Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
million dollar mack
Aug 20, 2006
Larson ain't getting this cow.

FizFashizzle posted:

Can we not make jokes anymore on somethingawful?

You can, for the low low price of :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

FizFashizzle posted:

Can we not make jokes anymore on somethingawful?

7 bans in your history my dude, hopefully the next one is a perma.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That was a tasteless joke. The more I read the worse it gets.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Prester Jane posted:

7 bans in your history and my dude, hopefully the next one is a Pperma.

Permas don't really work like that.

FizFashizzle posted:

It's... something?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

FizFashizzle posted:

Well, if you do get banned, at least you'll know that the rereg fix Lowtax's broken body :)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Office Pig posted:

It's... something?

I knew the general story, didn't realize the extent it went and how it shouldn't be joked about.

apologies to all.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

At least you got the "tasteless" part right, now let's do some work on that whole "joke" thing.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Groovelord Neato posted:

russian meddling only "worked" because of right wing media. we mostly did it to ourselves.

Yeah because certainly no leftists have been referencing RT and poo poo for years.

No poo poo they played on partisanship, that's how Russia does this.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
That the Greitens situation started because the victim's exhusband recorded a conversation between the two of them without her knowledge and released it over her objections is still immensely gross to me. I know that once it became public she cooperated and supported publication of the report, but still don't know how to square the vileness of this chain of events with the fact that Greitens would still hold interpersonal and political power over others were it not for her ex's actions.

kidkissinger posted:

Tensions have between the US and Russia have been rising for quite a while. It's disturbing to see liberals calling for Trump to enforce sanctions which will cause a lot of misery in Russia while not undermining Putin's power in any way.

I get that there's the immediate visceral reaction to sanctions thanks to ghouls like Albright ("Worth It"), but it's worth noting these are markedly different in nature, target, effect, and in scope than the ones leveled against, say, Cuba or Iraq.

Also love the framing that tensions rose naturally, or egged on by liberals, as opposed to as a thoroughly predictable result of Crimea, NotPetya, election fuckery and a series of other actions.

As to the earlier question - a more likely and desirable outcome than war is a thorough examination of and report on electoral mischief techniques, giving a roadmap to other nations for how to harden their elections against bad foreign governments (including, say, Mossad as well as the US and other five eyes intelligence agencies).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jaxyon posted:

Yeah because certainly no leftists have been referencing RT and poo poo for years.

No poo poo they played on partisanship, that's how Russia does this.

you don't get it. the right wing primed americans to fall for this poo poo. i'm not talking just 2016.

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret
Hope that Greitens guy gets very impeached and/or arrested for sexual assault. Either order would be fine.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Groovelord Neato posted:

you don't get it. the right wing primed americans to fall for this poo poo. i'm not talking just 2016.

Propaganda isn't new my friend. People are always primed for it. Hence that it isn't at the feet of the right wing, but everyone. Russia just saw a ripe opportunity for division and discord, and that's on us for allowing it to happen. We can still do our best to enumerate what they did and how they did it, but falling for it is our shame to bear.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

This tweet always makes me so happy

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Hey Amerigoons your president is an Orange Kim Jong Un with his rockets for Russia.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Gridlocked posted:

Hey Amerigoons your president is an Orange Kim Jong Un with his rockets for Russia.

Really? I hadn't noticed. Thanks for the tip.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/lindsaywise/status/984197508212682756

(Kansas City Star reporter)

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Pretty much this. The right wing and it’s propaganda wing saw a hostile foreign nation spreading misinformation and like true patriots, as they often claim they are, said “Let us help!” and assisted in undermining our nation because they saw the possibility of money and power

It’s surprisingly hard to find random conservative twitter accounts that don’t seem like bots. There’s a few high profile turds that are probably actual Americans, but the overwhelming majority of CHUDs commenting on political news are obvious bot accounts. They all have a few thousand followers and retweet the same small group of screeching morons.

Like these assholes:

https://twitter.com/newsjunkie107/status/984170977553723392?s=21

https://twitter.com/richardfreeusa/status/984156842900238342?s=21

They say nothing clever, funny, or even informative and there are swaths of these Trump “supporters” that I have a hard time believing are real people and not paid trolls.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Gridlocked posted:

Is this because I ate avocado toast?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gridlocked posted:

He's more like an orange Jefferson Davis

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
On tonight's episode of

Trump Thread: SVU
:froggonk:

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

there's nothing 'little' about our rocket man

well except maybe his hands

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Guilotine for Greiten

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Abusing a veterans charity and sexually assaulting and abusing women and he still thinks he'll be able to serve his term? The fuckin balls on this shitlord

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Paracaidas posted:

That the Greitens situation started because the victim's exhusband recorded a conversation between the two of them without her knowledge and released it over her objections is still immensely gross to me. I know that once it became public she cooperated and supported publication of the report, but still don't know how to square the vileness of this chain of events with the fact that Greitens would still hold interpersonal and political power over others were it not for her ex's actions.

Yeah, her ex in the story is really gross, too - her slept with five women while they were separated and basically says "this is your fault for wanting the separation" rather than something where he's responsible for who he sleeps with. He also would go with her to the gym, but not exercise, just make sure that nobody was checking her out. Scumbag.

I feel really bad for her all around

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Spaced God posted:

Abusing a veterans charity and sexually assaulting and abusing women and he still thinks he'll be able to serve his term? The fuckin balls on this shitlord

loving around with charities and assaulting women apparently doesn't affect the loving President, why should it suddenly affect him?

I suppose that's his logic, and it's hard to see where it's entirely wrong.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Gridlocked posted:

:tif:Sorry, I'm currently locked in communion with my bible.:tif:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/harveymalk/status/981022672892043264

:wtc:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Hm, yes, I'm starting to see why Breitbart ditched him.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Gridlocked posted:

that's not fair. kim jong un is a rational actor.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Speaking of rape, heres the latest example of a fraternity being garbage!

Blackface Leads to Fraternity Suspension at Cal Poly

quote:

The Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity at California Polytechnic State University was suspended by its national organization after pictures surfaced showing students dressed as gang members, including one in blackface, during the college’s multicultural celebration weekend

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Spaced God posted:

If he wasn't a rich politically connected white dude he'd already be in jail, but he's gonna be Governor for a while and get house arrest at the most after the trial.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Okay, I keep seeing this and I have to ask: is there some specific reason that everyone refers to hardcore Trump supporters as "chuds"?

It's a great word and it definitely feels appropriate, but I can never tell if it actually has any real origin or if everyone just kind of settled on it.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That should would never fly at REAL Cal Poly, in Pomona.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

cult classic 80s horror film

quote:

The plot concerns a New York City police officer and a homeless shelter manager who join forces to investigate a series of disappearances, and discover the missing are taken by humanoid monsters that live below the city. C.H.U.D. is an acronym for "Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C.H.U.D.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Okay, I keep seeing this and I have to ask: is there some specific reason that everyone refers to hardcore Trump supporters as "chuds"?

It's a great word and it definitely feels appropriate, but I can never tell if it actually has any real origin or if everyone just kind of settled on it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/C.H.U.D.

Educate yaself

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087015/

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It comes from a shortened form for fans of the band Chumbawumba and also they misspell it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

was a lefty twitter thing - likely popularized by chapo.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s amazing they somehow made a clone of distilled frat bro 90’s movie stereotypes and filled an entire house with them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/984201990875090945

• Locked thread