dinged 30 and I never had to touch them again. Limbo, Nyx, and Banshee were almost as bad but Loki was the worst.

I had a lot of fun leveling Loki P, but I’m easily entertained. I spent most of that time invisible, wrecking things with my riven’d Cassowar.

e: if survivability is an issue, I always felt tanky enough with Quick Thinking and Flow slotted

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Why are there so many decent options :qq: going to read wiki for a while now, thanks y'all!

Atlas is a fun tanky-ish warframe that requires active work from you to stay tanky (you have to petrify enemies then punch them to heal/gain extra armor). His punch ability scales off you melee weapon too, so it's always very strong. Not mindless like rhino, he's very fun.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
I've started playing ninja space robots and have almost unlocked mercury. this game is crazy.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bug Squash posted:

Oh snap buddy, I just hit Uranus and collected my first Hek. All I've got is and unleveled Point Blank but even still enemies are just flying away.

FWIW this is what I'm rolling with (I'm sure it's possible to make this much better at the very least by forma-ing to fill other two slots with something). Goons showered me in all unranked mods I wanted (except for chilly reload, whichever kind goon was my benefactor did have just one of that), and I pumped my credits endo into them. Result, as of Neptune, still insta-kills 99% of enemies, I just occasionally need to walk a bit closer or aim into weak spot on those Grineer poison goo guys and such. Random trash enemies die like one-two rooms away somewhere in the hallway in droves after briefly spamming fire.

It's stupidly powerful and fun gun once you throw enough mods at it so the reload is slightly faster than babushka's first encounter with a Kalashnikov rifle, in my opinion.

Having a justice helps too. :v:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Mimesweeper posted:

I think it's fun to try and do them in really not sneaky frames, am I nuts or is there anyone else out there?
I tend to default to Ivara for sorties, but for general starchart stuff? Yeah whatever I'm sure I can sneak this mummy with a flamethrower past some trip wires.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

"You're nearing the console, trigger the alarms now and they will start destroying the data."

Mag raised her Prisma Grakata close to her face. Ssshhh she gestured, pressing a finger where her mouth would be. The Prisma Grakata did not understand this gesture. Even if it could, it would not obey. Having done her due diligence, Mag entered the vault.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I should get my hands on a grakata or kohm riven so I can live the dream of "almost enough dakka" by pairing it with their twin pistol counterparts that are already rivened up. It's a shame kohm rivens are meta hot and mega expensive. The riven market on PS4 is real fuckin weird at times, sometimes people will glom onto a weirdly specific gun. Right now it's buzzlok, sold two of my three yesterday within an hour of each other. Holding on to the third for a bit in case I'm missing something by continuously dismissing that garbage gimmick gun.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Having gone full :spergin: last night and built all three Zaw polearm grips, I can confirm all 3 give you Naramon polarity. So I don't know what the hell I was going on about thinking there was a Zenurik one.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I think the Buzlok riven thing is because people are going to be using it against Lephantis 2: Electric Boogaloo. They tag the weak spot and then just ZF-1 away at it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Helter Skelter posted:

I tend to default to Ivara for sorties, but for general starchart stuff? Yeah whatever I'm sure I can sneak this mummy with a flamethrower past some trip wires.

Every time they put out a new Spy Vault design I feel compelled to run it first with Rhino or Atlas.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Raptor1033 posted:

I should get my hands on a grakata or kohm riven so I can live the dream of "almost enough dakka" by pairing it with their twin pistol counterparts that are already rivened up. It's a shame kohm rivens are meta hot and mega expensive. The riven market on PS4 is real fuckin weird at times, sometimes people will glom onto a weirdly specific gun. Right now it's buzzlok, sold two of my three yesterday within an hour of each other. Holding on to the third for a bit in case I'm missing something by continuously dismissing that garbage gimmick gun.

Confirm grakata dakka. When the event started and I found out about the damage cap I put all the fire rate mods on my prisma grakata I could. It turns out it wasn't great for mini-leph since spring loaded chamber requires you to aim for the fire rate bonus and when you get a grakata to ~80 rof I can't keep it pointed at lephantis while aiming. Sure is fun to empty the clip faster than you can reload it though. It would be a hoot with fissure corruption though.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I randomly went looking at my Warframe screenshots:

Those were the good old days.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

:siren::greatgift::siren:

I managed to get an extra set of Frost Prime BPs and I'm feeling generous. If you didn't get Frost Prime when it was unvaulted, quote this post and reply with your in-game name. I'll raffle the set off in a few hours.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

super sweet best pal posted:

I managed to get an extra set of Frost Prime BPs and I'm feeling generous. If you didn't get Frost Prime when it was unvaulted, quote this post and reply with your in-game name. I'll raffle the set off in a few hours.

bromvo, although if you plan to give out the right away then feel free to skip over me, I'll be sleeping anyways.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010

IGN: emptyhorizon

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Neat!

IGN: weedGOKU666

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

I did not get Frosty Pete.
IGN brainflakes

SomeKindofVerb
Jan 12, 2010

Well, I definitely wouldn't win if I didn't get a ticket...

