Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Apparently they build straight through poo poo too. Plop one down in a house and you have a pretty sturdy little base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Chaos and evolution, baby.

Seditiar posted:

What platform do you play on?

I'm on PC. Been playing BR to vent frustrations when the missions in STW goes poorly!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is Fortnite down on PS4? Just patched and for the last 20 min it just queues for like 10 min then fails to log in.

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Chaos and evolution, baby.

Feenix posted:

Is Fortnite down on PS4? Just patched and for the last 20 min it just queues for like 10 min then fails to log in.

Lots of stuff down at the moment it seems, namely logins and matchmaking. You can check https://status.epicgames.com/ in the future if you wanna see if it is on Epic's end.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Korhal posted:

Lots of stuff down at the moment it seems, namely logins and matchmaking. You can check https://status.epicgames.com/ in the future if you wanna see if it is on Epic's end.

Great. I had saved up enough to get some decent PvE stuff that's going to disappear in an hour and a half.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

I’m getting increasingly frustrated at this game. Not just the fact that it’s all my friends want to play anymore but when I do play with them they blame me for every loss! And now the sheer popularity of it inhibiting my ability to have fun playing this game with these long rear end wait queues to get into either game mode. Is there something I’m not getting about squad mode because everyone keeps telling me I’m not a good enough team player. I know I’m a better player than them because I’ve actually won solo games but that is just helping their argument of “oh your just thinking like a solo player”.

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 11, 2018

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

MarshyMcFly posted:

I’m getting increasingly frustrated at this game. Not just the fact that it’s all my friends want to play anymore and when I do play with them they blame me for every loss! And now the sheer popularity of it inhibiting my ability to have fun playing this game with these long rear end wait queues to get into either game mode. Is there something I’m not getting about squad mode because everyone keeps telling me I’m not a good enough team player. I know I’m a better player than them because I’ve actually won solo games but that is just helping their argument of “oh your just thinking like a solo player”.

Get better friends.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

MarshyMcFly posted:

I’m getting increasingly frustrated at this game. Not just the fact that it’s all my friends want to play anymore and when I do play with them they blame me for every loss! And now the sheer popularity of it inhibiting my ability to have fun playing this game with these long rear end wait queues to get into either game mode. Is there something I’m not getting about squad mode because everyone keeps telling me I’m not a good enough team player. I know I’m a better player than them because I’ve actually won solo games but that is just helping their argument of “oh your just thinking like a solo player”.

Stream/Record a game so we can yell at you too.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Play solo? I mean BR solo is still really fun. StW not to much.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

socialsecurity posted:

Stream/Record a game so we can yell at you too.

I like this option better.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

MarshyMcFly posted:

I’m getting increasingly frustrated at this game. Not just the fact that it’s all my friends want to play anymore but when I do play with them they blame me for every loss! And now the sheer popularity of it inhibiting my ability to have fun playing this game with these long rear end wait queues to get into either game mode. Is there something I’m not getting about squad mode because everyone keeps telling me I’m not a good enough team player. I know I’m a better player than them because I’ve actually won solo games but that is just helping their argument of “oh your just thinking like a solo player”.

Are you building without thinking of your teammates? Are you hogging all the good gear for yourself? Are you running off to do your own thing and ignoring your teammates pleading for help?

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

MF_James posted:

Are you building without thinking of your teammates? Are you hogging all the good gear for yourself? Are you running off to do your own thing and ignoring your teammates pleading for help?

I’m not doing any of those things.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

MarshyMcFly posted:

Perhaps you should tell your teammates "Your just bad", not "you're just bad", but "your just bad", to really underline the fact that they are just bad.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

MarshyMcFly posted:

are you the last one alive and then don't get kills? do you just not get kills? if its either of these things just play with other people

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire.

MarshyMcFly posted:

Maybe it's because you aren't a team player and are a loot whore to boot? But what do I know, I've only sat in PSN chat and listened to people try to nicely talk to you about it a billion times.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

spamhead80 posted:

Maybe it's because you aren't a team player and are a loot whore to boot? But what do I know, I've only sat in PSN chat and listened to people try to nicely talk to you about it a billion times.

DIng ding ding I think we have a winner.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

spamhead80 posted:

:drat:

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

spamhead80 posted:

By all means, increase the toxicity level among my friends list that’s such a nice thing to do.

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire.
I mean, you were on here kinda passively aggressively bitching about my friends, so I just wanted to set the record straight. People have tried to address it with you on multiple occasions and instead of actually working to maybe fix some of it you come here to post about how mean people are? It's an issue that's going to continually bite you in the rear end until you actually do something about it.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Is this our first Fortnite drama that doesn't involve white supremacy?!

:allears::munch:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

MarshyMcFly posted:

By all means, increase the toxicity level among my friends list that’s such a nice thing to do.

drat hell yeah dude fake friends are the worst

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

MarshyMcFly posted:

You could have brought this up with us. :weasel:
We all read this thread.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Johnny Truant posted:

Is this our first Fortnite drama that doesn't involve white supremacy?!

:allears::munch:

God I hope not! A good twist ending would make thiz even better!

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
What the hell? It's 9:45 on a Wednesday night and I have an hour wait in queue just to launch the game? What's going on?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Nullsmack posted:

What the hell? It's 9:45 on a Wednesday night and I have an hour wait in queue just to launch the game? What's going on?

Servers are down, apparently:

Korhal posted:

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

I guess twitch streamers are given priority login seeing as they are playing atm

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Goddamit I wanted to play :(

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Just won a game by port-a-forting a team as they shot rockets.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

I picked a bad day to try fortnite for the first time

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Raccooon posted:

I guess twitch streamers are given priority login seeing as they are playing atm

According to epic's site it's just the login servers and some of the squad/matchmaking stuff so if you're already logged in or get into matches you're probably fine.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Raccooon posted:

I picked a bad day to try fortnite for the first time

Nah, this is perfect to demonstrate what happens after every patch.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Sports guys love fortnite lol

https://twitter.com/world_wide_wob/status/984283034798247937?s=12

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I love this new group I'm playing with. I always get priority on scoped ar's because they know I prefer them even over the scar.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Yeah it's pretty crazy how quickly it's being absorbed by the public at large. Is it a "house hold" name yet? In the sense of call of duty, or mine craft?

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

el B posted:

Yeah it's pretty crazy how quickly it's being absorbed by the public at large. Is it a "house hold" name yet? In the sense of call of duty, or mine craft?

I mean, it's been blamed for kids shooting schools already hasn't it? That's Call of Duty status imo. :c00lbert:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Are there any decent fortnite youtubers that don't view pausing to take a breath during a video as a faux pas? Everyone seems to have that talk constantly and talk aggressively aesthetic going on. I just want someone chill and entertaining.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

tweet my meat posted:

Are there any decent fortnite youtubers that don't view pausing to take a breath during a video as a faux pas? Everyone seems to have that talk constantly and talk aggressively aesthetic going on. I just want someone chill and entertaining.

Ali-A videos are so bad when it comes to this. A twenty-five minute uninterrupted sentence yelled at the most grating tone imaginable.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

throwing a port-a-fort under yourself is good, but throwing it at someone whos trying to shoot you then killing them in the ensuing chaos is far better

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Cluncho McChunk posted:

I mean, it's been blamed for kids shooting schools already hasn't it? That's Call of Duty status imo. :c00lbert:

"Eyewitness reports state that the suspect threw 150 wooden logs on the ground and instantly created a three story tower with which to shoot at cops with"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

"local man robs military base of RPG, attempts to ride the rocket and instead resorts to punching a nearby vending machine while jamming sticks in the coin return slot"