Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I remember that urban myth about the woman who will only do anal with her husband if the Armstrongs' little boy Neil is standing on the moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Platystemon posted:

We all know what Michael Collins was up to while Neil and Buzz were hopping around on the Lunar surface.

The MSJ posted:

I remember that urban myth about the woman who will only do anal with her husband if the Armstrongs' little boy Neil is standing on the moon.

Godspeed, Mr. Gorsky. :patriot:

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Does he have one of those pens with his DNA in the ink to verify it was his signature?

Platystemon posted:

We all know what Michael Collins was up to while Neil and Buzz were hopping around on the Lunar surface.
The morbid truth is that he spent a lot of the time studying to make sure he could fly the capsule back alone if Neil and Buzz didn't make it back.

GWBBQ has a new favorite as of 05:44 on Apr 9, 2018

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

GWBBQ posted:

The morbid truth is that he spent a lot of the time studying to make sure he could fly the capsule back alone if Neil and Buzz didn't make it back.

He should be in the Guinness World Records for having been the loneliest man in the universe for a few hours.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/religious-leader-called-penis-baba-12336654

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I'm going to need hard evidence before I believe that one.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Marcade posted:

I'm going to need hard evidence before I believe that one.

What about soft evidence?

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

If it's soft after that much attention, he needs to see a doctor.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A new kind of ransomware forces you to play PUBG to unlock your files. They don't ask for money at all, just that you play PUBG for one hour.

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 02:52 on Apr 11, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/12/obese-century-old-crocodile-died-from-overeating-after-worshippers-threw-it-chickens-and-goats-5060753/

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

That's like the maximum range of a crocodile's recorded lifespan but considering the other thing you posted I'm assuming you're picking up Say Nothing's "post news that is only funny if it's true, which it isn't" slack since he was probed for being a weirdo

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

size of this lad; asbolute unit

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

That's like the maximum range of a crocodile's recorded lifespan but considering the other thing you posted I'm assuming you're picking up Say Nothing's "post news that is only funny if it's true, which it isn't" slack since he was probed for being a weirdo

The Metro isn’t exactly excellent journalism, but it’s a genuine newspaper. Any mistakes they make are from incompetence, not malice.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Former DILF posted:

size of this lad; asbolute unit

this is one of this things that always makes me snort when I read it

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
I made sure to google the first one, "obese crocodile" is a surprisingly specific headline, it's real. The other one is just plain ridiculous.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Russian hospital tries to give woman saline, accidentally embalms her.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The article is a bit sensationalist
Here's Snopes:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/russian-woman-embalmed-alive-formalin-drip/ posted:

Fedyaeva’s death remains under investigation, but initial reports indicated that a nurse mistakenly used formalin instead of saline to wash a surgical site. The patient was eventually transported to Moscow in efforts to reverse the damage, but she died a few days later. It appears that reports about inadvertent substitution of formalin for saline was correct, but the rest of the tragic medical mishap was misrepresented in many news accounts.

E: at first I was wondering what is embalming fluid doing in a hospital but Wikipedia assures me that formaldehyde has some medical uses.

By popular demand has a new favorite as of 19:57 on Apr 11, 2018

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

The article is a bit sensationalist
Here's Snopes:

E: at first I was wondering what is embalming fluid doing in a hospital but Wikipedia assures me that formaldehyde has some medical uses.

Sure, but they were using it to get high, hence the confusion

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Every single hospital on the face of the planet has gallons of formalin on hand.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Every single hospital on the face of the planet has gallons of formalin on hand.

Wicky sticks ain't gonna make themselves.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

quote:

While visitors to the Hazrat Khan Jahan Ali Shrine in south-western Bangladesh believed feeding the crocodile would bring them good fortune, it brought the crocodile bad fortune, because it died from an obesity-related condition.
Excellent writing.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

From a Pakistani newspaper on December 17th 1971, the war had ended the previous day

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I want a sprats posse now.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
'Punk' turtle that breathes through its genitals is under threat

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Who's that pokemon?!

edit:
IT'S PIKACHU!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

The MSJ posted:

Who's that pokemon?!

edit:
IT'S PIKACHU!

More like sex-atchoo.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

The MSJ posted:

Who's that pokemon?!

edit:
IT'S PIKACHU!

gently caress!!!

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

same

billiards 4 lyfe

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Right here in River City?????

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/25/missing-tallulah-tortoise-found-six-months-later-just-322-metres/

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Pro click for those of you who enjoy cringe inducing newspaper writing.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

I want to go out like this guy: Fat, impossibly old, and surrounded by worshippers demanding I accept their offerings of Things I Actually Love To Receive.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Choco1980 posted:

I want to go out like this guy: Fat, impossibly old, and surrounded by worshippers demanding I accept their offerings of Things I Actually Love To Receive.

Being 100 wouldn't be so bad, either. Which is about as old as crocs generally get, anyway, so he had a rich, full life.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tardigrade posted:

Right here in River City?????

I aPpreciate this.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

I remember that story, that was the woman with the janky rear end above ground pool down in Seffner. 🤣

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/PowerSayeed/status/984797723575701505

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

22-year-old substitute teacher for a high school ran a fight club in his classroom.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Welll he clearly didn't teach them a single thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/billboard/status/983861051627331584