IGN: Mr.Metagame

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I've been thinking about plague star team comps. I've done several runs with both pubs and goons and if your goal is reliable 13-14 minute clear times, here's the squad which I think gives you the best chance. It's obviously very flexible (lots of things are viable, this isn't "hard content") but this keeps things consistent and quick better than anything else I've found.

a healer: Trinity, Oberon - so you don't die due to bullshit. Oberon's 2 is also crowd control which can be helpful. This speeds everything up due to never dying.
crowd control: by which I mean Nova, ideally a slowva at about ~130 str (60% slow) ... there's nothing like a nova priming an entire field of enemies who all explode at once. This speeds up the "kill enemies" phases between hemocytes immensely.
hemocyte control: Rhino or Harrow or anything which can freeze the hemocyte in a vulnerable state. This speeds up the hemocyte kill phases by making them reliable fast kills.
drone mover: a loki to speed up the drone via switch teleport, optional if you can figure out how to get the drone through nova wormholes (I sure can't) but this speeds up any long drone runs considerably.

you can of course do many other things like titania, skip the hemocyte control or drone mover role entirely, whatever your group decides ... but this was reliably getting us close to 13 minute runs and it was smooth and efficient. Of the four, I'd say nova and a healer are essential and the other two are your preference, but I very much liked having all 4, I can't ever pub plague star again. :v:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Holy poo poo there is a lot of new stuff.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

PS4 or PC?

Sadboys2004 is this is PS4

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Assuming it's on PC:

Kalanco

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm gonna go ahead and give Mesa's Waltz a thumbs-up after a quick Akkad run. Seems fun, even if I did have to cash in a bit of damage via losing Intensify.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Psion posted:

I've been thinking about plague star team comps. I've done several runs with both pubs and goons and if your goal is reliable 13-14 minute clear times, here's the squad which I think gives you the best chance. It's obviously very flexible (lots of things are viable, this isn't "hard content") but this keeps things consistent and quick better than anything else I've found.

a healer: Trinity, Oberon - so you don't die due to bullshit. Oberon's 2 is also crowd control which can be helpful. This speeds everything up due to never dying.
crowd control: by which I mean Nova, ideally a slowva at about ~130 str (60% slow) ... there's nothing like a nova priming an entire field of enemies who all explode at once. This speeds up the "kill enemies" phases between hemocytes immensely.
hemocyte control: Rhino or Harrow or anything which can freeze the hemocyte in a vulnerable state. This speeds up the hemocyte kill phases by making them reliable fast kills.
drone mover: a loki to speed up the drone via switch teleport, optional if you can figure out how to get the drone through nova wormholes (I sure can't) but this speeds up any long drone runs considerably.

you can of course do many other things like titania, skip the hemocyte control or drone mover role entirely, whatever your group decides ... but this was reliably getting us close to 13 minute runs and it was smooth and efficient. Of the four, I'd say nova and a healer are essential and the other two are your preference, but I very much liked having all 4, I can't ever pub plague star again. :v:

At the risk of sounding like Tallgeese, Corproj on everyone.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yooooooooo

quote:

NEW WARFRAME AUGMENTS! (max rank values)

Nezha - Blazing Chakram Augment: Reaping Chakram
The Chakram flies through enemies. Each enemy hit increases it’s damage and healing by 2x.
*Available as an offering from Steel Meridian and Cephalon Suda Syndicates

Ivara - Artemis Bow Augment: Concentrated Arrow
Fires a single arrow that, on headshots, has +50% critical chance and explodes in a 7 meter radius. Removes punch through.
*Available as an offering from Cephalon Suda and The Perrin Sequence Syndicates

Equinox - Mend & Maim Augment: Energy Transfer
100% of charge is conserved when switching between forms.
*Available as an offering from Arbiters of Hexis and New Loka Syndicates

Mesa - Peacemaker Augment: Mesa’s Waltz
Mesa can move at 50% speed while using Peacemaker.
*This is a reworked existing Conclave Augment that applies to both Conclave and PvE
*Equippable in the Exilus Slot
*Available as an offering from Steel Meridian, Red Veil, and Teshin (Conclave) Syndicates

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Right, PC, forgot to mention that.

Psion posted:

Oberon's 2 is also crowd control which can be helpful. This speeds everything up due to never dying.

And it gets rid of debuffs and adds extra effects to his other skills.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also as an addendum, nezha's 2 now has more use

Increased Nezha’s Blazing Chakram base Damage to 250.

Ability Strength Mods now affect both Health restore and Damage (previously was just Health).

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

Mesa - Peacemaker Augment: Mesa’s Waltz 
Mesa can move at 50% speed while using Peacemaker.  
*Equippable in the Exilus Slot 

Whaaaaat I might actually use this now

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

nerdz posted:

One question I have about the warframes: Were they created to be an Ember/Excalibur/Nova model with their powers from the get go or they were just generic frame bodies that were shaped and adjusted by their combat experience and preferences over time. I kinda feel like it's the latter, given their backstories.

I mean, on defense missions you protect a rather generic warframe.

I feel like they kind of did something clever where each Warframe was designed to be a cool archetype in universe for the exact same reason that they were designed to be a cool archetype in game. Because you have to have kids/players project themselves into them and feel badass for everything to function. An operator dreaming in his or her pod can assume the role of a space frost wizard or whatever because it's kind of a broad character.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Whaaaaat I might actually use this now

Well, buh-buy Rush, I guess.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Hnngh frost is the best and his primed version looks cool af (heh pun) my in game name is Spuddreaper

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

double posted

Bob NewSCART fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Apr 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.

nerdz posted:

Atlas is a fun tanky-ish warframe that requires active work from you to stay tanky (you have to petrify enemies then punch them to heal/gain extra armor). His punch ability scales off you melee weapon too, so it's always very strong. Not mindless like rhino, he's very fun.

Atlas can use Path of Statues augment to leave a trail of petrifying rocks as you dash between enemies, and like Rhino (and Excalibur as long as you target something) you are completely invulnerable while dashing about to give em the ol Iron Mike special.